Let's Finish the Sequel: SAO: Hollow Realization

Btw, Anyone know if there are missable CG's yet ? And does anyone know if Argo, Yuuki, Agil, Klein,... Also have Bed CG's or if it's just the main waifus ?

Okay, so, Yuuki has CG. That is pretty expected.

132443.jpg

Agil and Klein are bed-able only.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/10/31/fans-of-mature-men-rejoice-you-can-bed-agil-in-sword-art-online-hollow-realization

(Do not look if you don't want to see spoiler CGs)

And this thread confirms that Argo is the same as the boys.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/181869-sword-art-online-hollow-realization/74547297?page=1

Is the second picture from the Vita Version ?

All versions. Even Japanese one. The first one is from early version that has been patched in Japanese version.

It looks like patches are coming really fast because the next one (patch 1.05) will bring player damage back up from the 1/3 nerf

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhr.sao-game.jp%2Fdlc%2Fpatch%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Damage back to 1.03 standards (except on "Strong enemies")

- SSC made easier

- Stats will affect attack/defense etc

- Popular buffs will have their animations removed

- To add SSC+ effect to a few buffs

- Variable Hero, Overdrive and Hyper Armor nerfed

- Gain more affection during dates, praising and skillchains

Gaining more affection is great, but that damage and buff nerf ... :|.

Also, boooooo censorship.

CvyH7nFUIAAEb4r.jpg

All versions. Even Japanese one. The first one is from early version that has been patched in Japanese version.

Is the second picture from the Vita Version ?

Okay, changing my statement. Just got to that event and... I got the more fanservice picture, lol =D

Guess it was something poster missread?

Or it may be censored on PS4 version?

Update:

-Had my first infinite loading screen... Luckily it saves on every loading screen.

-Waifus seem to have unique gear based on how they perform in battle, just like in HF. (I just unlocked Philia's attack gear)

fvWcvuL.jpg

FovrhdP.jpg

-I missed a Last Attack Bonus... Anyone know if redoing the boss in Multiplayer and getting the LAB there counts for the trophy or if it's just singleplayer and I already locked myself out of a one playthrough plat ?

So... I unlocked Dual Wield, yahoo!

What a freaking grind...

Anyway... not really that positive actually... Sure, we have our beloved Starburst Stream and Eclipse skills but... Dual Wielding is as you guys may know an EX skill, not actual weapon this time. Which also brings the fact that mastery goes only one way and thus only one set of skill points.

For those who do not know what EX Skill is, it's your equipped skillset that decides which skills you can use. If you don't have that EX skill equipped, you can't use those skills even if you unlock them effectively blocking you from having all skills at your disposal.

This means that HNM grinding cannot be done with Dual Wield provided you want Hyper Armor and Att Boost since that requires Attacker EX skill.

So... I guess I won't stay with Dual Wielding for long since it doesn't actually bring anything towards Plat grind.

Also, one info regarding those hidden EX Skill trophies. They pop up after their requirements are met. You don't need to spend Skill Points to unlock them if you don't want to and want to save SPs for global skills.

-Waifus seem to have unique gear based on how they perform in battle, just like in HF. (I just unlocked Philia's attack gear)

Gee, they could have made them a bit more original :/ This one is exactly the same as Yuuki has.

-I missed a Last Attack Bonus... Anyone know if redoing the boss in Multiplayer and getting the LAB there counts for the trophy or if it's just singleplayer and I already locked myself out of a one playthrough plat ?

From what I read, it counts if you rebattle them.

• Like 2

Nice, I know what I'll be doing in SAO HR. Got all the unique gear in HF too.

So... I unlocked Dual Wield, yahoo!

What a freaking grind...

Anyway... not really that positive actually... Sure, we have our beloved Starburst Stream and Eclipse skills but... Dual Wielding is as you guys may know an EX skill, not actual weapon this time. Which also brings the fact that mastery goes only one way and thus only one set of skill points.

For those who do not know what EX Skill is, it's your equipped skillset that decides which skills you can use. If you don't have that EX skill equipped, you can't use those skills even if you unlock them effectively blocking you from having all skills at your disposal.

This means that HNM grinding cannot be done with Dual Wield provided you want Hyper Armor and Att Boost since that requires Attacker EX skill.

Well that sucks.

Reading this stuff here, it seems like they made some really questionable changes in Hollow Realization... some that make the grind even bigger than it already was in Hollow Fragment! But oh well, I'm still going to get the game, but I'll have to wait until next year. Maybe by then there are more tips or there even is a guide. :P (*looking at Satoshi*)

@Dragon: Sure there are, but they obviously require more mastery. So you are stuck with :square: pressing until 50 mastery to get End Revolver (it's named differently) and then another 50 mastery to get first non-AoE skill. However, Dual Wield is still as OP as we remember.
@Stefan: I may do one... or may not =/ Dunno =D It's going to depend on whether I find some quickways to get the grindy trophies =D

@Dragon: Sure there are, but they obviously require more mastery. So you are stuck with :square: pressing until 50 mastery to get End Revolver (it's named differently) and then another 50 mastery to get first non-AoE skill. However, Dual Wield is still as OP as we remember.

Lol, why not just quote my post? Anyway, it's good that Dual-Wield is still OP.

Guys, BIG NEWS!

I FREAKING LOVE DUAL WIELDING!

Oh wait, that is nothing new... everyone knows that.

So... on the real big news.

Vita version actually is not that bad after all! Second area was perfectly fine! Sure, there were some hiccups, but nothing as bad as I explained on the previous page! In fact, even the boss fight was perfectly fine! After NPCs die, that is. For this reason, NEVER revive NPCs that go with you to the battle. Only revive waifus. If you fight the boss with just 3 waifus, it's perfectly fine, no problems, no input lag, no FPS drops. (Sure, it may have been because I utterly raped that boss because Voltage Assault :awesome: )

What this means. If the patch with selectable partner NPCs is coming, the boss fights will be perfectly playable from the start. Now, I have a suggestion for those who started, try to be OP and let NPC partners get killed as soon as possible. That shouldn't be that bad since boss usually kills them pretty fast.

tl:dr: Dual Wield is breaking the game, Vita is saved, grind is real.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 3

Guys, BIG NEWS!

I FREAKING LOVE DUAL WIELDING!

Oh wait, that is nothing new... everyone knows that.

So... on the real big news.

Vita version actually is not that bad after all! Second area was perfectly fine! Sure, there were some hiccups, but nothing as bad as I explained on the previous page! In fact, even the boss fight was perfectly fine! After NPCs die, that is. For this reason, NEVER revive NPCs that go with you to the battle. Only revive waifus. If you fight the boss with just 3 waifus, it's perfectly fine, no problems, no input lag, no FPS drops. (Sure, it may have been because I utterly raped that boss because Voltage Assault :awesome: )

What this means. If the patch with selectable partner NPCs is coming, the boss fights will be perfectly playable from the start. Now, I have a suggestion for those who started, try to be OP and let NPC partners get killed as soon as possible. That shouldn't be that bad since boss usually kills them pretty fast.

tl:dr: Dual Wield is breaking the game, Vita is saved, grind is real.

That's great, but the PS4 version is still the best version :awesome:.

Edited by soultaker655

That's even better :dance:.

Since I'm grinding for skills (yea, screw the main story, I wanna be OP :awesome:) I was testing the costume + praising requirements.

The main reason is that I have all costumes for Yuuki but not for Silica (I obviously use both permanently just for info :awesome:) and I need my beloved loli with complete wardrobe :awesome: so I decided to look at it and here's the info I found out.

Costumes are pretty much once again tied to actions like in HF but this time it's a bit different.

As you probably know, each waifu has a set of emotions signalized by the named bubbles on their character screen.

19-sword-art-online-hollow-realization-1

Silica-tan here (ignore the Japanese, I was simply lazy to use my own screenshot since to use different application you have to shut down the game) has Shy (crimson bubble), Spirited (orange bubble), Caring (3 people bubble), Kind (one person bubble) and Honest (arrows bubble).

As you can see on the screen, the bubble has some value/1000 (and some stats but that is irrelevant for now).

Each bubble has default size.that defines how many points can go toward it. The points are, as you may have expected, obtained through praising. It's not one point but 5 per one praise. And this is where costumes to equation. Once you reach the defined maximum point count, you unlock the costume. (It's not always 1000, it's usually much less btw.)

This is what is definite. Now for some speculation.

What I presume is that there are only 4 costumes available for each waifu and the smallest bubble for each waifu definies which action does not lead to costume. Why am I convinced of this? Because Silica's smallest bubble is Shy (WHY?! THIS SHOULD BE MAIN! :D) and I already reached the maximum of 249 (nothing adds when I praise her Shy action), however, I have only 3 available costumes and since I have Spirited, Caring and Kind maxed as well, costumes are covered by them. Therefore, I'm missing Honest for the last costume.

The second reason is what I said above, Yuuki having 4 costumes. She has 4 bubbles maxed while her smallest bubble is not. Funny is that it's once again Honest, seriously I have no idea when that shit activates =D

As I said, emotions are tied to actions. Using Silica as an example, Spirited is tied to Switch, Healing to Caring and so on. So, you should remember which actions yield which emotion once you plan to grind specific costume. But as I said, this will surely come naturally in affection grinding. The only problem may be if you don't know when some emotion activates like I have it with Honest =D However, that should be just a matter of time. 

Welp, that should be all, I guess. If you have a question, throw it at me.

Also, fun fact, apparently Silica and Yuuki can dual wield since you can equip the EX skill on them, lol xDDD

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Since I'm grinding for skills (yea, screw the main story, I wanna be OP :awesome:) I was testing the costume + praising requirements.

The main reason is that I have all costumes for Yuuki but not for Silica (I obviously use both permanently just for info :awesome:) and I need my beloved loli with complete wardrobe :awesome: so I decided to look at it and here's the info I found out.

Costumes are pretty much once again tied to actions like in HF but this time it's a bit different.

As you probably know, each waifu has a set of emotions signalized by the named bubbles on their character screen.

Silica-tan here (ignore the Japanese, I was simply lazy to use my own screenshot since to use different application you have to shut down the game) has Shy (crimson bubble), Spirited (orange bubble), Caring (3 people bubble), Kind (one person bubble) and Honest (arrows bubble).

As you can see on the screen, the bubble has some value/1000 (and some stats but that is irrelevant for now).

Each bubble has default size.that defines how many points can go toward it. The points are, as you may have expected, obtained through praising. It's not one point but 5 per one praise. And this is where costumes to equation. Once you reach the defined maximum point count, you unlock the costume. (It's not always 1000, it's usually much less btw.)

What I presume is that there are only 4 costumes available for each waifu and the smallest bubble for each waifu definies which action does not lead to costume. Why am I convinced of this? Because Silica's smallest bubble is Shy (WHY?! THIS SHOULD BE MAIN! :D) and I already reached the maximum of 249 (nothing adds when I praise her Shy action), however, I have only 3 available costumes and since I have Spirited, Caring and Kind maxed as well, costumes are covered by them. Therefore, I'm missing Honest for the last costume.

The second reason is what I said above, Yuuki having 4 costumes. She has 4 bubbles maxed while her smallest bubble is not. Funny is that it's once again Honest, seriously I have no idea when that shit activates =D

As I said, emotions are tied to actions. Using Silica as an example, Spirited is tied to Switch, Healing to Caring and so on. So, you should remember which actions yield which emotion once you plan to grind specific costume. But as I said, this will surely come naturally in affection grinding. The only problem may be if you don't know when some emotion activates like I have it with Honest =D However, that should be just a matter of time. 

Also, fun fact, apparently Silica and Yuuki can dual wield since you can equip the EX skill on them, lol xDDD

Thanks Satoshi-sama this is totally going to help me when i'm grinding the Affections 

That's interesting, thanks for the info. So how many emotions need to be maxed out to get the affection trophy? And is there a bonus outfit for unlocking all other outfits, just like in HF? 

Lol :lol:, I can understand why Yuuki would have dual-wield, but Silica.... unless the requirements for dual-wielding aren't based on who has the fastest reflexes.

That's interesting, thanks for the info. So how many emotions need to be maxed out to get the affection trophy? 

Emotions are irrelevant to affection. (Friendship on the screen) You simply need to praise, praise and praise. Praise to each emotion raises affection bar. And you need Level 6 (max level 5 bar) to get the trophy. Level 5->6 is hell. Like literal hell.

And is there a bonus outfit for unlocking all other outfits, just like in HF? 

Since there are already 4 costumes, I don't think so. 

I'll see if something happens once I max Silica's Honest emotion.

Lol :lol:, I can understand why Yuuki would have dual-wield, but Silica.... unless the requirements for dual-wielding aren't based on who has the fastest reflexes.

Nah, it's just ignoring the fact that Dual Wielding is Kirito-kun signature equip. Since it's an EX skill this time, everyone can equip like because all waifus can equip all EX Skills you unlock.

Okay, maxed Silica, so as I already stated, to get the trophy, you need to max level 5 affection bar. 

Anyway, I maxed the Honest bubble but did not unlock the last costume. Which means either Silica has only 3 costumes which I don't suppose is true, or there is some requirement that combines emotions somehow (the circle on the screenshot) but since I can't do move the points, I don't know how that can be done lol =D

Also, here's Silica's chance for Dual Wield xDD 

NnCnwJr.jpg

(Yea, I'm level 35 before starting the third area, hehe...)

Also, now that I think about it. We did talk about skill points and how HF showered us with them. This may not be the case in HR since you only get one point per 10 mastery of weapon or EX skill. So, to sum it up, there is a limited about of obtainable skill points.

Weapons: 1H Sword, Rapier, Scimitar, Dagger, Club, Katana, 2H Sword, Axe, Spear (9)

EX Skills: Attacker, Tank, Buffer, Healer, Scout (5)

Hidden/Trophy EX Skills: 9

That gives us 2300 possible Skill Points for maxing everything to 1000. But since that is neither required for Plat nor really easily achievable, I would advise being very careful with buying skills.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami