Thoughts on the game?

DuckSwimmer

While on twitter, I came across the tweet about this game and decided to look more into it. According to the PlayStation blog it's a side-scroller(a really pretty neon one). I mean, the game looks extremely pretty and the gameplay from it in the trailer looks really fun.

Here's the blog post as well

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/09/step-inside-the-vibrant-neon-world-of-mekazoo-on-november-15/

The came comes out November 15th. What are your thoughts on this?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up for people thinking about getting this, the game has some really major framerate issues. It's noticeable pretty much on every level and especially on some later levels it can get really bad. Like, it feels like you're playing the whole level in slow motion. The framerate issues also make the game's graphics look quite bad and creates a lot of situations when it feels like controls are unresponsive.

I tweeted developers about this problem but either the tweet got ignored because they don't want to publicly admit the framerate issues or they just missed the tweet. In addition, I encountered multiple soft locks: scripted events not getting triggered or getting stuck out of bounds. Personally, I thought the game shouldn't have passed QA in its current state. It's quite a shame as the gameplay itself can be really good when the game is actually working properly. If you really want to 100% this, you can get used to the framerate but at first it can feel really annoying.

As a side note, coop trophies can be unlocked on your own with 2 controllers.

• 5 months later...

Just finished platinum and I really liked the game. The biggest problem I had was indeed the bad performance. I quit playing on normal PS4 because of it, some level were just to horrible to play.

The good news for everyone who owns a PS4 Pro, it gets a lot better and it's fun again. It response better and the framerate is stable. I couldn't get enough of it last days. The difficulty of some level achievements are really frustrating - but also satisfying if you managed to deal with it ?

Edited by Nadinchen211

• 3 months later...
On 11/26/2016 at 0:03 PM, Synophis said:

Just a heads up for people thinking about getting this, the game has some really major framerate issues. It's noticeable pretty much on every level and especially on some later levels it can get really bad. Like, it feels like you're playing the whole level in slow motion. The framerate issues also make the game's graphics look quite bad and creates a lot of situations when it feels like controls are unresponsive.

I tweeted developers about this problem but either the tweet got ignored because they don't want to publicly admit the framerate issues or they just missed the tweet. In addition, I encountered multiple soft locks: scripted events not getting triggered or getting stuck out of bounds. Personally, I thought the game shouldn't have passed QA in its current state. It's quite a shame as the gameplay itself can be really good when the game is actually working properly. If you really want to 100% this, you can get used to the framerate but at first it can feel really annoying.

As a side note, coop trophies can be unlocked on your own with 2 controllers.

Does the game still have issues?

• 4 weeks later...
On 13.9.2017 at 3:21 AM, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Does the game still have issues?

Your question is already a few weeks old but maybe you still want to know. Since there was no further update on the game it should be still a mess to play it at least on the normal PS4. As I pointed out some comments before, you and the game will be fine if you are an owner of a PS4 Pro. I played it on both, had to give up on normal PS4, but with the Pro version it runs smoothly like it should.