Trophy list thoughts?

gameoncomrade

• 4 months later...

Warning to anyone thinking about or already playing the game: Access the Dinodex one final time before accessing the true ending portal or you won't get Aeoncyclopedia (100% complete Dinodex) and the platinum - the true ending will prevent you from continuing that game and accessing the complete Dinodex within.

• 9 months later...
On 14.3.2017 at 5:46 PM, zadorvp said:

Warning to anyone thinking about or already playing the game: Access the Dinodex one final time before accessing the true ending portal or you won't get Aeoncyclopedia (100% complete Dinodex) and the platinum - the true ending will prevent you from continuing that game and accessing the complete Dinodex within.

just completed both stacks of Time Machine VR and this almost happened to me on my first run... i just wanted to get it over with and rushed to the true end portal. fortunately, I remembered it in the last second.

and it seems that the "The Hesperornis of Notre-Dove" trophy (lone hesperornis in chapter 3) is also technically missable. very unlikely and almost hard to do, but i almost missed it as you can see in my EU stack for this game: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5565-time-machine-vr/dernop?order=date

It was the last trophy i got before going into the true end portal, after getting 100% Dinodex!

Again I almost went into the portal, but then checked the trophies again ("just in case") because of my almost-mishap in the first stack and to my surprise, this was still missing.

first i thought it was a glitch, but then I remembered that I thought I was done with chapter 3, but was only at 98% completion of the level, which confused me. so i went back to the beginning of the level and just tagged one of the Hesperornis there and got my 100% level completion (but not the trophy)

The problem seems to be that I did the whole quest of said trophy, up until you do a "photo" (behavioral analysis tool) of two hesperornis together and then i went to do the portals and other animals, because i thought i was done. You are supposed to tag the lone hesperornis in the end to complete the quest AND get 100%, but since i tagged a random one later i only got the 100% scan completion but not the trophy for completing the quest.

Like i said, very hard to miss, but _technically_ missable it seems. almost happened to me at least :P

*edit*: almost forgot: i just had to load up level 3 again and as soon as Rob said, that we completed everything in this level and should head back to the main hub, the trophy just popped.

other than that: quite a fun game, at least the first-time story mode. the stack felt like a chore, but if you do it directly after and know what to do, it can be done in 4-5h easily.

Edited by dernop
  • Like 2