Wes and maxwell trophies, backing up saves, cheating

BG_painter

Hi every1!
im trying to unçock Wes and Max and this is proving to be really hard for me. After hours and days i eventually die and lose all my progress :(. Then i was reading online and found this guide: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/dont-starve/guide/   and the person here suggests to back up the ps save into the cloud (ps plus i guess) so you dont lose all your progress when you die. So here is my question: Isnt that considered cheating and removal from the rank leaderbords? I read online that if you use saves other than the playstation saves you get removed from the leaderboards from cheating. Any1 here used this method? I am asking because i dont know very much about the matter, and for sure i don't want to be considered a cheat!

Hi every1!

im trying to unçock Wes and Max and this is proving to be really hard for me. After hours and days i eventually die and lose all my progress :(. Then i was reading online and found this guide: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/dont-starve/guide/   and the person here suggests to back up the ps save into the cloud (ps plus i guess) so you dont lose all your progress when you die. So here is my question: Isnt that considered cheating and removal from the rank leaderbords? I read online that if you use saves other than the playstation saves you get removed from the leaderboards from cheating. Any1 here used this method? I am asking because i dont know very much about the matter, and for sure i don't want to be considered a cheat!

Absolutely not considered 'cheating' as you are not using an advantage that other people are unable to use, you won't get flagged or anything like that. You are still using your own savefile. For matter of comparison, the majority of the people who did the hardest trophy of Medal Of Honor: Warfighter, did it through backing up their saves.

You are good to go.

• Like 2

If you haven't already, then disable the Giant Edition settings in the options as otherwise the game will be harder with the sanity drain from being waterlogged in Spring and the health drain from overheating in summer.

Completed this on my old account and used the cloud to back up the saves, so I could go back to a prior point if I died or messed up. If you don't have PS+ you can back up to USB instead.

• Like 1

Rach, Yuri and Griffon thank you soooooooo much for the help! I've been reading online since i made the post and i guess i misunderstood the first time, its not cheating if i use my acc save file, but it is if i another acc uses my save file, right? Anyway, its a relief to know that :D. After getting the plat for Dead space 2 and shadow of the colossus, for SURE i dont want trouble LOL. Feel free to send me friend requests in psn if you guys want and need help in the future, i'll be glad to help!
Happy Thanksgiving! :)

• 3 years later...

Advanced issue found

On 23.11.2016 at 7:41 PM, RachP13 said:

If you haven't already, then disable the Giant Edition settings in the options as otherwise the game will be harder with the sanity drain from being waterlogged in Spring and the health drain from overheating in summer.

I know it's 3 years old but Giant Edition also comes with some improvements that make beating Adventure Mode easier imo. I might attempt making a detailed guide for the game one day.