Thoughts?

DrakeHellsing

Kills are overall, not tied to a specific playthrough. I played a chunk of the game without realising how to save and died, then when I started again the first kill gave me the pistol trophy. Also, the difficulty trophies do not stack, so it's four playthroughs.

Really? So four times huh? That's unfortunate, but I guess you played on one mode, finished it and only got the trophy for that difficulty?

And saving would be... how in that game?

Really? So four times huh? That's unfortunate, but I guess you played on one mode, finished it and only got the trophy for that difficulty?

And saving would be... how in that game?

I haven't finished it myself yet, but Hard difficulty trophy on PSN is 4.5% right now, while the Easy, Medium and Impossible trophies are all at 0.0%. As for saving, it's just the left side of the touch pad, but at first I didn't realise the touch pad had two sections for the game, as I always press the right side of it.

• Like 1

I haven't finished it myself yet, but Hard difficulty trophy on PSN is 4.5% right now, while the Easy, Medium and Impossible trophies are all at 0.0%. As for saving, it's just the left side of the touch pad, but at first I didn't realise the touch pad had two sections for the game, as I always press the right side of it.

Ah, I hadn't seen the stats for those actually.  But sounds like it for sure.  Hopefully that noncombatant trophy wont be trouble in the end... which is why once I grab the game, I plan on doing on easy just for that trophy in mind (and taking it easy first time through)

Ah, I hadn't seen the stats for those actually.  But sounds like it for sure.  Hopefully that noncombatant trophy wont be trouble in the end... which is why once I grab the game, I plan on doing on easy just for that trophy in mind (and taking it easy first time through)

Well there's one character you have to get a keycard from about halfway through, and from what I can tell you can only get it by killing him. So either he doesn't count towards that trophy (he's a non-combatant), or there's another way to get the keycard off him that I don't know about.

Well there's one character you have to get a keycard from about halfway through, and from what I can tell you can only get it by killing him. So either he doesn't count towards that trophy (he's a non-combatant), or there's another way to get the keycard off him that I don't know about.

He must not count then I would assume, otherwise, the trophy would have to be unobtainable, since there is the trophy for not killing any noncombatants in the game.  Either that, or there is another way to obtain said keycard.

So I assume either, he does not count, or there's another way to indeed, get said keycard from him.

He must not count then I would assume, otherwise, the trophy would have to be unobtainable, since there is the trophy for not killing any noncombatants in the game.  Either that, or there is another way to obtain said keycard.

So I assume either, he does not count, or there's another way to indeed, get said keycard from him.

Well I just completed it on Medium and didn't get it, and I feel fairly positive I didn't kill any non-combatants. Only ones I did kill was the one for the keycard and another during a self-destruct sequence who automatically stops the self-destruct if you don't kill him, which fails you. Maybe I accidentally killed someone with with an explosive, or perhaps there's a way around killing those two guys.

I also couldn't figure out how to do the Like the Boss trophy which I'm assuming is an easter egg trophy akin to Gone Fishin', but wasn't sure exactly where it was.

EDIT: Okay it seems that the cheats for this don't even activate, or the codes I've used for the health and infinite ammos cheats were wrong.

Edited by Dark_Raven666

Well I just completed it on Medium and didn't get it, and I feel fairly positive I didn't kill any non-combatants. Only ones I did kill was the one for the keycard and another during a self-destruct sequence who automatically stops the self-destruct if you don't kill him, which fails you. Maybe I accidentally killed someone with with an explosive, or perhaps there's a way around killing those two guys.

I also couldn't figure out how to do the Like the Boss trophy which I'm assuming is an easter egg trophy akin to Gone Fishin', but wasn't sure exactly where it was.

EDIT: Okay it seems that the cheats for this don't even activate, or the codes I've used for the health and infinite ammos cheats were wrong.

Yeah, I missed the fishing one by the looks of it, but the Boss one... I guess it's somewhere a little later on for me at least.  I'm guessing looking out for a vehicle based upon the trophy image.  I know what it is referring to though :D

But at least we know about them two now, so I'll keep an eye out on those two and see what happens, make multiple saves if I have to.

• 3 months later...

Those rail gun guys are annoying as all hell. One hit kill, really game? Even on easy? Can't imagine doing this game on hard and impossible, especially that wonky boss you have to incinerate. In theory it's easy, but getting it to follow you feels so random and out of your hands. :/

• 4 weeks later...

Just did it on Impossible, nothing special about it. Save right before any suspicious corners and doors, strafe out of cover, shoot before they get a shot out, strafe back in. And as soon you kill your first rail gunner and pick it up, you're using the scan mode all the time to check if that corner really is as suspicious it seems.

The only real problem I noticed was saving right before a rail gunner takes a shot at you. On first reload he seems to always miss, but if you have to reload again, he'll always hit on every future reload - unless you quit the game completely. So save early, save often, and spread it over those save slots while at it.

The Combot needs to be shot enough until Hendrix says it's going to follow you after which it does that without question. I used strafing from behind cover and Rocket Launcher in the Incinerator Room, as the Combot stays in the corridor (4 hits will aggro it). If you went up the ramp in the corridor and baited it there, you might get him stuck and be forced to reload. 4 RL hits, run up the ladder, SAVE (because aggroed that guy spams rockets like it was New Year's...) fall back into the corridor behind you, and if luck's on your side you can run back on the observation desk, push both buttons and fall back again before you're dead.

After succeeding in the button presses,and hiding again it takes a while. I actually went take a peek why it was taking so long. Here's a suggestion: just don't :P Hendrix will tell you soon enough, when you're a badass.

• 8 months later...
On 4/27/2017 at 6:54 AM, ars said:

Just did it on Impossible, nothing special about it. Save right before any suspicious corners and doors, strafe out of cover, shoot before they get a shot out, strafe back in. And as soon you kill your first rail gunner and pick it up, you're using the scan mode all the time to check if that corner really is as suspicious it seems.

The only real problem I noticed was saving right before a rail gunner takes a shot at you. On first reload he seems to always miss, but if you have to reload again, he'll always hit on every future reload - unless you quit the game completely. So save early, save often, and spread it over those save slots while at it.

The Combot needs to be shot enough until Hendrix says it's going to follow you after which it does that without question. I used strafing from behind cover and Rocket Launcher in the Incinerator Room, as the Combot stays in the corridor (4 hits will aggro it). If you went up the ramp in the corridor and baited it there, you might get him stuck and be forced to reload. 4 RL hits, run up the ladder, SAVE (because aggroed that guy spams rockets like it was New Year's...) fall back into the corridor behind you, and if luck's on your side you can run back on the observation desk, push both buttons and fall back again before you're dead.

After succeeding in the button presses,and hiding again it takes a while. I actually went take a peek why it was taking so long. Here's a suggestion: just don't :P Hendrix will tell you soon enough, when you're a badass.

I don't remember him saying anything like that, I literally ran out of ammo on one of my attempts to get that thing to move forward. :/

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

I don't remember him saying anything like that, I literally ran out of ammo on one of my attempts to get that thing to move forward. :/

It's an old game with some conditional triggers that aren't readily apparent. Might of course be the thing just bugged on you. I do remember I wasted a lot of ammo spamming rockets in the general direction and thinking splash damage will get the Combot angry, and at least on occasion during my few retries it did, but not after *a lot* of spamming. The four rockets I said will get it aggroed were four dead-on headshots. After a couple deaths I stopped using any other weapons because there's no indicator of how much damage you're doing, and you don't really want to step out in the open as return fire eats you up in a flash (and you need to save health to survive the aggro sequence).

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2016 at 1:07 AM, Dark_Raven666 said:

just did the same thing last night haha. always press the right side of the touchpad, nothing happens in this game, "oh, I guess there's some autosaves going on or something" died and had to redo the first ~20 minutes. There's something about having to google "How to save game in Red Faction" that was very humbling.