Mass Effect 4 to utilize Frostbite 2

AndroidFox

The two men who founded Bioware are no longer at the studio, but EA has promised to respect past Mass Effect games as they gear up for Mass Effect 4. The publisher just revealed that the upcoming RPG will run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine, and that new story arcs and gameplay options are being explored.

Said BioWare Montreal studio director Yanick Roy, courtesy Google Translate:

"There is really not much I can tell you about the game right now, except that it will be built with the amazing technology of Frostbite acts as foundation, enhanced by many of the systems the Dragon Age III team has Already Spent a lot of time building.

The other thing I can tell you Is that, while it will be very respectful of the heritage built over the course of the first three games, with the original trilogy now concluded and the switch over to a new engine, we are exploring new directions, both gameplay and story on the fronts.

You can still expect the pillars for the deductible is known to be fully intact though, including diverse alien races, a huge galaxy to explore, and of course rich, cinematic storytelling."

Bioware is now hiring for Mass Effect 4.

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2012/11/12/mass-effect-4-to-utilize-frostbite-2-will-respect-past-games/

I remember them saying that Mass Effect 3 was the end of Sheppard's story. I always expected another Mass Effect Game, but if they continue Sheppard's story, I just cannot take it seriously.

it wont be they already confirmed this it will be a new main character taking place after the events of mass effect 3

I have enjoyed both the ME games I played... they were fun, challenging, and told an interesting story.

**Sorry for all you hard-core folks that felt completely ripped off by the "ending" fiasco.**

Putting the controversial ending(s) aside, I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I'm on-board with a new game and a new main character.