Crossplay with xbox.

Mr-Of-TacTicZz

How will the develop this in the future. What do you guys want?

I know we have rocket league but we xant add xbox friends and the other way...

Im having a friend that plays Gems Of War and he says they will add crossplay soon. Oh nice we can finnaly play a game together. Huh no we cant...

I think sony and xbox should work together for a seperate list on each system where you can find xbox and ps4 users so you can add and play with friends from another system.

Because from my opinion it is now not worth to add crossplay because you cant connect with friends...

Srry if there is something wrong on this but feel free to add more info and your suggestions.

The amount of money, time and other resources to set up just cross-play servers is quite large. Not too bad, but still. Devs have their PS servers, their Xbox servers and their PC servers to maintain, QC team, support team, DLC team (if applicable), and testers. Add to that cross-play servers that need to be compatible with more than 1 system is a lot more expensive and complicated to maintain. The Rocket League devs didn't explain how they were able to easily create such servers, but we know it can be done. Question is how expensive and complex is the maintenance and service for those servers. 

P2P games like Call of Duty will never get cross-play servers, as dedicated servers are necessary for this concept. Overall, it just doesn't seem monetarily worth it to add cross-lay servers for individual games, let alone start adding separate friends lists and system interconnectivity and all that jazz. Maybe in the future, if this kind of thing becomes more inexpensive, or some developers find ways to make the set up a lot easier, we'll see more. But I wouldn't hold your breath, cuz it'll probably be years before this becomes mainstream if it ever does.

I mean, whenever I go online, it's to play with strangers. That's all I want to do. I'll play split screen online with the missus or a friend, but that's it. If I wanted to play a game with someone I know, I'd get them to come over, order some pizza, and play the game. The idea of expanding potentially EVERY game's playerbase is a beautiful one and does nothing but benefit people. 

Also in some games it could result in lag but likr i see that there is almoast no lag these days comparee to the begin stage of ps3

Lag is still a serious issue across most online games. It stems from P2P servers (CoD) that pick a host with poor internet, games that are poorly optimized (Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel), or just terrible servers (MLB The Show 16 had its servers 99%+ unplayable for the first couple weeks after launch, and still to this day aren't that stable at times). To say that there is almost no lag since 2008ish is completely false