Falling short? (literally)

Sir-Syzygy

Half as long, half as bright 

Having played the original (and superior in my opinion) PS3 Infamous titles, I couldn't help but notice 'Second Son' was incredibly short. Of course, short games can be really great, games such as 'Portal' fly by quick, but leave impressions that go much longer. 'Second Son' though, felt monotonous to me; other big issues I have are mostly to do with the lack of distinctive style that the, what I like to call "Cole Saga", had.

Being a shorter experience is one of Second Son's lesser flaws; I could rant for hours about other things about the game that aren't quite up to scratch, in comparison to the prior titles. Reflecting on things, I realise I'd probably detest the game further if I had to play it longer. Make what you will of that.

Let me see what you have to say?

Edited by Crispy78923
  • Like 1

I enjoyed Infamous Second Son and was happy with First Light DLC as well. 

Second Son is short I guess but lots to do around the city as well as the main story. I was disappointed that Sucker Punch didn't do anymore DLC for it as was looking forward to more. Just hope they announce Infamous 1 and 2 remasters or a new Infamous soon. 

• Like 1

Second Son is short I guess but lots to do around the city as well as the main story. I was disappointed that Sucker Punch didn't do anymore DLC for it as was looking forward to more. Just hope they announce Infamous 1 and 2 remasters or a new Infamous soon. 

I agree, I would like to see a remaster collection announced.

Yeah, the game is pretty short, which I was a bit dissapointed by. I wish that the game would have had a bit more substance, but at the time I think it was by the far the best looking game on Playstation 4. I guess I am a bit biased though as Infamous was my first game on my old Playstation 3 account

I agree, I would like to see a remaster collection announced.

That would be really cool, but those damn blast shards on the first Infamous would be a pain to go through again. But definitely something I would be excited for if it were to be announced.

• 1 year later...
On 12/5/2016 at 11:03 PM, SolidJD said:

Does 'First Light' even count as a DLC? It seems to be a standalone game to me (albeit an even shorter one apparently [I haven't played it, besides 5 minutes at my friend's house]).

• Like 2

Thread necromancy!

I didn't think Second Son was too short, tthen again it was the first inFAMOUS game I played. Tried the first game later on and it was so slow... So I don't mind Second Son going a bit faster through its story.

11 minutes ago, Crispy78923 said:

Does 'First Light' even count as a DLC? It seems to be a standalone game to me (albeit an even shorter one apparently [I haven't played it, besides 5 minutes at my friend's house]).

It's what the term "standalone DLC" is for; a seperately downloadable game that's still very much linked to the main game. Tends to happen with DLC whose proportions get out of hand, but not so much out of hand that they can make a full sequel out of it.

7 minutes ago, Cool Rick said:

Thread necromancy!

I didn't think Second Son was too short, tthen again it was the first inFAMOUS game I played. Tried the first game later on and it was so slow... So I don't mind Second Son going a bit faster through its story.

It's what the term "standalone DLC" is for; a seperately downloadable game that's still very much linked to the main game. Tends to happen with DLC whose proportions get out of hand, but not so much out of hand that they can make a full sequel out of it.

"Standalone DLC" Huh? Never heard that one before, thanks for teaching me @Cool Rick!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Crispy78923 said:

"Standalone DLC" Huh? Never heard that one before, thanks for teaching me @Cool Rick!

You're welcome :)

I think it's weird to call games like this DLC... Though technically, yes of course they're downloadable content. Guess as "Standalone DLC" they're closer to their parental game, which means they can bank a bit more on regular fans.