For a limited time get a 1 year subscription of PS now for $100.

Wavergray

For a limited time people can get 1 year of PS now for $100. If you like the idea of PS now this is a deal you can't miss.

For comparison PS now is normally $20 a month and $45 for 3 months.

With a subscription to PS now you get access to 450+ PS3 games that you can stream to your PS4, PS3, PS vita, and PC.

If you have a stable internet connection PS now works really well, I have a 30down/10up and every game I've played has had no lag.

Edited by soultaker655

I've never tried PS Now, but I can't imagine it would work very well on my connection. I hate input lag of any kind, and playing it through PS Now would never be as accurate as playing it on the hardware itself. Also, I still have my PS3, so it would be much cheaper to buy the game outright instead of renting them. $100 could get you quite a few PS3 games these days. It still doesn't seem worth it to me.

• Like 1

PS Now is awesome! Some time ago, I used the free 7 day trial to get 3 platinums.. was really surprised how easy and stable it was. The trophies sync up fine and works great. You can even backup your saves like other games.. gonna haveta look over the available games now, it just might be worth the $100 this year.

12 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I've never tried PS Now, but I can't imagine it would work very well on my connection. I hate input lag of any kind, and playing it through PS Now would never be as accurate as playing it on the hardware itself. Also, I still have my PS3, so it would be much cheaper to buy the game outright instead of renting them. $100 could get you quite a few PS3 games these days. It still doesn't seem worth it to me.

PS now is a lot like remote play, as long as your connection is stable there is really no input lag. For instance the game I used to test PS now was "The witch and the hundred knight" a game I already own on the PS3. There was no noticeable input lag between the PS3 version and the PS now version.

As for the price it really comes down to how many of the PS now games you want to play. For me there are around 40 PS now games I want to play and with the 1 year sub I have the freedom to play all of those games on my PS4, PS3, PSvita, or PC at any time I want.

When I compare that to buying around 5-7 ($15-$20 a piece) of those games that I can only play on my PS3, I think the $100 PS now deal is really good. 

2 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

PS now is a lot like remote play, as long as your connection is stable there is really no input lag. For instance the game I used to test PS now was "The witch and the hundred knight" a game I already own on the PS3. There was no noticeable input lag between the PS3 version and the PS now version.

As for the price it really comes down to how many of the PS now games you want to play. For me there are around 40 PS now games I want to play and with the 1 year sub I have the freedom to play all of those games on my PS4, PS3, PSvita, or PC at any time I want.

When I compare that to buying around 5-7 ($15-$20 a piece) of those games that I can only play on my PS3, I think the $100 PS now deal is really good. 

Saying there is no input lag is a bit of an understatement. Sure, it varies from person to person, but there will always be some degree of it no matter what since you're streaming it to your console instead of playing it natively. I guess it's more noticeable depending on what game you're playing. You're bound to notice it when playing something that requires fast reaction times, but I suppose The Witch and the Hundred Knight is a game that doesn't need that.

Having access to that many games is definitely a benefit, but I'm not usually the type of gamer to drift from game to game. When I start a game, I intend on finishing it. With that in mind, I'd probably get a lot less use out of it than somebody else would. The whole subscription thing would also make me feel obligated to play PS Now games over anything else. It's similar to an MMO subscription. If you're not playing it all the time, it's kind of a waste of money.

But yes, I can see why some people may consider it good value. It's just not very appealing to someone like me.

17 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

The whole subscription thing would also make me feel obligated to play PS Now games over anything else. It's similar to an MMO subscription. If you're not playing it all the time, it's kind of a waste of money.

This is actually the only reason I'm not getting it. At the very least, I want to get through my backlog of games I bought (not to mention the ones from the IGC) before getting another PS Now subscription.

41 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Now here's the question, if I get a PS Now sub on my US account, could I play the stuff on my normal AU account or?

Nope, that will not work. The US PS Now servers would notice you are in Australia and say you are too far away from the servers to play.

22 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

Nope, that will not work. The US PS Now servers would notice you are in Australia and say you are too far away from the servers to play.

Unless you use a VPN.

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Now here's the question, if I get a PS Now sub on my US account, could I play the stuff on my normal AU account or?

I'm tempted to try, but don't want to piss money up against the wall if it doesn't.

3 hours ago, Urushiro said:

This is actually the only reason I'm not getting it. At the very least, I want to get through my backlog of games I bought (not to mention the ones from the IGC) before getting another PS Now subscription.

Yeah, my backlog of games is already enormous. I can't add the entire PS Now library onto that too. I wouldn't be able to handle it. :P

10 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I did some digging around and the answer is a definite maybe...

If you start PS Now using the US account, i.e the subscriber, you can apparently swap users on the PS4 to play PS Now games on alt accounts. Refer to http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Now/Sharing-PS-Now-Account-Between-Users-on-Same-System/td-p/45561813

However, if you want to use PS Now on PC, Vita, PS TV or a supported smart TV, only the subscriber can access the content.