Help with some trophies

Rodrister

8 hours ago, Rodrister said:

Ok, I only have three trophies left but no idea how to get them.

Blind goes up!

Phone home

Wibble wobble

Any help please?

Those are all missable trophies and you have to start another playthrough.The guide is below as dernop has quoted. I suck at speedrun trophies so can you tell me how difficult it is?

8 hours ago, dernop said:

someone over at ps3t.org started a trophy guide. i didn't really look at it but i guess it should help you with those trophies: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-little-acre/301185-little-acre-roadmap-trophy-guide.html

good luck! :)

1 hour ago, DF007gamer said:

Those are all missable trophies and you have to start another playthrough.The guide is below as dernop has quoted. I suck at speedrun trophies so can you tell me how difficult it is?

If you know the solutions to all the puzzles it shouldn't be a problem at all.  One hour is more than enough. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, plpalo said:

I started the trophy guide. I also think I finished it ;) Just follow the clips / descriptions and the plat should be yours.

Thanks a lot, I'm on it.

About the speedrun, what I did was completing the game and starting over immediately so I could remember everything. It's not as difficult as it sounds.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, plpalo said:

If you know the solutions to all the puzzles it shouldn't be a problem at all.  One hour is more than enough. 

11 hours ago, Rodrister said:

Thanks a lot, I'm on it.

About the speedrun, what I did was completing the game and starting over immediately so I could remember everything. It's not as difficult as it sounds.

Good to hear this. I always hate it when some slow-paced games like adventures have speedrun trophies but if the time frame is generous than it shouldn't be a problem

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Good to hear this. I always hate it when some slow-paced games like adventures have speedrun trophies but if the time frame is generous than it shouldn't be a problem

Yeah, I think it took me around 50 minutes to complete the game and I was also unlocking some of the trophies so you can do it faster if you just do the speedrun.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, plpalo said:

Yeah, I think it took me around 50 minutes to complete the game and I was also unlocking some of the trophies so you can do it faster if you just do the speedrun.

thanks for the guide! i used it yesterday as a reminder for the missable trophies.
i still missed the "attack the monster in 5 seconds" one, because it autosaved right after the loading screen after that, so it overwrote my backup save i created just for this ;)

i should've made some notes for the speedrun, totally forgot about that. i did make some notes of the trophies and the order you'll likely unlock them if someone's interested:

Spoiler

Welcome to The Little Acre
Get dressed without waking Lily (STORY)

Phone home

Where did you get that pattern?

Use the following code on the crystal machine:  4,6,10,11,13 (counting from the top left)

All this power … from a crystal?

Got the generator working (STORY)

Avoided the consequences

Let Dougal take the blame (STORY)

When in doubt, dance it out

Solved the dance puzzle on your 1st try

(Note: I think this is random, so just watch the dance routine closely. The moves are quite easy to spot.)

Silly doggy

Distracted Dougal once only

(Make a save before this and "use" the dog with the door only once.

I did this all by myself

Make breakfast  (STORY)

Welcome to Clonfira

Travelled to Clonfira as Aidan (STORY)

But if you turn it this way …

Only placed the orb once

(Make a save and quickly use the orb in both machines. This is pretty time sensitive, had to retry twice)

Never suspected a thing

Took out the informant (STORY)

Blind goes up!

Ok, we get it

(Open and close the window blinds as Lily until this pops.)

Godspeed Sir Fuzzle Puff

Travelled to Clonfira as Lily (STORY)

Didn't panic

Attacked the swamp monster in less than 5 seconds

(Save before and be ready to quit to XMB if you don't get it on your first try. The game will autosave after the "Loading..." screen, thus overwriting your backup save!)

Wibble wobble

Apparently you’re ready for this jelly

(Just interact with the purple jelly thing until this pops)

Merrrrrr?

Helped Merr fix a machine and return home (STORY)

I'm gonna call you Bugsy

Made a new friend (STORY)

Involving a certain microwave casserole

Ruined lunch (STORY)

No way to treat an ancient manuscript

Tried to lose the cavity magnetron

(Try to throw the magnetron from the microwave down the dam when traveling back)

Dam!

Overcome hurdles at the dam (STORY)

Arthur

Found Arthur (STORY)

Not too late

Saved Aidan (STORY)

Now, I am alone

Gave Merr what he wanted… sort of (STORY)

Let go of my hand

Didn't ask for any solutions

Probably used a walkthrough

Didn't ask for any hints

There and back again

Complete The Little Acre

All that's left after the above would be the speedrun and asking for a solution on the way. I guess you can do the optional stuff while doing the speedrun by saving, getting the optional trophy and then loading again to "reset" the timer?!
At least some people got the platinum in under 60m, so i guess this is how you would do that.

have fun and good luck, all! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dernop said:

thanks for the guide! i used it yesterday as a reminder for the missable trophies.
i still missed the "attack the monster in 5 seconds" one, because it autosaved right after the loading screen after that, so it overwrote my backup save i created just for this ;)

i should've made some notes for the speedrun, totally forgot about that. i did make some notes of the trophies and the order you'll likely unlock them if someone's interested:

Reveal hidden contents

Welcome to The Little Acre
Get dressed without waking Lily (STORY)

Phone home

Where did you get that pattern?

Use the following code on the crystal machine:  4,6,10,11,13 (counting from the top left)

All this power … from a crystal?

Got the generator working (STORY)

Avoided the consequences

Let Dougal take the blame (STORY)

When in doubt, dance it out

Solved the dance puzzle on your 1st try

(Note: I think this is random, so just watch the dance routine closely. The moves are quite easy to spot.)

Silly doggy

Distracted Dougal once only

(Make a save before this and "use" the dog with the door only once.

I did this all by myself

Make breakfast  (STORY)

Welcome to Clonfira

Travelled to Clonfira as Aidan (STORY)

But if you turn it this way …

Only placed the orb once

(Make a save and quickly use the orb in both machines. This is pretty time sensitive, had to retry twice)

Never suspected a thing

Took out the informant (STORY)

Blind goes up!

Ok, we get it

(Open and close the window blinds as Lily until this pops.)

Godspeed Sir Fuzzle Puff

Travelled to Clonfira as Lily (STORY)

Didn't panic

Attacked the swamp monster in less than 5 seconds

(Save before and be ready to quit to XMB if you don't get it on your first try. The game will autosave after the "Loading..." screen, thus overwriting your backup save!)

Wibble wobble

Apparently you’re ready for this jelly

(Just interact with the purple jelly thing until this pops)

Merrrrrr?

Helped Merr fix a machine and return home (STORY)

I'm gonna call you Bugsy

Made a new friend (STORY)

Involving a certain microwave casserole

Ruined lunch (STORY)

No way to treat an ancient manuscript

Tried to lose the cavity magnetron

(Try to throw the magnetron from the microwave down the dam when traveling back)

Dam!

Overcome hurdles at the dam (STORY)

Arthur

Found Arthur (STORY)

Not too late

Saved Aidan (STORY)

Now, I am alone

Gave Merr what he wanted… sort of (STORY)

Let go of my hand

Didn't ask for any solutions

Probably used a walkthrough

Didn't ask for any hints

There and back again

Complete The Little Acre

All that's left after the above would be the speedrun and asking for a solution on the way. I guess you can do the optional stuff while doing the speedrun by saving, getting the optional trophy and then loading again to "reset" the timer?!
At least some people got the platinum in under 60m, so i guess this is how you would do that.

have fun and good luck, all! :)

You have a good point about making manual saves. I only say to reload a save in my guide but never specify to make one :)

Also, I got the same dance routine three times so I thought it wasn't random. Do you remember what it was and would it be possible for you to crosscheck with my video clip?

Edited by plpalo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, plpalo said:

Also, I got the same dance routine three times so I thought it wasn't random. Do you remember what it was and would it be possible for you to crosscheck with my video clip?

unfortunately not exactly, no. but i'm almost 100% sure that the "sitting monkey" was the second move. so something like: Y shape, sitting monkey, teapot, upside down.
perhaps the order of the dance is determined on starting a new game and you did it from a save three times? or did you get the same routine in three different playthroughs?

i'm thinking about recording the speedrun so i could make some kind of small text walkthrough based on that. basically only the minimum required steps to advance the game (click on x, use y... something like that)

are you planning on publishing your guide here on PSNP too? i heard we have a pretty awesome guide system/editor here ... ;) 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dernop said:

unfortunately not exactly, no. but i'm almost 100% sure that the "sitting monkey" was the second move. so something like: Y shape, sitting monkey, teapot, upside down.
perhaps the order of the dance is determined on starting a new game and you did it from a save three times? or did you get the same routine in three different playthroughs?

i'm thinking about recording the speedrun so i could make some kind of small text walkthrough based on that. basically only the minimum required steps to advance the game (click on x, use y... something like that)

are you planning on publishing your guide here on PSNP too? i heard we have a pretty awesome guide system/editor here ... ;) 

I got the same routine during two separate playthroughs. Maybe I was just lucky.

I didn't consider publishing it here but I see no problem doing this. I'm not sure if playstationtrophies has a policy against copying guides. If not, I might as well do it. I wanted to record a speedrun for my original website but I don't have access to my PS4 at the moment so if you do it it would be nice if you included it in the guide here on PSNP.

I started a guide on PSNP and added you as a contributor. Let me know if you want to do the speedrun trophy or if I should just submit it for review :)

Edited by plpalo
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, plpalo said:

I started a guide on PSNP and added you as a contributor. Let me know if you want to do the speedrun trophy or if I should just submit it for review :)

awesome, thanks! :)

i would definitely like to record the run, but i can't make any promises right now. mostly because of time constraints plus my internet sucks...

as far as i know it is more common to make a separate guide which covers only the speedrun walkthrough and link to that in the trophy guide anyways!
just search for "walkthrough" in the PSNP guides, there are quite some awesome platinum walkthroughs, which take you step by step through adventure/point'n'click style games like this. (personally i vastly prefer those walkthroughs over pure trophy guides for games like this)
but i think you can just submit it for review anyways and add more information, a speedrun video, or a link to a walkthrough later!

my plan right now is to do a second, _slow_ playthrough tonight while writing down the minimum steps necessary and use that for my third, speedrun playthrough. if i'm able to get the speedrun with that successfully, i would refine those notes a bit and publish them here as a walkthrough guide.
(if someone is already doing something like this and reads this right now, please let me know!) ;)

later

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dernop said:

awesome, thanks! :)

i would definitely like to record the run, but i can't make any promises right now. mostly because of time constraints plus my internet sucks...

as far as i know it is more common to make a separate guide which covers only the speedrun walkthrough and link to that in the trophy guide anyways!
just search for "walkthrough" in the PSNP guides, there are quite some awesome platinum walkthroughs, which take you step by step through adventure/point'n'click style games like this. (personally i vastly prefer those walkthroughs over pure trophy guides for games like this)
but i think you can just submit it for review anyways and add more information, a speedrun video, or a link to a walkthrough later!

my plan right now is to do a second, _slow_ playthrough tonight while writing down the minimum steps necessary and use that for my third, speedrun playthrough. if i'm able to get the speedrun with that successfully, i would refine those notes a bit and publish them here as a walkthrough guide.
(if someone is already doing something like this and reads this right now, please let me know!) ;)

later

Understood. You're right. A walkthrough would be a different guide which we could link to the main trophy guide. I submitted it for review and we'll see what happens. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, plpalo said:

Understood. You're right. A walkthrough would be a different guide which we could link to the main trophy guide. I submitted it for review and we'll see what happens. :)

i just got the speedrun trophy and platinum by following the speedrun walkthrough i wrote and already submitted for review since it's obviously working and complete! ;)

the run took me just over 50 minutes with some minor mistakes and i also recorded the run... it's currently uploading to youtube.

once the video is uploaded, i will add it to my speedrun and to your trophy guide if that's ok with you?

that was a nice little game and definitely fun to do a walkthrough for! :)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dernop said:

i just got the speedrun trophy and platinum by following the speedrun walkthrough i wrote and already submitted for review since it's obviously working and complete! ;)

the run took me just over 50 minutes with some minor mistakes and i also recorded the run... it's currently uploading to youtube.

once the video is uploaded, i will add it to my speedrun and to your trophy guide if that's ok with you?

that was a nice little game and definitely fun to do a walkthrough for! :)

Not a problem.  Good job! 

9 hours ago, plpalo said:

Not a problem.  Good job! 

ok, scratch what i said earlier. our guides were already reviewed and obviously having a separate speedrun walkthrough is _not_ the way to go :P

so i'm gonna insert the speedrun walkthrough into the speedrun trophy of your trophy guide later, when i find some time.

by the way: the video is already uploaded. it was rather small in size, most likely due to the art style of the game which can be compressed quite well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rNzEPbLepw

later!