Is it possible to have your rank reset or get banned for XP boosting?

SirShavesALot

18 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

The better question is why wouldn't it?

Cause it seems like a hell of a lot of effort from the developers perspective for very little payoff. I can't imagine the perspective of players changing by implementing a rank reversion for people who have been accused of boosting XP. How do they address false positives? Do they inform players ahead of time that boosting XP is somehow forbidden but not showering or eating and grinding it out is the desired route?

• Like 1

Just a heads up for anyone looking to boost:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-battlefront/star-wars-battlefront-violations-and-bans/

I'm gonna play it safe on this one.  Slow and steady wins the race.  :P

Also, not much that I'm looking forward to for the next few months so I'll have plenty of time to take care of this without boosting.  Just hoping for another 2x or 4x XP weekend.

Edited by SirShavesALot
  • Like 1

On 12/15/2016 at 11:02 AM, SirShavesALot said:

Just a heads up for anyone looking to boost:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-battlefront/star-wars-battlefront-violations-and-bans/

I'm gonna play it safe on this one.  Slow and steady wins the race.  :P

Also, not much that I'm looking forward to for the next few months so I'll have plenty of time to take care of this without boosting.  Just hoping for another 2x or 4x XP weekend.

"stat padding" isn't the same as boosting trophies.  These are people who set up their games for insane amount of kills to pad their stats.

That makes sense.  This isn't really a game I worry about my stats too much in to be honest.

I also took my chances over the weekend to rank up to 100 and it didn't take too long (started at rank 72).  Don't get me wrong, boring as hell following the stupid droid around and holding square down, but a lot faster and a lot less frustration.  Star Wars Battlefront is now back to 100%.  :)

• Like 1

On 19.12.2016 at 2:50 PM, SirShavesALot said:

That makes sense.  This isn't really a game I worry about my stats too much in to be honest.

I also took my chances over the weekend to rank up to 100 and it didn't take too long (started at rank 72).  Don't get me wrong, boring as hell following the stupid droid around and holding square down, but a lot faster and a lot less frustration.  Star Wars Battlefront is now back to 100%.  :)

How does this method actually work? I know it's just activating droids, but isn't the mode a 12 player mode? And with only three droids available, wouldn't you then need 12 players to lock a server and then only six "boosting spots"? 

7 hours ago, Bezenko said:

How does this method actually work? I know it's just activating droids, but isn't the mode a 12 player mode? And with only three droids available, wouldn't you then need 12 players to lock a server and then only six "boosting spots"? 

You need a minimum of 4 players to start. You split into teams of 2 and head to a droid. From there you just take turns activating the droid. To avoid randoms you change the servers to Australia or south America as its quite dead.

Edited by m4ns4hil