Game of the Year Awards 2016

Abbey97

I agree with Ubisoft winning best publisher. While most of publishers were pretty good this year, Ubisoft really stepped up this year.

They took a small break from the "new assassin creed every year" train, which is kind of surprising since the assassin creed movie can out this year.

They are still supporting both The Division and Rainbow Six: Siege after their rocky starts.

Of all the big publishers we have in the video game industry I feel Ubisoft was on their best behavior this year.

On a side note how many big publishers do we have left in the video game industry?

Off the top of my head I know of 8:

1. Ubisoft
  2. EA
  3. Square Enix
  4. Nintendo
  5. Sony
  6. Microsoft
  7. Activision Blizzard
  8. Bandai Namco

7 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

I played in the original Battleborn beta. There was little to like.

Blizzard won with overwatch because it waa already polished and ready on release.

I don't disagree with overwatch winning that category, in any list. 

I didn't get a chance to play the beta, but I've had the game since launch and I do admit the game isn't as polished as Overwatch, but I completely disagree with there being little to like. I've put a similar amount of time into both games and while I've become completely bored of Overwatch, I still find myself enjoying Battleborn thoroughly. There's also the issue of micro-transactions with Overwatch.

The game that deserves to win best multiplayer game of the year is hands down Rainbow Six Siege. It is by far the best multiplayer experience I've had in a very long time. 

4 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

I agree with Ubisoft winning best publisher. While most of publishers were pretty good this year, Ubisoft really stepped up this year.

They took a small break from the "new assassin creed every year" train, which is kind of surprising since the assassin creed movie can out this year.

They are still supporting both The Division and Rainbow Six: Siege after their rocky starts.

Of all the big publishers we have in the video game industry I feel Ubisoft was on their best behavior this year.

On a side note how many big publishers do we have left in the video game industry?

Off the top of my head I know of 8:

1. Ubisoft
  2. EA
  3. Square Enix
  4. Nintendo
  5. Sony
  6. Microsoft
  7. Activision Blizzard
  8. Bandai Namco

I think Deep Silver would be classed as a big publisher so that could be included in your list?