Why do I struggle to get the "Sniper Duel" Trophy?

MattStation2

7 minutes ago, Starflakes said:

Yes, yes. I have not played Minecraft, but I know there is a trophy guide on the website. https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2340-minecraft/22-sniper-duel Maybe this will help.

Believe me, I've tried every guide/method out there. Since you don't play Minecraft, you're probably not aware that skeletons despawn quickly with the method you linked to me.

Been a while but from what I remember the hardest thing was getting him trapped.  I used the tutorial world, found space with around 55 meters in a straight line from where I built a trap (a very small building) including a roof over it.  Then it was all about getting him into it with a window I could shoot into and making sure he could not get out.  I saved once I had the trap built so if it got messed up I could just reload again.

It took a few tries to lure him but once I got him in I then saved with him in the trap on another save file.  Then I just loaded it up and shot him, easy.  I even used the same save and transferred it from my PSVita over to the PS3 (and then PS4) via the cloud save within Minecraft.

20 minutes ago, KnightLe69 said:

Bro, just make a mob trap. Then shot some of skeleton. It's not that hard.

Send me a friend request, I'll let you play on my map where I have a mob trap to do it. 

Alright, thanks buddy

7 minutes ago, markcavan said:

Been a while but from what I remember the hardest thing was getting him trapped.  I used the tutorial world, found space with around 55 meters in a straight line from where I built a trap (a very small building) including a roof over it.  Then it was all about getting him into it with a window I could shoot into and making sure he could not get out.  I saved once I had the trap built so if it got messed up I could just reload again.

It took a few tries to lure him but once I got him in I then saved with him in the trap on another save file.  Then I just loaded it up and shot him, easy.  I even used the same save and transferred it from my PSVita over to the PS3 (and then PS4) via the cloud save within Minecraft.

Literally every time I get one trapped it despawns before I can get the 2nd/3rd shot in