Let It Die Surpasses 1 Million Downloads, Weekend Event Freebies

BIOHAZARD-R-US

On 1/9/2017 at 1:00 AM, NintendoFreak29 said:

Stupid question, if 1,000,000 downloaded the game, then how come I only see 14,694 and beyond game owners on here?

On 1/9/2017 at 7:55 AM, Xionx said:

You have to update a profile on psnp atleast once to see the person on this site. psnp doesnt take all psn user automaticly , only if you put the name into the psnp homepage and click update.

On 1/9/2017 at 7:31 AM, XX_FTW said:

Two reasons come immediately to mind:

1. This site only tracks a small percentage of the overall PS community.

2. Players have to earn a trophy and sync their accounts in order for this site to log it.

Also, don't forget that this 1,000,000 number is tracking downloads only, not players. Someone could've downloaded it, but not played it yet, so they're counted in that downloads statistic, but not the Owners statistic

The moment you follow a game review and notice the reviewer didn't bother to learn the game :D Ranting he can't dodge after being caught by first hit - which is because it was a counter, which stunlocks for a guaranteed second hit, and a possible third, even R1 finisher if it comes fast enough. And it just so happens it works both ways mind you. Perhaps less spam the button and more getting a counter hit or perfect block yourself...

I've always thought Suda51 makes wonderful, quirky games. It's definitely a niche market but there's a fanbase to be had. Let it Die must be one of the most conservative concerning his style, but one of the more polished in gameplay. It's grindtastic as F2P tend to be, but I absolutely fell in love with the game. It should have a plat considering how long and challenging it is.

I can appreciate a game that doesn't hold your hand and is full of secrets you just have to go and  learn, that counter stunlock (indicated by sweatdrops on hit) being just one example. Seems I'm not on the same page with some of the posters, because this game is definitely not P2W. Paying just gets you to endgame faster, if you're prepared to spend a small fortune. I'm going beyond floors of my own level tiers to farm, the game is not hard if you understand the mechanics. I can also make more than enough gold to pay for body recovery and new equipment through raiding, that's what it's there for if you don't want to run the floors over and over again. 30? 40? hours in I've had zero need to use DM on anything else but inventory space, just stop and farm every once in awhile and don't play recklessly.

I wouldn't mind buying something to support the game but at least the 30-day pass is way too steep, full blown MMOs charge less than that for crying out loud. Will reconsider when it's half price. Those aren't micro-transactions anymore but a flat out ripoff, my only complaint on the game. It's modest in variety but that's not the point in a game that's supposed to be mastered while it steadily increases in difficulty. Wasn't in Catherine, isn't here.

Thx for sharing that review with us, I found it very entertaining to watch with its fast commentary and funny images. I don't really think its very good, though, at least to me it felt like the guy failed to go into any real depth or engage in a thorough analysis of actual mechanics/concepsts used in the game and how they possibly effect the players long- and short-term experience. As ars has already pointed out, this becomes blatantly apparent when the guy complains about the dodge mechanics. Makes me think about the state of journalism nowadays, but that's another matter...

7 hours ago, timey77 said:

Thx for sharing that review with us, I found it very entertaining to watch with its fast commentary and funny images.

Yahtzee from ZeroPunctuation is hilarious. Often makes very weird and random mashups with his comparisons (ie: This is worse than whatever a schizophrenic with vibrators for fingers could make), and his imagery is perfectly matched

• 1 month later...

over 2 million downloads and only 25k owners? what is going on?

And please someone answer with intelligent information.

I have synchronized this game multiple times an still doesn't show up on my profile.

Also don´t come here telling me 1.975.000 haven´t synchronized their profile, that the site doesn't track 1.975.000 people or even my favorite of all excuses:

1.975.000 people downloaded it but didn't play it.  

Edited by EstebanFox

16 hours ago, EstebanFox said:

over 2 million downloads and only 25k owners? what is going on?

And please someone answer with intelligent information.

I have synchronized this game multiple times an still doesn't show up on my profile.

Also don´t come here telling me 1.975.000 haven´t synchronized their profile, that the site doesn't track 1.975.000 people or even my favorite of all excuses:

1.975.000 people downloaded it but didn't play it.  

Do you have any trophies in the game yet? I know sometimes if I have a game with no trophies, even if I sync the trophy list on Playstation profile and my PSNprofile, there are many games that still do not show up for me. It is possible that many players have downloaded and tried Let It Die out, but never got a single trophy (since you have a little ways to go b4 your 1st trophy of any kind in the game). So it is possible that over 2 million people downloaded Let It Die, but tons of players did not stick with the game.

All I have left to do in Let It Die before I am done the game (till the update in April comes out anyways where they add the 4 Horsemen Bosses) is farm 24 Ultra-Pure Iron to finish upgrading my Pork Choppers to Zombie Choppers+4, finish collecting all 40 Stamps, and farm the Jackals for each of their weapon Blueprints. I have 364 hours put into Let It Die currently (am only missing 2 trophies. Hoarders Curse for collecting the Stamps since I have the rest of the collectibles and killing the Jackals, because I am saving the Jackals for last). But have done a lot of extra crap in the game that is not Trophy related just for the hell of it :3

I myself have downloaded the game, but never actually started it. Others may have started the game, but never earned a trophy and deleted the trophy list from their profile. PSNP only tracks 3mil users, and the number of PS4 units sold was last reported to be around 54.7mil. Black Ops on this site just passed 1mil owners, but they made that amount in preorders before the game even came out, so its probably sold a lot closer to 5mil copies by now, just to throw out a reasonable number. Combine all three of those factors alone, not to mention a few other possible factors, and yeah, the owner list is gonna be pretty small compared to the actual number

• Like 1