The Drop Mechanic

I'm sorry, but I've now come to hate this mechanic, to the point in that I can even finish off a secret portal fight.  God forbid I even attempt to fight Julius, least I run out of time in the middle of the damn fight.

I mean I tried to fight Hockamonkey as Riku, fine, battle wasn't difficult, but hey, gotta keep that drop mechanic going.  And what's more, i swear I had plenty of time, but nope, battle just drags out and before I know it, almost out of time.

So what I would like to know is, what will be useful in the secret portal fights, just so I don't run out of time? I mean I couldn't even beat Pete and the Beagle Boys in time because of the mechanic.  I mean, I was holding my own rather well, but of course, apparently, not long enough >.>

8 minutes ago, Divewinds said:

I'd say the main advice would be to change your commands: Balloonra/Balloonga commands are very good at quick resolutions to battles, alternatively you may simply want to put some Drop-me-nots to be used in your command deck (they restore some of your drop gauge).

Hmm, may have to try those... I mean I think I have the Balloon related commands, not sure.  But I do have some drop me nots at least.  How much of the gauge do they take off?

Just now, Divewinds said:

I've only played on beginner mode, so don't know about other difficulties, but about a gauge and a half. Two drop-me-nots restore you to the full 3 gauges

Ah, cause I've never really needed to use them as such.  But seems like I may need to within these secret portals.  Especially the one against Pete... cause that one seems to take forever.

The drop mechanic really clashes with the BBS style for the items. It would work a lot better if you could go through the menu like the other games and pick an item anytime. I would just switch to a different deck that only had drop me nots in it, and use it, then switch back to my other deck.

You shouldn't have to waste a slot just so you don't run out of time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I'm sorry, but I've now come to hate this mechanic, to the point in that I can even finish off a secret portal fight.  God forbid I even attempt to fight Julius, least I run out of time in the middle of the damn fight.

I mean I tried to fight Hockamonkey as Riku, fine, battle wasn't difficult, but hey, gotta keep that drop mechanic going.  And what's more, i swear I had plenty of time, but nope, battle just drags out and before I know it, almost out of time.

So what I would like to know is, what will be useful in the secret portal fights, just so I don't run out of time? I mean I couldn't even beat Pete and the Beagle Boys in time because of the mechanic.  I mean, I was holding my own rather well, but of course, apparently, not long enough >.>

You have enough time before you drop to complete an entire world, and that's without any drop-me-nots, if you think you don't have enough time to beat a boss then simply drop manually before you tackle them, if you can't defeat any of them with a full drop gauge you're playing the game wrong.