By George! or playing lottery

dwproject

This is by far the most annoying trophy in the game; its completely luck based. The developers said, that high numbers do show up more often, the longer you play. This is completely wrong. I made 3 categories (1 above 50 days remaining, 1 between 25-49 days remaining and 1 less than 25 days left). For each category i started 200 heists and there is no statistical significance that one category increases the chance of getting high numbers.

The highest number i've seen so far is 1139, so i assume that 1140 is the highest you can get. Here is a formula which shows you the chance of getting this trophy (number 1138) by starting x amounts of heists. 

1 - ( 1 - 1/1140)^X (X is the amount of tries).

After 100 tries your chance is 8,4 %

After 500 tries your chance is 35,5 %

After 1000 tries your chance is 58,4 %

After 2000 tries your chance is 82,7 %

After 3000 tries your chance is 92, 8 %

After 5000 tries your chance is 98,7 %

And after 10000 tries your chance is 99,9 %

So basically prepare yourself to restart around 1000-2000 heists to have a god chance on finally getting number 1138 to show up. The worst is, this game drains the vitas battery faster than the speed of light. 

Of course this is all just statistics and math, you can get lucky or be the one who needs to restart 10000 times. Good luck!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got lucky! Oh wait, no, I've been doing this for 5 hours and got both 1137 and 1139, just not 1138, fuck this game and it's stupid ass random trophy

Should have stayed away from this when I tried it out and it played like shit, oh sorry, fps dropping shit

Really cool concept, but just awful game

12 hours ago, HardXDXtraga said:

I got lucky! Oh wait, no, I've been doing this for 5 hours and got both 1137 and 1139, just not 1138, fuck this game and it's stupid ass random trophy

Should have stayed away from this when I tried it out and it played like shit, oh sorry, fps dropping shit

Really cool concept, but just awful game

Same here man, i got 1137 and 1139 multiple times and even better: 777 three times within 100 heists. I'm now at over 2000! restarts and still nothing. Trophies like this are the reason for me personal, why i hate the person who came up with this idea. Why no upgrade to increase the chances of getting high numbers, wouldn't be so bad if you couldn't revisit the same number twice (would take up to 1140 maximum). Maybe some time i will get lucky.

• 11 months later...

(sorry to revive an old thread but it seemed a better idea than making a new one just for this)

So, after reading that the developers said about higher numbers showing up the longer you play, I did a bit of testing/thinking.

dwproject is correct that the number doesn't change with the number of days played, at least not to any statistical significance that I noticed.

However, what I did notice after logging ~800 tries (for science even though I got the trophy early on) was that the likelihood of getting an address over 1,000 was significantly higher (I got it ~200 times in those attempts) the further you are into the game.  I restored my save from just before attempting The Swindle (with the clearance still unlocked), jumped into The Banks and kept exiting and entering, and I got the "By George" trophy after the second save restore, which was around 50 attempts in (well, plus all those attempts at doing everything else and having to restore my save after dying etc).

I then decided to log a number of additional tries just to see if I was really lucky, or if there was any significance to doing it that way (trying a level after unlocking max security clearance), and in my ~800 attempts (I did 20 attempts, each with just over 40 days left), I got #1139 6 times total, and (like I said previously) numbers over 1,000 ~25% of the time.

Now, obviously, 800 attempts isn't statistically significant enough to prove this beyond any reasonable doubt, but it's still worth considering for anyone attempting to grind out this trophy (when you combine my data with what the developers have said about longer play meaning higher chances of higher numbers).  And obviously, even if I'm correct in the above, there's still an RNG factor involved so it still won't be fun, but hopefully it can reduce how mind-numbing it is.

Anyway just thought I'd share.  Happy Swindling!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I just played for the first time and this trophy literally unlocked in my first game, I didn't understand anything and decided to see the guide to get a sense of how difficult it would be to get 100%. I must have emptied all the luck of my life at once, it would be great if I had won the lottery instead lol.

15 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

I just played for the first time and this trophy literally unlocked in my first game, I didn't understand anything and decided to see the guide to get a sense of how difficult it would be to get 100%. I must have emptied all the luck of my life at once, it would be great if I had won the lottery instead lol.

haha this is good man = ) I actuallyy got it pretty late but it only took me like an hour of rerolling I'm glad it worked that fast. 

enjoy this game it's absolutely amazing really sad it does not have a platinum but it's a cool 100%

8 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

haha this is good man = ) I actuallyy got it pretty late but it only took me like an hour of rerolling I'm glad it worked that fast. 

enjoy this game it's absolutely amazing really sad it does not have a platinum but it's a cool 100%

i'm enjoying the game, first i will play it normally and then for the hardest trophy i will try the cloud scheme haha, i think it is a warning from the universe that i NEED to complete 100% lol

• 2 years later...

Hi, if u restart the level do u get same level layout but with different address numbers? because in this case it will be possible to make a keyboard macro via remote play on pc and automatize the task. but i immagine levels changes at every restart otherwise someone will already think of this trick...