Deleting Patch on Digital

Crazy

So I have the digital version of LBP3 on PS4, and only need the "A Guy Called Quest" trophy for the platinum, the way I wanted to obtain this is through the Quest glitch which can be done Patch 1.05 and down. I deleted the game so that I can re-install it without the patch but upon downloading the sufficient data to be able to start the application, the game was on Patch 1.24 when I had never downloaded or seen an update file. So my question is how do I go about deleting the patch, or is the most recent patch already packaged into the digital version?

16 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

You don't, ps4 doesn't allow digital patch deletion because they do not exist anymore once added. The whole bulk of the game, base+patches are downloaded together. It has been like this for a while now

Didn't know that was a thing, I've done it before in the past and was wondering why it wasn't working anymore. Thanks for the quick response :) 

To my understandment, that measure is put in place so there is only one version of any given game client on Sony's servers: the most recent. That way, you avoid possible client mismatch errors in MP games and keep the database up to date with the version with the latest possible bug fixes and performance improvements.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2017 at 11:14 AM, HARD_ANGEL_FAN said:

Not possible, not in the world, not anymore. not on PS4

What does that even mean?

There are physical copies that still exist, you can play it on v1.00 if you have the disc.

Edited by ipot_04

18 minutes ago, ipot_04 said:

What does that even mean?

There are physical copies that still exist, you can play it on v1.00 if you have the disc.

It means that on digital (which is the topic thread title and explained in the OP) on PS4, it's not possible, not any more.

It was at some point. It's still possible on digital with Vita. Or as you pointed out, it's possible with Physical, but neither of those two things have anything to do with the thread title, nor the question asked by the OP.