is this game standalone?

1 minute ago, YaoiGod said:

The story is not connected to any other game iirc, usually if it does in Digimon games, it would just be character cameos.

well it had me curious cause i read somewhere its a direct sequel but it didnt specify further i know meri or however you spell her name is supposedly in all of them cause shes an interdimensional being kinda like genei in the cartoon but i didnt know if the plot or anything was connected to other games

• Like 1

Probably the very first digimon world game on PS1. Digimon World 2, 3 (2003) and 4 don´t have anything to do with Next Order so the only game I actually thought of as "I think I have seen this character before" was the first one. But chances are you will never finish that game with its mechanics. If you are from the Europe region you will have to deal with an extremely annoying bug as well. It´s not worth the trouble and Next Order is good enough to be played on its own. For Mirai and Rina which appear in quite a few games you might wanna give Re:Digitize and Digimon World Cyber Sleuth a go.

Those are the only games I could connect in any way to Next Order but non of them where really that important to the Story development.

Edited by RyuVienna

2 minutes ago, RyuVienna said:

Probably the very first digimon world game on PS1. Digimon World 2, 3 (2003) and 4 don´t have anything to do with Next Order so the only game I actually thought of as "I think I have seen this character before" was the first one. But chances are you will never finish that game with its mechanics. If you are from the Europe region you will have to deal with an extremely annoying bug as well. It´s not worth the trouble and Next Order is good enough to be played on its own. For Mirai and Rina which appear in quite a few games you might wanna give Re:Digitize and Digimon World Cyber Sleuth a go.

Those are the only games I could connect in any way to Next Order but non of them where really that important to the Story development.

im in america and this wil be my second digimon game aside from the old digivice games tht you walked around with and stuff ive already played and beaten cyber sleuth and thats what got me to buying this one plus i absolutly love the anime 

ok so really its not super important i play the others cool i kinda want re:digitize but my psp is in storage and i dunno where it is lol

• Like 1

Helps to play the very first one; you'll certainly enjoy this one more, especially in comparison. xD
Also provides a nice little feeling of nostalgia,

Spoiler

as a lot of characters eventually return to town to continue the roles they had started in the very first game.

Spoiler

Obviously, there are also some characters that appear in certain scenarios whom also had appearances in Cyber Sleuth.

6 hours ago, KitsuneChaos said:

Helps to play the very first one; you'll certainly enjoy this one more, especially in comparison. xD

Hide contents

as a lot of characters eventually return to town to continue the roles they had started in the very first game.

Hide contents

Obviously, there are also some characters that appear in certain scenarios whom also had appearances in Cyber Sleuth.

happen to have a way i can play the first since i dont have a working console system earlier than ps3 besides the old brick systems by sega and nintendo which i really think could survive an apocolypse and give old nokia phones a run for there durability

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

happen to have a way i can play the first since i dont have a working console system earlier than ps3 besides the old brick systems by sega and nintendo which i really think could survive an apocolypse and give old nokia phones a run for there durability

Considering that they refuse to release the game digitally? Not really.
Though if you can find a physical copy of the game, it'll work on your PS3.

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

ps3 isnt backwards compatable anymore only the first run of them was

You're talking about a PS1 game? If so, ALL PS3's are backwards compatible with PS1 games, including the slim and super slim. They only took out PS2 backwards compatibility in later iterations.

11 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

You're talking about a PS1 game? If so, ALL PS3's are backwards compatible with PS1 games, including the slim and super slim. They only took out PS2 backwards compatibility in later iterations.

really????? i didnt know that lol im gunna have to check this out then lol

On 2017-02-08 at 4:09 PM, KitsuneChaos said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Some of the coliseum battles reference other games, or even the anime. Based on the title, you can often get an idea of which Digimon are in the battle. The Cyber Sleuth one for example

was the three starter Digimon in CS.
Not a big thing, but it's a neat reference when you know them.

7 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Some of the coliseum battles reference other games, or even the anime. Based on the title, you can often get an idea of which Digimon are in the battle. The Cyber Sleuth one for example

Reveal hidden contents

was the three starter Digimon in CS.

Not a big thing, but it's a neat reference when you know them.

Oh, I love the Coliseum battles.
The second one is an homage to Studio Ghibli. xD