Quick question on getting Gold

Romanus1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 8/27/2019 at 10:46 AM, AjoBoB said:

aww this you mean, but i would like to know how to get more gold, to buy all the stuff for my pyramid. taking long, i am doing the ice crush level again and again.

The best way to get gold in the game is by doing Puzzle Mode.  You get roughly 1000 gold each time you finish a run of the 8 levels required for that puzzle type.  I've not finished the Collector trophy yet have gone through each of the puzzle types and all 8 levels for each type.

The fastest one in my opinion is Harvest.  I don't know why but it seems like you can just blast right through that one, or it has seemed the fastest to me.

While the trophy guide doesn't state this in detail, the main idea is to just get through the story mode whether you get a Win, Bronze, Silver, or Gold rating.  This way everything is unlocked and can be purchased.  You won't get the higher level story mode point levels done on your first run through because you simply don't have the totems or power ups leveled up enough in order to get enough points. 

After you have made a pass through the Story Mode, then you can hop into Puzzle mode and collect enough coins pretty fast actually to level up everything.  You can continue and will continue to do this in order to get to level 100 for that trophy and for the Aesthete trophy for buying all the Ziggurat upgrades which unfortunately do nothing gameplay wise.  After you have leveled up all of your power ups and totems you are able to beat every level in the game, its just some will be very, very, hard, or luck contingent.