Major Borderlands 3 easter egg found in Battleborn

ratchetdude231

"Visit Prometea, Children of the Vault, We Are Not on Pandora Anymore, Tannis Is Not What She Seems, Do Not Open the Vaults"

Source

This is big. For starters Prometea has been in the Borderlands lore for a while now.

Promethea is a planet whereupon the Atlas corporation found alien technology and subsequently reverse-engineered it in order to manufacture improved starships and weaponry with its benefits. The Crimson Lance also have a military presence on the planet, with which Roland served "two tours", as stated by General Knoxx.

Living conditions are presumably harsh, or at least worse than the already difficult life for Pandoran settlers, as an Atlas propaganda message at T-Bone Junction (when referring to the positive side of Pandora) states "...at least you're not on Promethea!". Citizens of Sanctuary occasionally comment to the same effect.[1]

Source

This all but confirms that we are going to Prometea in Borderlands 3. 

The second half of the quote is also rather interesting. I don't really know what it means to be honest. There is a possibility that Tannis is working with either the Atlus corporation or some unknown faction we have yet to be introduced in the Borderlands universe. 

What I am really interested is who is this quote from. Who is "We" and why are they telling the vault hunters to visit Prometea. My guess is that it's probably from the Guardians of the Vault we saw a lot of in Borderlands the Pre Sequel and Borderlands 1.

Edited by ratchetdude231
  • Like 1

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Yeah I saw this a couple days ago. 

If I had to guess this game is going to be fully unveiled at the end of the year and then it will be released sometime in late 2018. I believe they revealed Borderlands 2 at the very end of 2011 and then released it in September of 2012 so I'm expecting something similar to that.

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

I hope the vault hunters from Tales From The Borderlands also appear in Borderlands 3.

That would be really cool, especially since Tales from the Borderlands left off on a cliffhanger. The way Telltale is these days, a season 2 is unlikely, but there's always the possibility that their story could continue in a mainline game. I'd like to see that.

• Like 1

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

That would be really cool, especially since Tales from the Borderlands left off on a cliffhanger. The way Telltale is these days, a season 2 is unlikely, but there's always the possibility that their story could continue in a mainline game. I'd like to see that.

Yeah, I was also hoping for a season 2. The Pre-Sequel mentioned an upcoming war and how as many vault hunters were needed, so Athena could call upon her friends from Tales.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I hope the vault hunters from Tales From The Borderlands also appear in Borderlands 3.

The thing that is so weird is that I am trying to tie this quote into what we know happened at the end of Borderlands 2 and Pre Sequel  and while I think there is a connection it's very vague

Spoilers for those who haven't finished Borderlands 2 and the Pre Sequel

Spoiler

So at the end of Borderlands 2 right after defeating the Warrior it's basically hinted that there are several Vaults out on other planets. One of those vaults was the one that Handsome Jack opened up on the Moon. 

At the end of the Pre Sequel right before Liliath was going to execute Athena a guardian of the Vault showed up and basically said "War is coming" 

I imagine this quote in the OP is from the Guardians of the Vault, but why are they telling them to go to Prometea. Obviously they aren't telling the Vault hunters to go there to open another vault because they clearly warned them to not open the vaults. 

What about the war? There are so many threads that need to be tied and I can't quite connect all of them to this quote in the OP.

Edited by ratchetdude231

I can't say I ever cared much about the story in Borderlands, except maybe in Tales from the Borderlands. The games themselves are enjoyable to play, though, especially in co-op. I'm sure I'll pick up Borderlands 3 eventually. This just reminds me that I still need to go back and platinum The Pre-Sequel. It's been so long.

1 minute ago, ratchetdude231 said:

The thing that is so weird is that I am trying to tie this quote into what we know happened at the end of Borderlands 2 and Pre Sequel  and while I think there is a connection it's very vague

Spoilers for those who haven't finished Borderlands 2 and the Pre Sequel

Hide contents

So at the end of Borderlands 2 right after defeating the Warrior it's basically hinted that there are several Vaults out on other planets. One of those vaults was the one that Handsome Jack opened up on the Moon. 

At the end of the Pre Sequel right before Liliath was going to execute Athena A guardian of the Vault showed up and basically said "War is coming" 

I imagine this quote is from the Guardians of the Vault, but why are they telling them to go to Prometea. Obviously they aren't telling the Vault hunters to go there to open another vault because they clearly warned them to not open the vaults. 

What about Tannis it seems that she has been compromised, but by who. What about the war. 

Spoiler

It could be that a powerful monster sealed in one of the vaults will be released and destroy the universe or something like that, so vault hunters will need to prevent that. Athena is definitely going to be a replacement for Roland and then we have the team from BL2, so that's 8. There will probably be 4 new characters to choose from in BL3 and then there's the possibility of Rhys, Fiona, Sasha, Vaughn, Loader Bot, and Gortys appearing too. So that's a pretty badass vault hunter team. I'm hoping Handsome Jack makes an appearance too and causes some havoc.

2 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I can't say I ever cared much about the story in Borderlands, except maybe in Tales from the Borderlands. The games themselves are enjoyable to play, though, especially in co-op. I'm sure I'll pick up Borderlands 3 eventually. This just reminds me that I still need to go back and platinum The Pre-Sequel. It's been so long.

The first BL didn't have a story, it's basically: go loot the world and kill anything that moves. The story in BL2 is pretty good with Handsome Jack. Haven't played Pre-Sequel, but read about the plot. It does tie in with Tales from the Borderlands after 

Spoiler

Athena was captured by Brick and Mordecai. They bring her back and interrogate her, thus starting the events from Pre-Sequel.

17 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I love the Borderlands games. I put over 500 hours into Borderlands 2. 

I also put about 200 hours into the Pre Sequel. I love the gameplay.

Just talking about it makes me want to re-download Borderlands the Handsome collection now lol. 

Edited by ratchetdude231

18 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

The first BL didn't have a story, it's basically: go loot the world and kill anything that moves. The story in BL2 is pretty good with Handsome Jack. Haven't played Pre-Sequel, but read about the plot. It does tie in with Tales from the Borderlands after 

Reveal hidden contents

Athena was captured by Brick and Mordecai. They bring her back and interrogate her, thus starting the events from Pre-Sequel.

Yeah, the story in BL2 was pretty decent, although I was there mostly just there for dick jokes and what not. :P I can't say I was really a fan of the story in the Pre-Sequel. It's one of the weaker games in the series, but I can't say for sure if it's better or worse than BL1 as I've not played that one in ages.

8 minutes ago, ratchetdude231 said:

I love the Borderlands games. I put over 500 hours into Borderlands 2. 

I also put about 200 hours into the Pre Sequel. I love the gameplay.

Just talking about it makes me want to re-download Borderlands the Handsome collection now lol. 

Damn, I didn't know you were such a big fan. I can see why those games can get their hooks into people.

Did you not platinum both games in the Handsome Collection? Maybe you could try doing that before BL3 releases.

Edited by Undead Wolf

1 minute ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yeah, the story in BL2 was pretty decent, although I was there mostly just there for dick jokes and what not. :P I can't say I was really a fan of the story in the Pre-Sequel. It's one of the weaker games in the series, although I can't say for sure if it's better or worse than BL1 as I've not played that one in ages.

Damn, I didn't know you were such a big fan. I can see why those games can get their hooks into people.

Did you not platinum both games in the Handsome Collection? Maybe you could try doing that before BL3 releases.

Oh I'm going to do that. I actually took a little break from the games a while ago, but I think I'm going to jump back in when Sony releases the new firmware and I actually have the space to download them on my system.

There is something that is just so addicting about leveling up your characters, doing quests and constantly getting better loot and eventually farming for legendaries. I also love the badass rank system they have in BL2 and the Pre Sequel.

Edited by ratchetdude231

2 minutes ago, ratchetdude231 said:

Oh I'm going to do that. I actually took a little break from the games a while ago, but I think I'm going to jump back in when Sony releases the new firmware and I actually have the space to download them on my system.

Nice, well if there's anything you need help with, I wouldn't mind lending a hand. I recall there's a trophy in the Pre-Sequel that requires three other players.

• Like 1

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

Nice, well if there's anything you need help with, I wouldn't mind lending a hand. I recall there's a trophy in the Pre-Sequel that requires three other players.

If I need help with anything I will definitely let you know. Thanks for the offer.