AI is really messed up in this game.

angelgrievous

So playing stealth and leaving traps and hiding in grass is all good but how in the holy hell do they know where I am everytime?  Anybody else have this problem?  I highlight a machines path and plant traps on said path and then hide in some tall grass, as soon as the machine walks into my trap it comes straight for me.  Granted it doesn't see me at first but if I do the same thing again and hide in a different patch of grass it come right to me without fail.  And, other machines will be alerted and come right to me and then they see me.  Is this because I'm playing on hard?  and if so then it's dumb AI.  Ugh, 

/rant.

I guess the official explanation can be: They are robots.

But yeah I know what you mean. I gave up on being stealthy after a while when it came to the machines. The human enemies are much more easier to sneak up on for some reason. The stealth kill didn't really seem to matter that much either since they always caught me when I used it. Playing on Hard could also be it.

7 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

I guess the official explanation can be: They are robots.

But yeah I know what you mean. I gave up on being stealthy after a while when it came to the machines. The human enemies are much more easier to sneak up on for some reason. The stealth kill didn't really seem to matter that much either since they always caught me when I used it. Playing on Hard could also be it.

I gave it some thought after the fact (probably too much) and yeah, they are robots.  I guess it would make sense that they would be able to sense some sort of abnormality in their vicinity and pinpoint a general location.  Maybe a rapid heartbeat or excessive perspiration,a heat detection.  Then, when other machines are near, that ability is enhanced, giving them an even more focused location.  

6 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

I gave it some thought after the fact (probably too much) and yeah, they are robots.  I guess it would make sense that they would be able to sense some sort of abnormality in their vicinity and pinpoint a general location.  Maybe a rapid heartbeat or excessive perspiration,a heat detection.  Then, when other machines are near, that ability is enhanced, giving them an even more focused location.  

I figured it was something similar except when one detects you it sends a signal out to the rest. Of course that's all our speculation though :[ It could just be that Guerilla could have done better on the stealth bits.

15 hours ago, angelgrievous said:

So playing stealth and leaving traps and hiding in grass is all good but how in the holy hell do they know where I am everytime?  Anybody else have this problem?  I highlight a machines path and plant traps on said path and then hide in some tall grass, as soon as the machine walks into my trap it comes straight for me.  Granted it doesn't see me at first but if I do the same thing again and hide in a different patch of grass it come right to me without fail.  And, other machines will be alerted and come right to me and then they see me.  Is this because I'm playing on hard?  and if so then it's dumb AI.  Ugh, 

/rant.

It's your armor I officially beat the game on very hard I like to stealth it's really fun but its all about the ARMOR. The reason I say this is because I bought the first stealth armor and then shadow armor because stealth was helping me survive in very hard. When I first acquired the ancient armor it seems it was easier to spot me in the grass they probably did this on purpose but that is how the game supposed to be played I guess but buy shadow stealth put some stealth upgrades on it then test it with any other armor that is not stealth then tell me if I was wrong. In game that's how it worked for me :)

• Like 1

Well you could get more Stealth based armor that's a good start, secondly there are some machines that have what seems to be "hair" antenna like things on them, shoot them off and they can't radar you anymore.

It's actually pretty deep combat versus the robots in this game if you take a long time setting up each group of bots you are up against, However I found the humans to be absolutely lack lusting. Either you headshot one of them and then you can just sit put and stuck em up into a pile as they would go and investigate one at the time or you get their super overpowered gattling gun and just one shot kill them. Humans where way to easy in this and I still have not seen any purpose of using the flasks for explosions.