Fucking Online Pt. 2

ChristIllusion12

Yesterday I got to a point in the daily challenge where I was on my way to winning a gold cup. Today I was told I received a bronze cup and unless I counted wrong the number of gold cup is just those from the main game. Still, in the room for the daily challenge there is a gold cup above yesterday painting, what's up with that?

Going to buy Raymen Legends (and Origins) for the Vita with no intention of going for the Plats because of these types of trophies. Going to sit back and enjoy and a brillant game without trying to pull my hairs out :P

Edited by DF007gamer
  • Like 2

On 14-4-2017 at 1:04 AM, MeteorHawk said:

Is getting a Diamond Cup necessary for me to plat this game or is it just a personal goal for you?

On 14-4-2017 at 1:52 AM, RedRodriguez87 said:

Required for the plat.

Wait a tic... Just quoting you two but this goes for everyone here: why are people saying that you need a diamond cup for the platinum?

You need a bronze/silver/gold cup for trophies but other than that, it's only about beating friends and grinding until you get it. the only diamond cups you need are the ones in single player mode.

I don't get it, why would getting a diamond in the online stuff be a requirement for the platinum?

.... Ah, never mind. I checked the trophy list of @ChristIllusion12 and just now noticed the Vita has a different trophy list, it has a trophy for the diamong cup in a challenge where the PS4 version (which I played) has not. Damn. Good luck to you!

That being said, I think I obtained a diamond cup once or twice but I played the game back when it had been out for about half a year, I reckon that much more 'average' players were playing back then and now mostly the grinders have remained.

3 hours ago, DF007gamer said:

Going to buy Raymen Legends (and Origins) for the Vita with no intention of going for the Plats because of these types of trophies. Going to sit back and enjoy and a brillant game without trying to pull my hairs out :P

Yeah they are very enjoyable games, especially Legends in my eyes.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

On 23/04/2017 at 7:57 PM, ChristIllusion12 said:

@Arkiokin To be honest, even if I did have the time, I'm not sure if I could achieve the diamond anyway as my record to date is 2300m, I'm not sure if I'm confident enough to make it to the 'next' level yet being the 2300-3000m mark but I always practise this challenge whenever one is available. I work 12 hour days, I do 4 days 6am-6pm - then 4 days off - then 4 nights 6pm-6am... so I have to plan my time around that. Usually on days, I will put an hour in at the evening... on nights it will be first thing in the morning when I get home... the only chance I can put some real dedication is on my days off when I have more time (hence my rank 12 status on the weekly challenge a couple weeks ago) 

Now I've played the game for some time, I agree it's not impossible or hard to gain to a certain degree, like I can play these challenges and get into the top 10 now but I'm not quite at the step where I can get into the top 5 (that's my next goal) 

I was expecting your reaction to not help me again to be fair - not in a bad way, but I know you love this game and are constantly trying to better yourself with it :) besides trophies, do you set your own goals or have a book with all your daily scores written down or something? just curious :) I'm surprised you like the dodo challenges, I bloody hated them hahahaha :D

Yes, I keep some screen save and I write also (in notepad files) scores for distance challenges and for some others if I reach the Top10. It's a good method to see improvements and to be able to do some statistics on the game (and see also the evolution of the game through the months with the activity of players)

The dojo as many lums as you can may also be considerated as the 5th distance challenge, except it's a quantity of lums you search to gain, instead of a "quantity of meters". It's exactly the same basic principle : first an easy phase (phase 1), then a harder one (phase 2), then an even harder one when glitches appear (phase 3) even if in the dojo case, this is the only "distance" challenge" where there are no phase 3 or phase 4 etc... because this is the only challenge where absolutely no glitch appear with time, so you can potentially play as long as possible with always the same technic.

But in all cases, in the phase 2, you have to know how to succeed between 12 and 15 different paths (depending on the type of challenge), with 3 or 4 of these paths, only, are really difficult : with the learning of the good technic to succeed, and with more time to practice. These paths are always randomly distributed from challenge to another challenge.

So, in a first time, (ans it's probably your situation) you begin to learn to succeed 3 to 7 paths with a decent rate of success for each path (like 40% for example). So with that, if you encounter only the paths you control you can reach a good distance, but if you encounter another path you don't know or you have a tiny rate of success (like less than 10%) well it will stop you...until you play again and learn how to raise your rate of success on this path.

So, if you play and if you only encounter the 5 or 7 paths you control you can reach 1500m or 4000m, only depending if a unknown path appear at 1500m in the first case or 4000 in the second case : these records are exactly the same in your situation (with your "level"). For example, when I played a dojo max, there was 3 rooms I almost failed when I reached one of them. So my record was at 850 lums when I met one of these hard paths too soon, or 1200 lums if it was later, but it's exactly the same level. It's the same for players who just are always stop with a beta or an alpha on a murfy's dungeon : if the alpha appears at 2000m, it will be their record, of if it appears at 5000m, it will be another records, but it's exactly the same level. In fact, on a distance challenge, you can't talk about a record at a low distance : it's nonsense because it only depends on which paths you encountered and if you had luck to only encounter easy paths or not. But on higher distances (like more than 10km or 5000 lums on a dojo) you have encountered almost all paths in the same proportions (statistically) and with enough quantity of them. So, we can compare a 20km distance record with a 40km on a pit : all pits challenge become all interchangeable and records can be compared. It's the same for dojo, lands (at least before the 33km point in that case) and also for towers (with a component of luck in this case). The only exception could be for murfy's challenges and the number of alpha you can encounter (do 33km with only 3 alphas is absolutely much more easy than do 15 km with 8 alphas to succeed for example, and you can't exactly compare these distances because the alpha path is the only path, on all challenges, where nobody can reach a 100% rate of success) 

But, if you absolutely want marks of level on a pit it would probably be : level 1 : until first difficulties on phase 1 (blue hands or long wind phases for example : it's almost the beginning of a "phase 1.5") ; level 2 : the gold cup each time you play ; level 3 : until the phase 2 each time you play ; level 4 : 0 to 1500m on phase 2 (so 1900 to 3500m on a normal challenge where phase 2 begin at 1900m~2000m) then level 5 : 1500 to 3000m on phase 2 then level 6 : up to 5000m on phase 2 then level 7 : over 10km on a challenge and then level 8 : to be able to reach the phase 3 at 33.8km or regurarly reach more than 20km. And so on for the next levels with the ability to reach not only high distances but the ability to reach these distances almost each time for example.

You reached the level 4 in my simulation, the level 5 is only matter of practice for the paths you don't have yet an enough rate of success. This level is the one where players should have a diamond cup on several challenges time to time (you could gain one, with luck and good configuration too, with your level 4 though, but it would be very rare even if it was the case on the 2 last challenges ;) . However on PS4 for example you would probably gain a diamond cup each time with this level) On level 6, players gain a diamond cup at 100% on a weekly challenge (normal or extreme). On level 7 it's 90% to gain a diamond on any challenge (weekly or daily) etc... 

Edited by Arkiokin

@Arkiokin I used to do the same when I went to the gym but I never did it for games before. Actually, I'm lying... I have, when I try and map out what trophies to get on what playthrough (easy/hard etc.) I remember doing it on Deadpool xD 

I just hate the dodo challenges altogether. I understand what you're saying though, I get good until it starts getting to the phase there the flaming swords and flaming heads start moving all over the screen and then that's where I screw up but thankfully it that stage qualifies me for gold. The 'get as many as you can' in 60 seconds where a pain in the arse sometimes, the left analog stick on my vita has started to stick a little bit so the controls fail me now and again :(

I hear you, I had a go at the never-ending pit for the daily extreme challenge and talk about hard. Usually, they start you off with easy obstacles and work up but this one was full on hard obstacles at the start. I only made it to 1500m but I ran out of time to improve on it. I've noticed my distances vary depending on how many alphas are thrown in like you say. Some days, there's hardly any and other days it's bat shit crazy. Murfy dungeons however are pretty straight forward, it's still the 3 blocks in the air where I screw up. Even after sliding the first one down, I skim it and hit the second one. My first attempt at those challenges are better because I don't anticipate it so there's a second delay before I slide the block down but after that, I anticipate it so I slide the block as soon as I see it without giving myself a second delay which is where I screw up... does that make sense?

As for the 'as far as you can go' pit challenges, I'm confident I can make it to 2000m every time now, but I still need practise to make it up to the 3000m mark if I'm going to go for a diamond cup again, my record is still 2300m. It makes sense, I'm still learning stuff which I've not encountered yet on these challenges or the alternative as you say being the practise I need to get a better success rate. Has Danielthegamer played since? if another weekly pit challenge comes up, I will attempt it as rank 12 out of 1000 people isn't bad but still a bit disheartening. I believe the PS3/4 versions are easier but I'm not a believer in getting multiple trophies for the same game, again, I got the vita port because I was told it's the best version and the story levels are a fun past time when I'm at work among other games like Lego or visual novels. I don't care if it's harder than the other rayman games, even if it does make me scream fuck off at the 'Champion' trophy ;) 

9 hours ago, ChristIllusion12 said:

@Arkiokin

I hear you, I had a go at the never-ending pit for the daily extreme challenge and talk about hard. Usually, they start you off with easy obstacles and work up but this one was full on hard obstacles at the start. I only made it to 1500m but I ran out of time to improve on it. I've noticed my distances vary depending on how many alphas are thrown in like you say. Some days, there's hardly any and other days it's bat shit crazy. Murfy dungeons however are pretty straight forward, it's still the 3 blocks in the air where I screw up. Even after sliding the first one down, I skim it and hit the second one. My first attempt at those challenges are better because I don't anticipate it so there's a second delay before I slide the block down but after that, I anticipate it so I slide the block as soon as I see it without giving myself a second delay which is where I screw up... does that make sense?

No that doesn't make sense, you have time (1 to 2 seconds delay I think, and a little less for quick sliders emergence like as it is in a beta phase (=4 sliders after a fire-eyes phase) so 0.5~1s max) and the sooner you push the first slider down, the better it will be...except if the sliders in the air are an "alpha" phase (it was the case very soon on the last challenges) and the delay is not the problem at all, but it's too complicated and useless to explain here how suceed it. An alpha is the combination of the 3 bone-wall then horizontal platform then the 4 sliders in the air (there are no "alpha" on a pit, it's just a term I created to designate this special murfy's dungeon pattern)

Edited by Arkiokin

• 1 month later...
On 27/04/2017 at 4:49 AM, Arkiokin said:

No that doesn't make sense, you have time (1 to 2 seconds delay I think, and a little less for quick sliders emergence like as it is in a beta phase (=4 sliders after a fire-eyes phase) so 0.5~1s max) and the sooner you push the first slider down, the better it will be...except if the sliders in the air are an "alpha" phase (it was the case very soon on the last challenges) and the delay is not the problem at all, but it's too complicated and useless to explain here how suceed it. An alpha is the combination of the 3 bone-wall then horizontal platform then the 4 sliders in the air (there are no "alpha" on a pit, it's just a term I created to designate this special murfy's dungeon pattern)

Man, maybe you can help me.

How do i do on distances challenges, when i get to the points where there is "bump, plataform>jump, bump, plataform>jump"?

I do always get stuck there. Sometimes, the char slides flawless but i miss the jump, because more often the char grips on the ledge of the second plataform, and if i do press jump right after it, the screen get myself on the fire. I most of the time waits to char to grip the ledge, but when i do that, the char fuck me flawless slinding the plataform without grip. It is always a gamble to me to try to make it right. And it seems this is the only thing on my way to do 15~20km runs. 

Edited by rsouzadk

This is, without a doubt, the hardest trophy in the game. Thankfully, for a lot of gamers, there are some glitches in some levels like Murphy's that allow players to win it. Otherwise, this platinum would be a lot LOWER.

I did it legit. I'm pretty good at Land of the Living Dead and I've done 2 Diamonds after spending several minutes in it. I made 7Km; after a while, platforms pattern becomes the same, so you just need to memorize it and beat a better score.

On 12/4/2017 at 8:27 PM, ChristIllusion12 said:

Unless if 194 people can help me boost this in 6 hours then I'm f**ked!

I started a new thread because there's chance more people would see it but if you've played Rayman Legends, be honest

Diamond Cup - Did you earn it legit or wait for the glitched Murfy Challenge? 

In the previous thread posted by me, I asked what was the probability of these glitched challenges because getting a diamond seems practically impossible when it's the same people on the leader board who have done nothing but play the game since it come out. I'm not bitching about anyone because one of the top players also commented on the thread. However, he said it's not impossible, it's based on what kind of player you want to be as some will just give up and not want to work for it and others will just inevitably wait for the glitched challenge. 

Well this week, the weekly challenge was the never ending pit 'as far as you go' and I worked and worked and worked my ass off on it to the point where I was getting ill from it. Reciting every pattern, learning from every mistake, playing for up to 5 hours a day. Last night (12/4/17) I made it to rank 9 which qualified me for a diamond with a distance of 2319KM... I was so happy that the hard work was paying off after all the hours I put into it and walkthrough videos I watched. Today, however, I got pushed back to rank 10... I said it's no big deal if over 1000 people play then I can still qualify, except now I'm in rank 12 because of the same regulars who snipe me at the last minute who just want to practice their skills.

I don't believe they're doing it to troll trophy hunters but here's me saying, Look I've tried and I'm just not good enough.

This is 95% me kicking my toys out the pram as I'm 56 points away from the final level, I was hoping after tonight I'd have enough points for the awesome trophy as well as the champion trophy and then the platinum but I'm left playing this game for longer now. This game is not fun anymore and I'm done with it. Really tried to go for it but now I see it's impossible and will have to cheat it like everybody else. I feel sorry for anybody who has the same problem with me as this is a game that's going to get harder over time when less and less people play on it :/

I got the trophy legally, I tried it so much that at the end of the event I was able to get the diamond cup for my other ID, cgv2010.

Why you complain? I can see that you have the trophy...

I know this online mode sucks ...

23 hours ago, Usagi-Tsukino-91 said:

I got the trophy legally, I tried it so much that at the end of the event I was able to get the diamond cup for my other ID, cgv2010.

Why you complain? I can see that you have the trophy...

I know this online mode sucks ...

Hi, 

My comment for this was posted on the 12/4/17 when I tried to go for it legit. I've got the trophy now yes, there was a glitched Murfy challenge on the 7/6/17. 

Adam 

On 10/06/2017 at 2:57 PM, rsouzadk said:

Man, maybe you can help me.

How do i do on distances challenges, when i get to the points where there is "bump, plataform>jump, bump, plataform>jump"?

I do always get stuck there. Sometimes, the char slides flawless but i miss the jump, because more often the char grips on the ledge of the second plataform, and if i do press jump right after it, the screen get myself on the fire. I most of the time waits to char to grip the ledge, but when i do that, the char fuck me flawless slinding the plataform without grip. It is always a gamble to me to try to make it right. And it seems this is the only thing on my way to do 15~20km runs. 

Are you talking about land of the living dead distance challenges ? if that, I made a video that can probably answer to your limitations (I had the same problems in the past, and that's why I was often limited to scores below 10km)

Edited by Arkiokin
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/06/2017 at 0:30 PM, Arkiokin said:

Are you talking about land of the living dead distance challenges ? if that, I made a video that can probably answer to your limitations (I had the same problems in the past, and that's why I was often limited to scores below 10km)

Thank you man!

Edited by rsouzadk