GT Sport Beta Discussion

Parker

Has anyone else been playing the beta? I've been mainly playing the arcade mode because I don't really have the time to find good set-ups as well as practice for a race but since the new update got rid of arcade mode (so more people would race online and test their servers) I entered my first races today. I placed on the podium at Tokyo Speedway with my Mustang Gr.4 and immediately after that I did an oval race with the Gr.3 class. 

No automatic alt text available.

I'm not a big oval fan but this was actually a really fun race. The second place player and I swapped positions quite a few times throughout the race and in the end, I was able to navigate the lapped traffic better and took the win. 

I'm a big fan of the SR rating in GT Sport. I imagine in the full game we'll have filters to only race against those with positive SR so punters and those who are only there to ruin races will be a thing of the past. The network was vert stable as well, I didn't really run into any laggers and everything was nice and smooth, I'm going to love the full release. 

Parker

• Like 3

I've been playing a lot recently. Working on a write-up that I should have done soon.

Mostly just spending time on Brands Hatch, testing out the different cars. Love the way the physics feel, and I'm especially loving how the Group 3 & 4 cars are sounding, especially in banked corners - hearing the car rattle around as it banks hard is amazing, and it's something a lot of racing games leave out.

What I really appreciate, though, is that Polyphony seem to actually be listening to feedback. I don't know if I was the only one to bring it up on the bug reporting forums, but I noticed that the recent 1.04 patch actually fixed the black border you see in Parker's screenshot. They actually listened and made the UI scale in instead of scaling the whole game screen.

Kinda sad they closed the Arcade stuff, though. My first online race didn't exactly go well :lol:

• 5 months later...
On 4/13/2017 at 4:27 AM, Parker said:

The network was vert stable as well, I didn't really run into any laggers and everything was nice and smooth, I'm going to love the full release. 

The one thing that I now will never forget is a glitch with grid start, when at the end of animation only one car on autopilot made through corner before start, and others just passed through to wall, crash into it and started slowly returning on track, while the first one already was about 10 sec away on the track.

Edited by Bloodytears1666