Can unknown/mysterious figure be fought on easy?

He can be fought on Beginner however you're save will not carry over so you'll have to redo all of the reports. In my opinion beating MF on critical is easier then having to redo all of the reports. However, if you're okay with redoing them then yes he is much easier on beginner.

Edited by Kent10201

1 hour ago, twigi1990 said:

I've been trying for days to beat him on critical as it's the last thing I need to do for record completion and can't do it! Can you fight him on beginner mode? Don't want to start a new run and waste my time 

I second Kent's post, redoing everything on Beginner will take more time than trying to beat Mysterious Figure. If you're playing as Terra, it's more luck than skill as Ven and Aqua have 100% invincibility when dodging (the regular dodge roll/cartwheel, not lightning roll and flamewheel). What I did as Terra was dodging in a hexagon pattern. That way the whirlwind, flames, and insta-death move couldn't trap Terra at the end of a dodge.

Thanks guys I'm just at my wits end with him lol the amount of times I've gone into this fight and within 30 seconds I'm dead is ridiculous lol I'm gonna keep trying but if I get no joy I might just redo everything I've only finished the story on critical with ven and aqua so it wouldn't be as much of a pain as with terra to start again 

• 1 year later...
On 4/19/2017 at 6:53 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

I second Kent's post, redoing everything on Beginner will take more time than trying to beat Mysterious Figure. If you're playing as Terra, it's more luck than skill as Ven and Aqua have 100% invincibility when dodging (the regular dodge roll/cartwheel, not lightning roll and flamewheel). What I did as Terra was dodging in a hexagon pattern. That way the whirlwind, flames, and insta-death move couldn't trap Terra at the end of a dodge.

I see this everywhere about 100% invincibility, and am just wondering what dream world the internet is living in because you can't just mash square and roll around, I still get destroyed even if im just dodging around. I had more luck not moving and getting hit on purpose and countering followed by heal than I did by dodging, and I didnt even beat it there. Just threw in the towel on this plat.

On 4/20/2017 at 0:42 PM, twigi1990 said:

Thanks guys I'm just at my wits end with him lol the amount of times I've gone into this fight and within 30 seconds I'm dead is ridiculous lol I'm gonna keep trying but if I get no joy I might just redo everything I've only finished the story on critical with ven and aqua so it wouldn't be as much of a pain as with terra to start again 

Did you ever finish it? I'm curious if Beginner is easier or if its just as bad for this guy. I'd rather do everything over 3x than this impossible fight on Crit.

7 hours ago, phoenix_shade said:

I see this everywhere about 100% invincibility, and am just wondering what dream world the internet is living in because you can't just mash square and roll around, I still get destroyed even if im just dodging around. I had more luck not moving and getting hit on purpose and countering followed by heal than I did by dodging, and I didnt even beat it there. Just threw in the towel on this plat.

Actually you can as Ven and Aqua, at least I could when spamming dodge.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, phoenix_shade said:

Did you ever finish it? I'm curious if Beginner is easier or if its just as bad for this guy. I'd rather do everything over 3x than this impossible fight on Crit.

14 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Actually you can as Ven and Aqua, at least I could when spamming dodge.

Just wanted to confirm that I could spam dodge for invincibility as well; since I had tried to help on @pheonix_shade 's other post about this.

EDIT: I realized that "spamming" was not a good description, as I wasn't just mashing the button. If you time the press with her dodge animation, you get the invincibility.

Edited by Fuzedog_

• 3 years later...

Feels weird to bump up a several year old topic, but here goes:

Just to make sure, a lot of the earlier comments here saying to stick with Critical just because OP already did everything else with Terra, right? So if I've done barely anything with Terra on my Critical playthrough (I think I only did some of the Command Boards and 1 race), I can just continue along with my Aqua/Ven/Final/Secret playthroughs on Critical, and then immediately start a new Terra file on Beginner and 100% that along with my existing Aqua/Ven files on Critical? I'm totally fine with trying out the optional content on Critical with Aqua/Ven.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/05/2022 at 11:05 PM, GigaZettaSlow said:

Feels weird to bump up a several year old topic, but here goes:

Just to make sure, a lot of the earlier comments here saying to stick with Critical just because OP already did everything else with Terra, right? So if I've done barely anything with Terra on my Critical playthrough (I think I only did some of the Command Boards and 1 race), I can just continue along with my Aqua/Ven/Final/Secret playthroughs on Critical, and then immediately start a new Terra file on Beginner and 100% that along with my existing Aqua/Ven files on Critical? I'm totally fine with trying out the optional content on Critical with Aqua/Ven.

Afraid not as playing beginner with one character and critical with the other two will count as two separate games. Progress between characters is only shared on the same difficultly level. If you play Terra on beginner you will then have to replay Aqua & Ven on beginner as well if you want to 100% the reports.

On 2022-05-24 at 6:44 PM, Vitallani said:

Afraid not as playing beginner with one character and critical with the other two will count as two separate games. Progress between characters is only shared on the same difficultly level. If you play Terra on beginner you will then have to replay Aqua & Ven on beginner as well if you want to 100% the reports.

Actually, I got the Platinum just fine starting a new Terra file on Beginner after doing Ven and Aqua on Critical. Maybe the order mattered?

Gameplay order was:

- Terra Critical

- Ven Critical

- Aqua Critical

- Return to Terra Critical; Acquire last Xehanort report (totally forgot about the Arena one)

- Final + Secret Critical

- Return to Ven Critical; 100%

- Return to Aqua Critical; 100%

- Terra Beginner; 100%

Maybe the beginner file stuff just didn't count towards the Trinity Archives? But it's not like that part matters for the trophies.

EDIT: Okay, after re-reading my first post, when I said "I've done barely anything with Terra on my Critical playthrough", I probably meant to say 'barely anything optional'. I'm pretty sure I had completed Terra's story playthrough by then. If that was the source of confusion, my bad. Definitely didn't mean to say that I wanted to quit my Terra Critical playthrough half-way through the story.

Edited by GigaZettaSlow
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GigaZettaSlow said:

Actually, I got the Platinum just fine starting a new Terra file on Beginner after doing Ven and Aqua on Critical. Maybe the order mattered?

Gameplay order was:

- Terra Critical

- Ven Critical

- Aqua Critical

- Return to Terra Critical; Acquire last Xehanort report (totally forgot about the Arena one)

- Final + Secret Critical

- Return to Ven Critical; 100%

- Return to Aqua Critical; 100%

- Terra Beginner; 100%

Maybe the beginner file stuff just didn't count towards the Trinity Archives? But it's not like that part matters for the trophies.

EDIT: Okay, after re-reading my first post, when I said "I've done barely anything with Terra on my Critical playthrough", I probably meant to say 'barely anything optional'. I'm pretty sure I had completed Terra's story playthrough by then. If that was the source of confusion, my bad. Definitely didn't mean to say that I wanted to quit my Terra Critical playthrough half-way through the story.

Yeah I was thinking that you hadn't completed the story critical with Terra.  Although I had actually forgotten that the character reports weren't linked to one another though, so I think I was conflating the two. Sorry about that.

Edited by Vitallani
elaborating more clearly

• 10 months later...
On 4/19/2017 at 5:48 PM, Tomthefishfeeder said:

I've been trying for days to beat him on critical as it's the last thing I need to do for record completion and can't do it! Can you fight him on beginner mode? Don't want to start a new run and waste my time 

Won't lie, I beat the game on critical, gave up on some of the bosses. a year or so later, restarted the entire thing on beginner, i flew right through it all to where i was and was able to get my platinum.

it sucked with Terra, but like others said, plain dodge roll/cartwheel, renewal block (if you're lucky). Get yourself a bunch of thunder surges and minesquares, rhythm mixer ice cream and one of those QTE shotlocks. There's a video on YT of someone who speedran 100% and it has some amazing tricks, including brilliant ones for some of the unversed challenges

• Like 1