Tomthefishfeeder

Can unknown/mysterious figure be fought on easy?

7 posts in this topic

I've been trying for days to beat him on critical as it's the last thing I need to do for record completion and can't do it! Can you fight him on beginner mode? Don't want to start a new run and waste my time 

He can be fought on Beginner however you're save will not carry over so you'll have to redo all of the reports. In my opinion beating MF on critical is easier then having to redo all of the reports. However, if you're okay with redoing them then yes he is much easier on beginner.

Edited by Kent10201

1 hour ago, twigi1990 said:

I've been trying for days to beat him on critical as it's the last thing I need to do for record completion and can't do it! Can you fight him on beginner mode? Don't want to start a new run and waste my time 

I second Kent's post, redoing everything on Beginner will take more time than trying to beat Mysterious Figure. If you're playing as Terra, it's more luck than skill as Ven and Aqua have 100% invincibility when dodging (the regular dodge roll/cartwheel, not lightning roll and flamewheel). What I did as Terra was dodging in a hexagon pattern. That way the whirlwind, flames, and insta-death move couldn't trap Terra at the end of a dodge.

Thanks guys I'm just at my wits end with him lol the amount of times I've gone into this fight and within 30 seconds I'm dead is ridiculous lol I'm gonna keep trying but if I get no joy I might just redo everything I've only finished the story on critical with ven and aqua so it wouldn't be as much of a pain as with terra to start again 

On 4/19/2017 at 6:53 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

I second Kent's post, redoing everything on Beginner will take more time than trying to beat Mysterious Figure. If you're playing as Terra, it's more luck than skill as Ven and Aqua have 100% invincibility when dodging (the regular dodge roll/cartwheel, not lightning roll and flamewheel). What I did as Terra was dodging in a hexagon pattern. That way the whirlwind, flames, and insta-death move couldn't trap Terra at the end of a dodge.

I see this everywhere about 100% invincibility, and am just wondering what dream world the internet is living in because you can't just mash square and roll around, I still get destroyed even if im just dodging around. I had more luck not moving and getting hit on purpose and countering followed by heal than I did by dodging, and I didnt even beat it there. Just threw in the towel on this plat.

On 4/20/2017 at 0:42 PM, twigi1990 said:

Thanks guys I'm just at my wits end with him lol the amount of times I've gone into this fight and within 30 seconds I'm dead is ridiculous lol I'm gonna keep trying but if I get no joy I might just redo everything I've only finished the story on critical with ven and aqua so it wouldn't be as much of a pain as with terra to start again 

Did you ever finish it? I'm curious if Beginner is easier or if its just as bad for this guy. I'd rather do everything over 3x than this impossible fight on Crit.

7 hours ago, phoenix_shade said:

I see this everywhere about 100% invincibility, and am just wondering what dream world the internet is living in because you can't just mash square and roll around, I still get destroyed even if im just dodging around. I had more luck not moving and getting hit on purpose and countering followed by heal than I did by dodging, and I didnt even beat it there. Just threw in the towel on this plat.

Actually you can as Ven and Aqua, at least I could when spamming dodge.

21 hours ago, phoenix_shade said:

Did you ever finish it? I'm curious if Beginner is easier or if its just as bad for this guy. I'd rather do everything over 3x than this impossible fight on Crit.

14 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Actually you can as Ven and Aqua, at least I could when spamming dodge.

Just wanted to confirm that I could spam dodge for invincibility as well; since I had tried to help on @pheonix_shade 's other post about this.

EDIT: I realized that "spamming" was not a good description, as I wasn't just mashing the button. If you time the press with her dodge animation, you get the invincibility.

Edited by Fuzedog_