The trophies in this are a joke.

Paranoimia

Really, really pissed off with this game.

I've just completed a 'stealth' playthrough. Every stat screen says I wasn't detected and no-one was killed. I didn't kill any main targets either. Following advice from a couple of guides, I went through from beginning to end, only reloading saves when I cocked up and not selecting any missions from the main menu.

On completing the game, I got the 'Shadow' trophy (no-one alerted), but no 'Ghost' trophy (no-one alerted or killed except main targets) and no 'Clean Hands' trophy (no-one alerted or killed, including main targets).

Lots of time spent being patient and careful, all wasted. It's glitched somewhere. I am not f*cking happy.

• Like 1

Then re-do the trophy requirements, if it doesn't unlock then don't worry about it..

That's just the point - I met all the trophy requirements. To do them again means playing the whole game from the beginning, as - apparently - you can't go level by level. Even if you could, the stats say I met all requirements, so there's no way of knowing which parts to do.

I knew the stealth run was going to be a bit frustrating, so I did it first to get it out of the way, taking extra care not to be detected. I read that when they 'see' you it only counts as detected if the flashes turn red... but I restarted from saves even on one white flash to be sure. Anyone at risk of being eaten by rats, I moved onto off-ground areas like ledges or the top of book cases. I certainly didn't kill anyone myself. The only person I saw getting eaten by rats was at the oil refinery, and was already dead... if that's what got counted, I'll be livid.

Was really looking forward to going through killing everyone after that. To have to do it all in stealth again, well... the game's good, but it's not that good. Might have to give it a few days before I even think about trying again.

Did you check every level to see that there where no bodies found? I don't know if that matters but if it does then that might have been the problem.

Luckily for me this problem ever occured, I can't imagine having to play through the game again having to be that careful.

Edit: Just read your post again, it seams like you must've accidentally killed someone. Did you kill the assassins in the intro? Because those count you know. Also, have you checked that you didn't acidentally make someone walk into a trap or something?

Edited by The Willieboy

Try to redo it a second time, carefully make sure you do it right. Record it if you have to. If it doesn't show up then stop and report it, but you should worry about it. You can't just forget about it, or the game won't get any better. Some poeple are just satisfied with glitchy games. It's why we get so many of them.

• Like 2

I luckily got all of Clean Hands, Ghost, and Shadow without an issues, but a lot of people are having problems with these. Did you do the Granny Rags missions? If so, how did you deal with her in Chapter 7 in the sewers? Making her unconscious counts as a kill from numerous reports.

I've just started a second stealth play-through. Hopefully it'll work this time. If not... well, I don't want to think about that at the moment!

Did you check every level to see that there where no bodies found? I don't know if that matters but if it does then that might have been the problem.

Luckily for me this problem ever occured, I can't imagine having to play through the game again having to be that careful.

Edit: Just read your post again, it seams like you must've accidentally killed someone. Did you kill the assassins in the intro? Because those count you know. Also, have you checked that you didn't acidentally make someone walk into a trap or something?

Nope, I'd looked at the guide before I started, so knew not to kill them and just defended until they killed her and left. I didn't rewire anything other than alarms, because I knew I might get accidental kills. I checked the stat screens for every single mission - all said no kills and no detections.

I luckily got all of Clean Hands, Ghost, and Shadow without an issues, but a lot of people are having problems with these. Did you do the Granny Rags missions? If so, how did you deal with her in Chapter 7 in the sewers? Making her unconscious counts as a kill from numerous reports.

For Granny Rags, I knew from the guide not to dart her. I blinked in behind, froze time, swiped the key and blinked out again. The only similar thing I can think of was that I shot the Lord Regent with a sleep dart - but neither of the guides I read said that you couldn't do that. I certainly won't do that again on this play-through, just in case.

Played it through on a second stealth run. Got 'Clean Hands' and 'Ghost' this time, thankfully! :yay:

Only things I did differently were choke out the Lord Regent rather than hit him with a sleep dart, and move the already-dead corpse at the refinery to where the rats couldn't eat it.

One more play-through (hopefully) to mop up the trophies you get for killing people. This one should be a lot more fun! :lol:

what do u mean the body at the refinery, what mission is that

Mission 7, where you have to go and get your stuff back. When you enter the whale oil refinery, there's a section where you have to lower some stairs. Opposite the door to the control room where the lever is, there's a body with a note beside it.

When you lower the stairs, a swarm of rats appears and devours the body if you don't move it. That's the only person I could think of during my first stealth run that may have counted as being 'killed' by something I did, even though it was already a corpse and didn't actually die by my hand.

Beat the game four times myself... the fourth time was because I missed a painting in chapter two.

You can no use mission select to complete trophy requirements such as no bodies found or what not. If you do, you have to reply from that level onwards to the end.

The trophies aren't that bad.. they did overlook from trophy issues like the level select though. AC3 had MUCH worse problems.

Got the platinum trophy tonight. Had to re-play chapters 2-7 for the paintings. After 2 stealth play-throughs, I didn't do the Granny Rags/Slackjaw missions on my 3rd 'go nuts and kill everyone' play-through, so I couldn't get the last bloody painting.

I tried the 'get through walls' glitch to get it, but couldn't get it to work at all, so presume it must have been patched. Anyway, I dashed through 2-7 again and got them. Will now sell the game as I'm fed up with it. Can't be bothered with the Dunwall City Trials DLC at all.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, your right the Trophies are a joke in this game. why the hell should I do the Whole game again for the 3th Time still need this Trophie "Clean Hands" has anyone got a Idea on how I can get this damn Trophie

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/6481-having-problem-with-clean-hands/

Look at my post and reply your Ideas Thx 

I was a Stealth Ninja lol  :ninja: