The big Thinker (solution)

aZombieDictator

So this trophy has caused many wasted hours and tons of annoyances. And I finally figured out the best way to get it! Basically once you're done with "Everything" just spawn a golden gate and go inside, get around 10-20 thoughts in your mind then set everything on auto settings to off except thinking and set that to the max. The game will auto generate thoughts for you. (The white bubbles) All you need is a certain amount of those and the trophy will unlock! I have no idea how long it will take, but after so many different things I've been trying that method generated 5 thoughts in under an hour.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

This is a big gamble as it hasn't work for some. I believe you have to constantly clear your thoughts via (touchpad) to make way for new thoughts to fill in... reason why we have This Is It trophy to encourage the "thoughts inventory" purge. Some say they have done this AFK method and wasted hours for not getting the trophy, most likely having more discovered thoughts than their own regenerated thoughts.

Edited by eispan71

• 9 months later...

It seems like it's possible for Golden Gates to eventually stop spawning thoughts - at the end of my first run they simply won't spawn any, then I left it idle on NG+ and it was initially plentiful, then dried up completely. Perhaps you need to leave it on autoplay near the beginning of the game? 

Edit: You can't get thoughts to spawn if your mind is empty - you have to leave, get thoughts, then go back in.

Edited by Darling Baphomet

• 1 year later...

this trophy is not glitched... basically you need around 40 of your own thoughts, they show as white text in your memory log... to get these, you just need to collect every thought you see until the item you are has a thought cloud above it, followed by a text...

at first, 12 thoughts is needed to unlock a thought of your own & then gradually you will need double, triple this amount of thoughts to get 'your own thought'...

the circle on the HUD at the top has a ring glowing around it, this indicates how close/not close you are to having a 'thought of your own'... collecting no thoughts & the ring around the circle stays static...

start collecting the thoughts & you will notice the ring around the circle starts to glow... you have to collect enough thoughts for this ring to eventually reset back to static... the bigger the glow, the closer you are to gaining your own thought...

turn thoughts on in the menu, then go to autoplay menu & change listen to 3, think to 3, everything else to 0...

select the golden gate & ascend into it to farm thoughts... keep clicking on every thought until it doesn't let you, then delete every thought in the memory log... exit golden gate... turn thoughts off in main menu, exit menu to your game... turn thoughts on in menu, enter golden gate then repeat the whole process over again & again...

after 3 or so hours you will have 40 of your own thoughts provided you clicked on thoughts throughout your whole playthrough... if you didnt collect any thoughts then expect to play for up to another 8 to 12 hours as collecting 40 of your own thoughts is very time consuming...

the reason i advise to turn thoughts off then on is because once you clear your memory log, the game will stop producing thoughts... so you need to switch them off and on again to respawn the thoughts... you might need to do this a few times but you will know its worked because a thought should appear in a few seconds...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR