How to boost sheep rank (Ranked V 2.0)

LordFlashXIV

Hello, in this post I'll be explaining how to boost sheep rank in ranked V 2.0.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some general stuff:

- This boost is best done with 2 people.

- If everything goes well this trophy can be achieved in 1~2 days.

- This mini-guide is written for ranked v 2.0, so if the devs decide to update the ranked matches again this post will be irrelevent.

- I advice chatting in a party with your boosting partner.

The premise:

This boost involves two people searching for a ranked 1v1 match at the same time, one person has to get to sheep rank first then the other. This is so you don't lose points.

When you search you will eventually find someone. Before the match starts you can see the person you going up against, If this person is NOT your boosting partner do the following:

1) Quickly push the PS button and quit the worms application/game.

2) Boot the game up and check your rank and points to see if you lost any progress.

3) Continue to search with your boosting partner.

If  you find your boosting partner spawn your worms in, and let the person thats not on the winning side surrender.

The points:

To get to sheep rank you need to go through six ranks, from rank 1 to rank 7. Luckily collecting points became a lot easier in V 2.0, you basically only need 100 points for each rank, you also wil not get demoted to a previous rank for losing matches.

You'll get less points for winning a match everytime you promote to the next rank, there's also some bonus points for being on a winning streak. The winning streak bonus takes affect after three consecutive wins.

Other Notes:

Unfortunatly this games suffers from numerous glitches and bugs that can occur during your boost, several times the game decided to reset my rank after I rebooted it, It didn't strip away some points It just reset me back to a different rank with different points.

Strangely enough, nothing like this ever happend to my boosting partner, so I'm not sure how rare this actually is.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thats pretty much It, I hope this helps anyone looking to get this trophy, If there's any other questions don't be affraid to ask them.

Edited by LordFlashXIV
  • Like 1

Thanks. But in few last days i can't find anyone in ranked match or game tells "Error, connection lost, you been kicked from online" and e.t.c. So finding each other will be a problem. How many match wins needed for sheep rank?

Edited by Fox-Hand-89

9 hours ago, Fox-Hand-89 said:

Thanks. But in few last days i can't find anyone in ranked match or game tells "Error, connection lost, you been kicked from online" and e.t.c. So finding each other will be a problem. How many match wins needed for sheep rank?

Good Question, I honestly don't now because didn't really keep track of how many wins I got. My stats tell me I've played 63 ranked matches (that also includes the matches I've lost). From this I'm guessing you're looking at about 30~40 wins.

The connection issue I've had sometimes, rebooting the game worked for me.

• 7 months later...

I can confirm.  Just hit Rank 2 last night and this morning I had to close/reopen the game and my rank was back down to 1, but my win streak was still there :( 

Edit: If you're having this issue, here's a few tips:

Don't leave the application running when you put the PS4 in rest mode.  I'm fairly sure what happened is it just didn't save my data from ranked last night.  If you close it before it has a chance to save, your rank can end up reverting backwards.

When you exit the match, go to the rank stats and hit save to force your progress to save.  If you have PS+, upload the save (as long as the timestamp is within a few minutes of your save) for extra protection.

Also, you're much better off trying to do this in one go.

Edited by Temmie

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out, I've been trying to boost the Sheep rank trophy using a secondary console, so one PS5 and one PS4 and using two different accounts.

For some reason I seem to be unable to find the other account during matchmaking, both accounts will find random other players at times, but even when searching for several minutes they wont connect with each other.

I have tried this on multiple different days and at different times and even tried connecting my secondary console to a different internet connection in case the game blocks the same IP addresses from playing together.

Has anyone been able to boost this with a secondary console or know of any reason why I'm seemingly not able to find each my secondary consoles account during matchmaking,

Really appreciate any help with this.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I completed the online trophies for this game and my rank was reset. I went from Sheep rank to Prod when I was helping my partner get to Sheep rank. It was weird and this glitch keeps happening.

I hope my experience serves as a precaution. My recommendation is that if you are going to boost this with another player that first one of the two reaches Sheep rank and then do the same with the remaining one.

• 4 months later...