"You Rang?" - Needs Human + Typhon Powers?

Esquoret

Looking at three different trophy guides (including the one on this site), and they all say for "You Rang?" you gotta purchase Typhon Powers, then later make use of Human Abilities (Repair III), which will then offer the player a few TranScribes.

How is this compatible with either of the two playthroughs detailed in the roadmap? You need to purchasing both Typhon Powers and Human Abilities, which makes the playrthrough useless for "Split Affinity". And you can't just reload the save because you need to keep those TranScribes as part of collecting them all during a playthrough for "Psychometry".

Can someone please explain how to deal with this? Thanks.

For the quest "You Rang", if you are doing a Typhon power playthrough, all you need is Mimic Matter ability. The door that will open if you do the repair has a hole in it that you can fit through if you use Mimic Matter on a small object like a mug. Once you fall through the hole, there is a button on the other side that will manually open the door allowing you to escape. Many obstacles have more than one way to get past them. For a Human Ability playthrough, rely on Hacking, Leverage, and Repair. For Typhon Power playthrough, rely on Mimic Matter, Boltcaster, and Remote Manipulation. Hope this helps.

Do the quest on your Human_Collect_Everything playthrough. After that you can save, buy any three abilities, kill the Nightmare, receive the logs from January, use them, reload the save. You don't need every single transcribe/email/crew member for their respective trophies to trigger, there is some room to breathe. I, for example, couldn't get inside the Yellow Tulip storage(two dead bodies inside) and still managed to find myself a 275 people.

I did a human play, a no powers play - reloaded final save and bought 1 typhon to get the split affinity, and then a bit of a third playthrough to get the random typhon trophies (didnt have to play far to get the 'you rang?' And others in that one.)

still finished that playthrough anyway though, since I freakin loved this game :)

1 hour ago, Akrioz said:

Do the quest on your Human_Collect_Everything playthrough. After that you can save, buy any three abilities, kill the Nightmare, receive the logs from January, use them, reload the save. You don't need every single transcribe/email/crew member for their respective trophies to trigger, there is some room to breathe. I, for example, couldn't get inside the Yellow Tulip storage(two dead bodies inside) and still managed to find myself a 275 people.

Do you mean that you can buy three HUMAN abilities to spawn the Nightmare? If that's the case, then it solves everything.

2 hours ago, BlueDragonRR said:

For the quest "You Rang", if you are doing a Typhon power playthrough, all you need is Mimic Matter ability. The door that will open if you do the repair has a hole in it that you can fit through if you use Mimic Matter on a small object like a mug. Once you fall through the hole, there is a button on the other side that will manually open the door allowing you to escape. Many obstacles have more than one way to get past them. For a Human Ability playthrough, rely on Hacking, Leverage, and Repair. For Typhon Power playthrough, rely on Mimic Matter, Boltcaster, and Remote Manipulation. Hope this helps.

I'm doing a Human Ability playthrough. Can I do "You Rang?" without purchasing Typhon Powers?

3 hours ago, Esquoret said:

Do you mean that you can buy three HUMAN abilities to spawn the Nightmare? If that's the case, then it solves everything.

I mean buy three typhon abilities and reload. You can't do this trophy without purchasing them, cause you need to spawn a Nightmare. Nightmares that are roaming the world won't work for the trophy. I don't understand why do you want to invent a wheel and not simply reload a save.

1 hour ago, Akrioz said:

I mean buy three typhon abilities and reload. You can't do this trophy without purchasing them, cause you need to spawn a Nightmare. Nightmares that are roaming the world won't work for the trophy. I don't understand why do you want to invent a wheel and not simply reload a save.

Well, because generally there's always a chance that these types of trophies will glitch. So many threads about glitched trophies for this game, including for "Split Affinity", so I'd just like to be as careful as possible. I think I'll just save all this miscellaneous stuff until the two playthroughs are done and dusted.

It's a relief that there are at least good glitches happening for the collectibles trophies (they pop early). Otherwise there's no choice but to do a third playthrough. Seriously though, why can't developers pay more attention to detail and make things properly. So paranoid being a trophy hunter sometimes due to their mistakes.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

Edited by Esquoret

10 hours ago, Esquoret said:

I'm doing a Human Ability playthrough. Can I do "You Rang?" without purchasing Typhon Powers?

If that is the case then just do a hard save, get the trophy and reload, like Akrioz mentioned. I used quite a few saves to do some miscellaneous trophies that I was unaware of.

5 hours ago, BlueDragonRR said:

If that is the case then just do a hard save, get the trophy and reload, like Akrioz mentioned. I used quite a few saves to do some miscellaneous trophies that I was unaware of.

Yeah, cool. Thanks!

8 hours ago, spazza136 said:

I think you find them later in the game though.

You get them from January after completing the quest mentioned in "You rang". Well, the whole point of "You rang" trophy is to spawn a Nightmare using this transcribe. I dunno, maybe there is another way to obtain a transcribe, but killing the nightmare is the fastest.

21 hours ago, Esquoret said:

so I'd just like to be as careful as possible

You can leave one save in your Human playthrough for the sake of safety and just load it after you'll get a split affinity. Then do all the miscellaneous you want.

• 6 months later...
On 09/06/2017 at 11:31 AM, Akrioz said:

You get them from January after completing the quest mentioned in "You rang". Well, the whole point of "You rang" trophy is to spawn a Nightmare using this transcribe. I dunno, maybe there is another way to obtain a transcribe, but killing the nightmare is the fastest.

You can get this trophy by dispelling a Nightmare. I find they appear pretty regularly, often (it seems) after a change of location during story progression. Of course, you could summon one, but you only get 4 uses, so why not save them to get rid of a Nightmare when one appears? It'll save you 3 minutes of hiding. ;)

Also, you don't need to kill one to get the Mixed Signals objective. I was given this after I'd avoided 5 or so Nightmares. I was hiding under a desk in the Lobby at the time & received it after the Nightmare dissipated.

Edited by Xemik