How is it?

• 2 years later...

Just got it on sale for the vita : $7.99 USD

i will let you know what I think about it after I play 

update: 90 mins in and I gotta say, I’m loving it. Digging the dungeon jump vibe and I love the retro style animations and soundtrack.. the game has a lot of customizable features.. including soundtrack/music features, equips (skills, too), character creations.. it all makes the game feel like it’s being catered to you and it’s trying for you to make it your own.. I must say.. I am impressed.. was on the fence for a long time with this one and I finally found a great vita game that I can sink some hours into and have a blast and enjoy myself with..

Edited by xxdmcgee2288xx
Review
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Amazing fun. I just cant put it down!

Im so close to plat after playing nonstop and customizing my sprites!

There are some crash issues though, so if you end up wanting to 100%, I suggest saving before and after every hardcore full 99 floor Rangeon runs you attempt, as well as resetting the game beforehand (to avoid any nasty overflow glitches), along with picking up as little loot as possible(with exception of obviously super rare loot), and not deleting any picked up loot while in dungeon.

Limit your exposure to enemies, even when completely immune to their attacks.

I had a nasty crash when a mimic hit me 100 times or so while an immortal was also stacking hits. game couldnt calculate the hitcounts and basically exploded lol.

Also take your time accessing menus while loading areas in, as you could get softlocked if you mash too fast.

With these caveats aside (only necessary for unlocking all magic circles),

Probably one of the most fun sprite-based games Ive played in the past 10 years, some other NIS titles aside.

Adding in/creating from scratch goofy characters or dark souls/bloodborne style equipment and character sprites is incredible.

The combat system is simple clean fun, and like the upgrade system, can pack some hidden depth.

To top it all off, it even has multiplayer, co-op dungeon/missions and even pvp I think.

Edit: oh, I forgot to mention, you can even share all custom made sprites in the multiplayer hub with friends!

Edited by Eienshi-Ita

• 2 years later...