What characters for what missions ?

I'm back playing this game after some time and I have to say I'm still lost on what characters to use for what missions.  Mission 18 took me a while :-(

I'm not even worried about the S ranks at the moment, just clearing all the missions and they seem harder than I suspect they really are as I have no idea what characters I should be picking.

Has anyone any suggestions or a guide I can follow for what characters are good for what missions.

Also if you have suggestions on card setups that would be great.  I have just been selecting auto customize to assign the best ones for my main character and using whatever is left for the rest.

50 minutes ago, markcavan said:

I'm back playing this game after some time and I have to say I'm still lost on what characters to use for what missions.  Mission 18 took me a while :-(

I'm not even worried about the S ranks at the moment, just clearing all the missions and they seem harder than I suspect they really are as I have no idea what characters I should be picking.

Has anyone any suggestions or a guide I can follow for what characters are good for what missions.

Also if you have suggestions on card setups that would be great.  I have just been selecting auto customize to assign the best ones for my main character and using whatever is left for the rest.

If I can recal correctly Brolly with 3 #18s should hold you up through everything

• Like 1

i'm thinking of coming back to this although its been almost 2 years since i played. do you need 4 or 8 players to boost? :/ also it sucks both the vita and ps3 versions are incompatible and i only have the vita version. i'd be down with the multiplayer grind, just not sure if its worth going back to if getting the players is impossible nearly.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

@RJP_X the whole game is bullshit since it basically forces you to play with others online to get a majority of the trophies. I have a gaming session going if you want to tackle the online portion, especially the shitty 50-hour trophy. I have the vita version.

This is inaccurate. I did most of the game solo without much of a problem. The final mission and the online trophies were the only things I sought other players for and the former could've been done if I was willing to spend PP on the Weekly fruit that enhances your stats like crazy. 

Spooky is right. My go-to character was Broly and I liked having 18 as a healer because she did a good job of healing you while still giving you extra lives if you needed them. I believe a lot of people run SSJ2 Teen Gohan and Super Saiyan God Goku as well. I just prefer Broly. 

I agree with @Brawler here.  I've been playing offline solo so far.  Later on once I cleared some of the early mission the only hard ones I had trouble with clearing was the last two, 59 and 60.  I switched my characters to LSSJ Broly +3 rank 10 Android 18s. I equipped 2 large defense items for them (potential lv3), the largest senzu bean, Indomitable spirit and Berserker Lv3 on Broly.  Both missions were a breeze with this setup.

For the 50 hour trophy this is really easy but long.  I have been doing the max out characters at the same time.  What I have been doing is replaying mission 51 using LSSJ Broly with the Passionate Friendship card and then adding three other characters to max up.  On those characters I added the potential lv3 and gravity training lv3.  I use mission 51 as I'm also farming PP and can get 4,500 each time by getting max energy (I don't have the Porunga’s Wish card yet).

However, the same setup can be used on mission 40 using a AFK method for when I get bored.  Just start the mission and select up on the D-Pad when the mission starts.  Broly is so strong he will never die and the mission will complete in 12-15 minutes without you doing anything at all.  You can also decide to select down on the D-Pad and the mission will last 20 minutes but will fail and not net you as much exp but if time is all you going after this is the best method.

I'll be looking to do online once this grind is over but I'm playing on PS3 so will setup some gaming sessions when I'm ready to gather players.

Edited by markcavan

That's great and all, but I am playing on the Vita. So you can see why trying to get the 50 hours is boring as hell for me. Already got every other trophy except for all cards. Maxed out everyone. So far i'm only replaying mission 33 while trying to get max energy (without Porunga's Wish).

I was hoping to just boost the hours with another player, but nobody wants to do it. Even having a gaming session set up, but no luck.