5km question...

Extratenzy

There's a lot of things you can do to try and get a bit of distance, like for example Nitro mentions not using the hog. While I agree that its awful, but I think you should use all vehicles as long as you can because they give you a little bit more of a chance because of the extra hitpoint, as well as they give you a brief safe period afterwards to gain some extra meters. So basically any vehicle you find, use it. It might also be a good idea to equip the item that gives you a random vehicle right at the start if you feel more comfortable with an extra hitpoint from the beginning. Getting really good at the profit bird was essential because that vehicle can last a very long time. Equipping the air barrys was a must for me as well. Pair these with the revives and bombs you planned to use will make you successful in the end. I think my highest was in the 7k range with air barrys and profit bird skills. Don't give up ?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Empovyle said:

There's a lot of things you can do to try and get a bit of distance, like for example Nitro mentions not using the hog. While I agree that its awful, but I think you should use all vehicles as long as you can because they give you a little bit more of a chance because of the extra hitpoint, as well as they give you a brief safe period afterwards to gain some extra meters. So basically any vehicle you find, use it. It might also be a good idea to equip the item that gives you a random vehicle right at the start if you feel more comfortable with an extra hitpoint from the beginning. Getting really good at the profit bird was essential because that vehicle can last a very long time. Equipping the air barrys was a must for me as well. Pair these with the revives and bombs you planned to use will make you successful in the end. I think my highest was in the 7k range with air barrys and profit bird skills. Don't give up 1f642.png

well... i get to 4000M after 20 runs and used my revive before that match... its just luck... when i get into a very good run i dont have anything to go with and FUCK that slot machine... it keeps giving me little money and small blasts...

this trophy is absolute shit... they should patch it either to 4000M or using some revives and bombs in one run (excluding the slot machine)

1 hour ago, SniperEliteDido said:

THATS IT... im giving up on this trophy... will probably play this game when i finish my other games

I'm so sorry I misunderstood. I assumed you meant to ask if you'd earn the trophy after getting to 5k after you revived twice, via slot machine reward or purchase. 

The others were correct in saying the game only allows you to revive yourself through coin purchase one time per game. If you couple that with the various other perks and some lucky slot revives, it should be doable.

Taking a break can help, but I find that these kind of trophies are best earned with repetition. Find a groove and eventually you'll snag that 5k.

I believe in you! 

its just that the revives are so expensie... same with the bombs... if they were only for reasonable prices then this trophy would be a piece of cake... probably gonna let someone do that outrageous trophy for me because i don't wanna waste like 20 hours for just this trophy....

and IM NEVER PLAYING JETPACK JOYRIDE EVER AGAIN...

Edited by SniperEliteDido

On 8/4/2017 at 9:39 AM, SniperEliteDido said:

its just that the revives are so expensie... same with the bombs... if they were only for reasonable prices then this trophy would be a piece of cake... probably gonna let someone do that outrageous trophy for me because i don't wanna waste like 20 hours for just this trophy....

and IM NEVER PLAYING JETPACK JOYRIDE EVER AGAIN...

I'm sorry man. :( I really don't ever remember it being that bad the 3 separate times I did it. Using multiple revives and bombs (Again, from the slot machine and purchases) I always got there pretty quick. 

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is old but I'm cleaning up some smaller games in my backlog and knocking out the JJ games across vita/ps3/ps4, so I thought I'd offer a few tips...

Anyways, I can't remember if this works on the deluxe version, but you can buy your utilities and back up your save. If you waste them, redownload your save. That way you don't waste a bunch of times grinding for coins. This definitely works on the regular version. 

If this doesn't work on the deluxe version I suggest simply grinding the 50 days token trophy. I just got my gold on the vita deluxe and you get handed a bunch of revives, items are cheaper, and I finished with 250k coins. 

If you're struggling for 5k I suggest the following:

Super headstart

Bomb

Revive

Air Barrys

Magnetic Token (I never found the other utilities very useful, so this way you won't run into a zapper chasing a token) 

Never use your utility revive / bomb first. 

Spin your tokens until you get a revive at 3k+ km

Then go as long as possible, the next time you die use your utility revive, and then your bomb if needed. 

I suggest this because you guarantee yourself 2 revives, and don't waste your utilities except for hesdstart which isn't really needed. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 3/18/2019 at 1:27 AM, Joker-Kun890 said:

Air Barrys

Magnetic Token (I never found the other utilities very useful, so this way you won't run into a zapper chasing a token) 

I have to disagree on utilities, swap magnetic token for the dash device (final utility) it disables all missiles and electric fields while flying through the three rings, equivalent to almost 1k in distance after sector 5 at those speeds and it appears many times per run. about 2-3 times on the way to a 5k.

Second utility Ice block, time the bomb at maximum slide speed and you can siphon about 700-800 in distance at a perfect bomb release.

After 2k in distance has been met start pause scumming, tap pause on and off, when you see a light field coming you  hold x from the pause screen this will unpause and lift you up over the field. IMO this made it rather easy. and I nabbed a speed run time. But I also kinda cheated and spent the $13 on the million coins. (screw the grind).

• 3 weeks later...