To Buy or Not to Buy-Rainbow Moon

TristanBrown17

8 minutes ago, JNSpradlin said:

A few QoL things aside, you go off on a book of a reply about things that are just technical. I dont think this game was a AAA game when it came out, but a AA game.  It wasnt meant to compete against larger, grander RPGs. 

The game is fine for what it is, IMO. Its not everyone's cup of tea. 

Really? The game isn't everyone's cup of tea? THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD.

I'm glad you have an opinion on the game. How about leaving me to mine? Oh, and for future reference, comments like, "those are the mechanics of the game", or that "things...are just technical" are lame. Of course they're mechanics of the game, and of course they're technical. It doesn't change the fact that they suck.

And please, don't fall back on the tired, "Well, that's just your opinion," because of course it's my opinion.

Hey there everyone :)

I wholeheartedly recommend getting Rainbow Moon. Having enjoyed playing it on PS3 a few years ago, I got the Limited Run version on PS4 and had a blast with it for the second time. 

Furthermore, I appreciated the effort invested in Rainbow Skies even more so that I played all three versions of it as well. 

The Rainbow games are some of my favorite titles of all time :)

Greetings from Germany (the games were programmed here)! 

Edited by Bizzy_Montana_
  • Like 1

For those interested in the Rainbow games, currently there's a pack on sale on European and US PSN (until January 20 2020) with both, "Rainbow Skies + Rainbow Moon Mega RPG Bundle", at a very reasonable price and includes some good stuff you don't get buying the games alone.

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 1

Hey there everyone :)

With all that was said in this thread, I really think that future players could actually give a chance to Rainbow Moon / Skies. 

Don't worry, I'm not paid / rewarded to state the following, I honestly want the series to strive and prosper because it's one of those indie series most people don't recognize until they're offered on PS+ (again), which I think would be a shame. 

From my point of view, these games are truly underrated. Both entries aren't difficult with Rainbow Moon being slightly harder (3/10 difficulty max, only during the final battle, 2/10 90% of the time; same goes for Rainbow Skies, although it's slightly easier). Rainbow M & S aren't particularly trophy - hunter - friendly because you should consult guides for both during the endgame - phase, but there's nothing too bad or even missable. I think that a plat is definitely allowed to offer a nice challenge and this is exactly what both games did.

Video guides have been posted, but you will most likely only need them during the endgame (Thank you for your amazing job streethawkfan!) 

As a reference, my hardest RPG-plat was FF XIII. FF was way harder than both Rainbows combined, there's no need for Excel - calculations here, so don't worry. 

Furthermore, Rainbow Skies received convenience functions with the latest patch. I.e., you're able to skip (beautiful but after some time a bit tedious) battle animations automatically which saves a lot of time. 

If my word matters to you at all, make sure to give those games a try. Some aspects of these games feel a bit outdated at first, but you'll get the hang of it soon enough.

If there were more versions to play, I'd be particularly delighted to spend my Christmas holidays with them. 

All versions of both games can be played in English so you won't have to fear any language barriers. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this comment. All the very best to you :)

Edited by Bizzy_Montana_
  • Like 2