Annoying but moreish!

Got this a while back for £4 and rage quit after about half an hour not even getting past the first level on the PS4.

Since getting the vita I've come back to it when i get bored at work and am almost at the end now.  Once you get used to the annoying parry mechanics and the enemy patterns it isn't so bad, still annoying in bits but doable.  One of them games thats fun to play that you can't put down but at the same time makes you want to snap the controller/vita with your bare hands!

I might even go for the plat on this beast.

On 8/16/2017 at 7:57 AM, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Got this a while back for £4 and rage quit after about half an hour not even getting past the first level on the PS4.

Since getting the vita I've come back to it when i get bored at work and am almost at the end now.  Once you get used to the annoying parry mechanics and the enemy patterns it isn't so bad, still annoying in bits but doable.  One of them games thats fun to play that you can't put down but at the same time makes you want to snap the controller/vita with your bare hands!

I might even go for the plat on this beast.

Just a word of wisdom: this plat is impossible without ps+ cloud save. I do mean impossible. Without being able to abuse the cloud save option, this plat would be harder than SMB.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2017 at 10:03 PM, Phil said:

Just a word of wisdom: this plat is impossible without ps+ cloud save. I do mean impossible. Without being able to abuse the cloud save option, this plat would be harder than SMB.

Meat Boy requires many hours of practice. Entirely fair, has some of the best platforming controls I've seen in years and is completely doable. Definitely going to finish it up in the coming months.

Slain on the other hand is more comparable to Battletoads and Ninja Gaiden on the NES console. Basically if you run out of lives and continues you go all the way back to the start. That to me is much more rage inducing than Meat Boy.

Thank God for USB/Cloud saves. Never would of finished Pac Man without them.

Edited by Spaz

On 21/08/2017 at 11:38 PM, Spaz said:

Meat Boy requires many hours of practice. Entirely fair, has some of the best platforming controls I've seen in years and is completely doable. Definitely going to finish it up in the coming months.

Slain on the other hand is more comparable to Battletoads and Ninja Gaiden on the NES console. Basically if you run out of lives and continues you go all the way back to the start. That to me is much more rage inducing than Meat Boy.

Thank God for USB/Cloud saves. Never would of finished Pac Man without them.

I still need to go back to super meat boy at some point, badland too!

Do love the old school simplistic styled games, you feel more accomplished platting these ones haha

Just got the plat.

I was dreading the no magic playthrough but it was alot easier than i thought.

Lost count of the times I had to re dl my save from the cloud on the no death run, the cloud is a beautiful thing!

Toughest bits are getting some of the no damage/time boss fights but after a good few dozen tries you will get it.

Really fun game once you get into it and one of the best trophies 'headbang after defeating every boss'

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
On 12/8/2023 at 3:50 AM, WeeJ87 said:

Hi everyone, can you reply parts (level select) or do i need to restart the whole game again? I missed the "start as you mean to go on" trophy. Thanks 

Once you clear the first 2 areas, Bloodgrounds and Blood Tower, the witch will take you to the town where you can choose which location you want to run, and yes you can replay completed areas, you’ll have to do this if you’ve cloud saved anyway as some of the area trophies won’t unlock if you’ve downloaded a backup, once your there, replay the areas using mana, get to the end and pop the required trophy, then download your backup again so you can continue your no mana/death run, assuming your doing it all in 1 playthrough like I am

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 10:56 PM, Shmeefly said:

Once you clear the first 2 areas, Bloodgrounds and Blood Tower, the witch will take you to the town where you can choose which location you want to run, and yes you can replay completed areas, you’ll have to do this if you’ve cloud saved anyway as some of the area trophies won’t unlock if you’ve downloaded a backup, once your there, replay the areas using mana, get to the end and pop the required trophy, then download your backup again so you can continue your no mana/death run, assuming your doing it all in 1 playthrough like I am

Thank you Shmeefly for reply 🙂 what a really cool game this is am actually really surprised at how good it is and it runs very good on vita aswel.