How much of a grind does 'Making a Mint' feel like

Eraezr

If you don't enjoy the minigames you can AFK this with the right tools. I posted the method on playstationtrophies but basically if you use remote play on the computer and an auto key presser, you can mimic a turbo controller. Go to the mini game vendor at port zekson and have the auto key presser spam the enter key, and you'll be in a loop of starting chamballoon 2, completing it and getting coins, and starting the challenge again. Some might say it takes the fun out of it but if the grind seems tedious, it's an option.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I haven't started grinding for this trophy yet.  I just beat the game and still have the post game side quests to beat.  I tried finishing the one with the cameo characters and got my ass kicked so hard it collapsed on itself. ;_;  I'm hoping the levels I gain playing the bonus dungeon will make the fight a little easier.

• 1 month later...

Just as the tips says, combine playing slashbeat with post game leveling. Every time characters level, go back and play slash beat, the nature of leveling up makes it easy to beat your old score. Just some personal tips (1) I only used the Eizen, and his combo, because it was a lot easier to hit higher #s then with the other characters. I waited until after the last dungeon so I had access to the 3rd break soul. (2) the # of tales coins received is based on (a) how much damage you do and (b) what ranking you achieve. This important because if equal or beat your previous #1 score, you will get the highest number of coins (i.e. at level 80, with Eizen, I was doing over 1,000,000 damage which meant I made 1,500 tales coins for each time I beat or equaled my high score - you receive diminishing based on how many ranks below $1 you are). If you stick with the same combo, as described in the guide, it's easy to meet or beat your previous score multiple times per level, so each level I could get about ~5000 coins. There are ways to draw this out even more but it's long to explain (at the end I was able to get about 20,000 tales coins in a single level in about 20 minutes). It's a grind but not as bad as a solid B. Anyways, on leveling up I'd go play slashbeat for 15 minutes, then leave and check out other things, and once I leveled up up I'd go back and do the same thing.

Eh i enjoyed the card game so had a chunk of it out of the way already.

For those doing it in 2 playthroughs though dont forget about Chambaloon as the final level is a free 15-20k for the first completion and is easily done via Insubstantiality spam. The final puzzle in Katz Korner is another 10k for first completion but that might take you a bit too long pending your experience with them. Some variety to be had though either way.

• 2 months later...