SHOTGUNS help

juicetown123

I'm about to just give up the they shall not pass DLC trophies. No matter how close or far I am 80% of the time the shotgun misses or does little to no damage. It pisses me off! I'll unload 5 shells into someone and it does not matter if I'm 1 foot 5 feet or 10 feet away. And I have to get 15 of these kills in 1 match-.- anyone else have this problem?? Or do I just fail with shotguns

Edited by juicetown123
Edit title

24 minutes ago, juicetown123 said:

I'm about to just give up the they shall not pass DLC trophies. No matter how close or far I am 80% of the time the shotgun misses or does little to no damage. It pisses me off! I'll unload 5 shells into someone and it does not matter if I'm 1 foot 5 feet or 10 feet away. And I have to get 15 of these kills in 1 match-.- anyone else have this problem?? Or do I just fail with shotguns

I'm not sure if they buffed the shotgun damage, just try and get close to enemies, even better to flank them. Aiming for the head also does wonders sometimes you can easily kill them from a long range. Just keep trying and eventually you will get it, i can also drop you the specific weapon you need the kill with if you want it. Just send me a message if you'd like that

Edited by wuthg21

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2017 at 11:16 AM, Gloonix said:

You should also try Model 10-A Slug. It does decent damage even from a long distance.

Problem is, you have to get the 15 kills in a round with the M97 Trench Gun Hunter first. I already helped OP with the weapons.

stick to TDM or Domination. Real tight corners with lots of fighters. Anything larger and you'll be at the disadvantage of every other classes range. Domination is the best way to put yourself in a good position. Matches usually run clockwise or CCW, so you can cut off the enemy force and get in close for those kills just by paying attention to the map.

St Quentin's Scar and Suez on Dom are great places to put yourself in a good spot. TDM ... maybe Argonne and the two previously mentioned.

The trench gun is best at ~10 meters or less. Always aim for center mass with the shotgun. Shot's a wide spread, and although a head might seem like a good idea, you don't want to risk most of the shot going over or around and barely scratching the target. 1-2 shots at center mass is all it takes at 12m or less.

• Like 1