Why is this game called"DmC",not"DMC".

biotransformatio

I'm actually a little bit of a Devil May Cry newbie. Well apart from the media that was going around about the reboot and how alot of fans weren't too happy with the new style and play. If I was to play one of the previous games first which would be the definitive game that gives the full old school Devil May Cry experience?

I'm actually a little bit of a Devil May Cry newbie. Well apart from the media that was going around about the reboot and how alot of fans weren't too happy with the new style and play. If I was to play one of the previous games first which would be the definitive game that gives the full old school Devil May Cry experience?

My advice, purchase the Devil May Cry HD Collection (which has the first 3 games) and play them in order. My personal favorite is the original followed by the 3rd, but it's worth it to play them in order.

Parker

• Like 1

My advice, purchase the Devil May Cry HD Collection (which has the first 3 games) and play them in order. My personal favorite is the original followed by the 3rd, but it's worth it to play them in order.

Parker

Do you mean play them in order of release, or chronological order? The chronological order is 3, 1, 4, 2. In my personal opinion, the best two to start off with would be either 3 or 4, as the combat is far more user-friendly and responsive.

• Like 1

Do you mean play them in order of release, or chronological order? The chronological order is 3, 1, 4, 2. In my personal opinion, the best two to start off with would be either 3 or 4, as the combat is far more user-friendly and responsive.

Was just about to mention this; though the actual order is 3 -> 1 -> Anime Series (worth watching) -> 4 -> 2.

Minor change, but an import inclusion.

Was just about to mention this; though the actual order is 3 -> 1 -> Anime Series (worth watching) -> 4 -> 2.

These two have it 100% correct but there is also a manga that goes before DMC3 if you want more backstory.

As for DmC being called that as opposed to DMC it is because it is a reboot and a poor one at that, so much of the old has been either removed or executed poorly Dante is no longer Dante in personality or appearance and the game feels slower from what I've tried. Not only that but the whole lore, Dante's personality and backstory were rewritten leaving just very faint remains of the old and DMC3 alone will show how much was changed for this new iteration.

Best way I see it: DmC is to the Devil May Cry series as the live action Resident Evil films are to the Resident Evil gaming franchise; a flashy, new concept that takes what you've spent much time, money, sweat and tears, added explosions, sex appeal, and swearing, then takes characters you're familiar with and portrays them with unfamiliar actors -- and just takes your money.

Not saying that DmC is as bad as those RE films, it's even an acceptable game in portions; it just won't ever be AS great. Maybe with a follow-up, but it's not there yet.

Still pretty proud of Ninja Theory either way; it plays well for what it is. Now if only they'd work on the Enslaved sequel.

• Like 1

For one; don't use quotation marks in a title if you don't know how to use them properly.

I think it's just to signify its a different title than the first one. I know nothing about the franchise but assume the first one was DMC, so differentiate then made it DmC.

Sorry but in chinese,the usage of quotation marks should be like that.

I was aware of the anime (It's one of my favourites to be honest), but I figured because this is a gaming site, I didn't really need to mention it, I'm guessing by import, you mean important?. I think if people really like the original Devil May Cry, they should watch the anime, it's a pity it's so short though.

Edited by Blanc_WhiteHeart

• 1 month later...

My guess would be since this is a reboot, they want to differentiate the way the abbreviation of the name is written compared to how it was for the original quadrilogy. I seriously doubt I would be getting this game though, it looks nothing like the Devil May Cry I've grown to love.

This is the Devil may cry we all love. Plus just download the costume they have a dmc3 dante skin. Makes the game more enjoyable

• 3 years later...