Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (snes) retro review

siuilarun

It's kind of cool to see since I'm playing my first Final Fantasy game now. It really reminds me of Pokémon, well, in fairness, I should say Pokémon reminds me of Final Fantasy. The battle system feels slow by today's standards though, but patience is a great virtue, so I have fun with it. Great review!

....and where you trying to say goodbye in Russian at the end? haha

Ah Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. This is like your how to play basic RPGs type of game. It was ok, not the best FF spin-off still it has it's moments. If this were to be released today I'd think it might fair better with more youngsters buying it.

It came out in 92. I was 5. And the box said on it that it was basically an entry level rpg. So id say it was targeted for younger ages and more casual players to draw people in

Great review. I love that you have the original games and literature. I enjoyed this game. The very 1st Final Fantasy spinoff of many to come.

It's good to place a face with a name...although I'm not quite sure how to pronounce your name :P Did I hear "shill-a-rune" ?

I say it's a solid game..BUT seemed like only part of a complete game. It's obviously not of FF2 & 3's pedigree but in it's time, deserved to be played.

• Like 1

It's good to place a face with a name...although I'm not quite sure how to pronounce your name :P Did I hear "shill-a-rune" ?

Siuilarun is Shool uh roon (in a southern accent, anyway), it's an Irish folksong:

[media=]

[/media] Why is a Irish Folksong sung from the perspective of a woman my ID? Like any great screen name, it's a long story. Edited by siuilarun