Is there a way to play on Vita with PS3 version ?

Hi everyone.

So first things first, I apologize if I make grammar mistakes and/or if you don't understand my point since my English is a bit rusty.

Months ago, I bought the first Trails of Cold Steel game on PS3 but I didn't know what to expect. I just told myself it'd be a game to kill time. And I started playing the game only yesterday and fun fact: I'm completely drown to it, it's addictive as hell and I wanted to know if there was a way for me to play the game on Vita (y'know, since I work and I lose like 4 hours a day to go to work, I wanted to play the game on my Vita since the game seems pretty lengthy). And I don't know if that's important to add but I bought the game on the PS Store.

Soooo, if people could tell me, I'd be really happy ! Thanks !

5 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Only remote play, otherwise you have to buy the vita version

Duh, I thought so, just wanted to make sure... But damn, seriously why don't they give us access to all console versions when you buy a game on the Store ? Tsk.

Well I guess it answers the question, thank you !

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

No idea, I bought the vita version. It should say if it does or not on the back of the case on the OP version

Assuming it says "Remote Play Supported" on the back of the box like it does on PS4 games, I don't see that anywhere. It just says that it supports cross-save between the two versions.

Spoiler

H0yxOdv.jpg

On 11/09/2017 at 2:39 AM, chellesan said:

i dont think most ps3 games support remote play

Yep, there's not much PS3 games that support remote play unfortunately...

On 11/09/2017 at 2:30 AM, Property_Damage said:

This is purely my opinion but if the game came out post the vitas launch, then remote play should work, games that came out pre vita launch aren't supported via remote play

I tried to play the game on Vita via the remote play but it doesn't work, that's too bad... But yeah, what you said is logical and I agree, it should be supported, I don't understand why developers don't think that way

http://www.vitaplayer.co.uk/list-of-ps-vita-remote-play-compatible-games/

Remote play on PS3 should be one of the less used features on the platform, it's not even closer to PS4 remote play which is a lot more popular.

You can transfer your savedata between PS3 and PS Vita (and even the second game once you finish the game) and continue from there. But that's all.

Edited by Katt