Online play on vita

I'm thinking about picking this up since it's on sale right now but I have a question.  I don't have PS+, can I still do the online portion on the vita?  And are the servers still up?  I just want to know how hard this online trophy is since I rarely play any games online and I don't want it to get in the way of the plat.

14 minutes ago, Alternatewarning said:

I'm thinking about picking this up since it's on sale right now but I have a question.  I don't have PS+, can I still do the online portion on the vita?  And are the servers still up?  I just want to know how hard this online trophy is since I rarely play any games online and I don't want it to get in the way of the plat.

PS+ is never required to go online on the Vita, only for the PS4.

14 minutes ago, Alternatewarning said:

You can play online on Vita and PS3 without PS+, it's just PS4 that requires you to have it. As for the game's servers, I can't say for sure since I don't know a whole lot about the game, but it only came out a few years ago, so it would be strange if they closed them this soon.

Servers are up. The online trophy is not hard since you can fight AIs instead real players. But it's buggy, everytime you win an online battle, SAVE, then go fight again. That's because the game can stuck in the connecting screen and you would need to close the game and start it again, and that way, lose points/victories.