Questions regarding buying psn content from other regions

Leaderboards

Not gonna read through everything, but I can vouch for play-asia for PSN cards from other regions. I bought a German one from there and the price was very reasonable.

As you can guess, a German PSN card is for the German store only. There are at least some regional differences, so be mindful.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Trophy Hunter said:

Snip: Trophy Hunter said a lot of cool stuff

I was able to buy what I wanted months ago, but thank you for your amazing and well-written tips.You are my hero...ine!

I didn't know you can do that with PayPal, gonna try it sometime!

3 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Not gonna read through everything, but I can vouch for play-asia for PSN cards from other regions. I bought a German one from there and the price was very reasonable.

As you can guess, a German PSN card is for the German store only. There are at least some regional differences, so be mindful.

You were not elected to read, but to LEAD!

Damn your avatar is creepy. Thanks for nightmares!

Edited by Primeape
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
42 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

You would probably be looking at Malaysia then? I think south Korea uses the jp lists, and you can't buy off their store anyways

Ok! I ask because Mr.Pumpkin Adventure has a HK list and an AS list while Midnight Deluxe has only an AS list.

Sorry to hijack a thread with my own question, but I thought it best not to duplicate. 

I'm going to the US next week and figured it would be an easy time to get US PSN credit. I haven't yet got a US account but want one in case of good sales or banned or delisted games on the EU store. 

I was wondering whether it is indeed cheaper to buy in the US, as I'm not sure about the local tax situation. I'm going to Las Vegas, New Orleans, Memphis and Florida. And once I have the credit it would be OK to create a profile registered at a US address and use it on my UK PS4 as a "Primary" so I can still get trophies on my main account right? 

Any guidance would be appreciated. 

Edited by thefourfoldroot

32 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Sorry to hijack a thread with my own question, but I thought it best not to duplicate. 

I'm going to the US next week and figured it would be an easy time to get US PSN credit. I haven't yet got a US account but want one in case of good sales or banned or delisted games on the EU store. 

I was wondering whether it is indeed cheaper to buy in the US, as I'm not sure about the local tax situation. I'm going to Las Vegas, New Orleans, Memphis and Florida. And once I have the credit it would be OK to create a profile registered at a US address and use it on my UK PS4 as a "Primary" so I can still get trophies on my main account right? 

Tax - you need a US address to create a US account. Choose an address in a state w/o taxes.

Even better, create a Canadian account. Same stuff, no taxes, often cheaper prices. PSN cards: www.pcgamesupply.com

Trophies - install CA account on your PS4, download game, log in with your main account, and you're good to go. No need to change or set anything.

Edit: there might be CA states that charge taxes too. Just fyi.

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

You can create a NA account at any point and set it to primary. I have accounts from many regions I've never been to set as my primary account so I can get trophies on my main account.

I've never actually bought a physical PSN card, so I might not be that much help. I do know that Florida doesn't charge tax on digital purchases, so when you make your US account use a Florida address. I don't think there is tax on PSN money cards at all since it's virtually a gift card and whenever I buy an online code I am not taxed

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

OK thanks guys. I guess I'll look into the Canada thing if its the same but cheaper. I had the impression Canada has a problem with censorship, but maybe I'm wrong and it only would matter for some games. I'll keep the florid no tax thing in mind. 

They slowly started to adjust prices. It used to be the same price USD / CAD, so the CA store was much cheaper. 

It's not like back then (since perhaps a year or so),  but CA prices are at least equal to and in quite a few instances still cheaper than the US ones.

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 1