Did the vanilla version of Dark Souls II receive SOTFS update

Leaderboards

Does the vanilla version of Dark Souls II have the new item and enemy placement of the PS4 version?

Specific example: Staff of Wisdom was located in Dragon Aerie, then moved to Tseldora. Does the original PS3 version make the change or is it still in Dragon Aerie?

Also is the online community still active, just enough to get 30 sunlight medals? Probably via Smelter Demon boss.

Edited by TurdFlingingApe

22 minutes ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

I read somewhere that the PS3 version got some sort of updates, maybe it was just graphics or something.

Through what sort of circumstances in life leads one to make a name like 'TurdFlingingApe'? 

Also if you could confirm that everything is available to be gotten offline, would appreciate

i've gotten the 100% completly offline in 10hours straight. so i can confirm you can get the plat offline. you'll need to do two and a half NG grab everything that's needed and that's it :) there isn't much challenge on the trophies it more going trough NG+ and ++ that is challenging ^^ good luck and have fun.

50 minutes ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

Does the vanilla version of Dark Souls II have the new item and enemy placement of the PS4 version?

Specific example: Staff of Wisdom was located in Dragon Aerie, then moved to Tseldora. Does the original PS3 version make the change or is it still in Dragon Aerie?

Also is the online community still active, just enough to get 30 sunlight medals? Probably via Smelter Demon boss.

Yeah, it got the SotFS update. I bought the vanilla version and downloaded all the patches. IIRC the items and enemies aren't affected, the patch only adds the story and extra final boss from SotFS.

When I played it last year the community was still active and I got the majority of the sunlight medals from Shrine of Amana (or whatever it's called). The boss is very easy: it's slow and pretty much tells you which attack it's going to do before executing it. But if you get hit, you'll take massive damage. Most of the people I helped were really bad at memorizing attacks, so it was easy to farm the medals. Smelter Demon, The Rotten, Old Iron King, and that prisoner boss were also good opportunities to get medals easily.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...