PS+ October 2017

Platinum_Vice

Wow. That list knocks my socks off! The Vita list is lackluster (what else is new?), but the the other lists are quite nice.

However, I seem to recall that Konami put some strange patch in MGSV which made the plat far more annoying unless you used microtransactions?

Edited by starcrunch061

On 2017-9-28 at 8:47 AM, starcrunch061 said:

However, I seem to recall that Konami put some strange patch in MGSV which made the plat far more annoying unless you used microtransactions?

The difference, if I recall correctly, is that containers always had the same amount of resources before the patch. After the game was patched, the containers from a previous completed mission will have a lot less amount of resources (they won't be there if you fultoned them in free roam in case you play a mission in that area, or viceversa). In order to get the full amount of resources of a previous completed mission back, people have to play and complete other missions (usually 2 - 3) before the containers with the correct amount of resources respawn in the first completed mission. Not a big deal in my opinion. 

Also, people can play singleplayer FOB/events missions and can harvest the resources there. Also completing these events will give you rewards (resources and MB coins too).

Edited by Deceptrox

On 9/30/2017 at 0:13 PM, Deceptrox said:

The difference, if I recall correctly, is that containers always had the same amount of resources before the patch. After the game was patched, the containers from a previous completed mission will have a lot less amount of resources (they won't be there if you fultoned them in free roam in case you play a mission in that area, or viceversa). In order to get the full amount of resources of a previous completed mission back, people have to play and complete other missions (usually 2 - 3) before the containers with the correct amount of resources respawn in the first completed mission. Not a big deal in my opinion. 

Also, people can play singleplayer FOB/events missions and can harvest the resources there. Also completing these events will give you rewards (resources and MB coins too).

Are you certain about this? This is solely a matter of convenience for me; I can play the disc version, though in shorter intervals, so if this is simply commentary on "play the game and don't worry about trophies", it's unnecessary; I'll play the game anyway.

I ask because I'm literally looking right now at this trophy guide, and he says that the difference means "dozens to hundreds of hours". If this is no longer the case, do let me know; it would be more convenient simply to play the digital version.

39 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Are you certain about this? This is solely a matter of convenience for me; I can play the disc version, though in shorter intervals, so if this is simply commentary on "play the game and don't worry about trophies", it's unnecessary; I'll play the game anyway.

I ask because I'm literally looking right now at this trophy guide, and he says that the difference means "dozens to hundreds of hours". If this is no longer the case, do let me know; it would be more convenient simply to play the digital version.

Why don't you check that? I can't at the moment. Yes, the game takes several hours to platinum since you need to recruit soldiers, harvest resources, S-rank missions, complete objectives within missions, etc. You won't have much trouble with most resources except fuel, but there are a few missions that have containets worth 10k of fuel resources.

Edited by Deceptrox