Opinions?

its not meant to be a mgs game tho is it?... its meant to be an extention of raidens character/story within the mgs setting to give the character a franchise of his own which is what this is... probably not really needed but its a refreshin break away from mgs which has become slightly stale since mgs3 imo...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

• 4 weeks later...

This game is freaking fantastic. I have played this game multiple times in the past and have decided to come back to it for the trophies which is going to a tough one. 

So about the game:

You can probably already tell that I love this game. And for me it wasn't the music that made me love this game ( although it did play some part in it because the OST is also amazing) it was the fact that you play as bad a** Raiden from MGS 4 (yes I know he was the protagonist for MGS 2 but he has a completely different play style in 4 and Rising). 

The thing most people will complain about is that this is not a MGS game. Well its not, it literally says in the title that it is not a MGS game. It is rising not solid. So just from that distinction you can already tell that it probably isnt going to involve a lot of stealth mechanics, but even so you still have the option to stealth the game at points. This game still takes place in the same Metal Gear universe but it just tells Raidens' story after the events of MGS4. 

Oh and if you don't have the game because you don't want to buy the dlcs well shame on you because last time I checked they where all free except for the VR missions.

• Like 1

This game is freaking fantastic. I have played this game multiple times in the past and have decided to come back to it for the trophies which is going to a tough one. 

So about the game:

You can probably already tell that I love this game. And for me it wasn't the music that made me love this game ( although it did play some part in it because the OST is also amazing) it was the fact that you play as bad a** Raiden from MGS 4 (yes I know he was the protagonist for MGS 2 but he has a completely different play style in 4 and Rising). 

The thing most people will complain about is that this is not a MGS game. Well its not, it literally says in the title that it is not a MGS game. It is rising not solid. So just from that distinction you can already tell that it probably isnt going to involve a lot of stealth mechanics, but even so you still have the option to stealth the game at points. This game still takes place in the same Metal Gear universe but it just tells Raidens' story after the events of MGS4. 

Oh and if you don't have the game because you don't want to buy the dlcs well shame on you because last time I checked they where all free except for the VR missions.

Sadly, it sounds like the DLC is only free in US/Canada regions but other than that I wholeheartedly agree with everything you have said.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

it is not bad overall but playing on the highest difficulty and some of the VR missions really show the lack of polish on the controls. it is not part of the Solid series only the Metal Gear series. also i think they should have stuck with the time frame between MGS2 and MGS4. but plat games said that was too restrictive, how can a 10 year (estimate) gap that we know NOTHING about be restrictive?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It is a good game, but I am stuck on VR mission 18. I have gotten to the third wave in a short time, but screw up in the end. Now I cannot even get past round 2, as if you cannot parry the Mastiff's perfectly, you might as well start over. I feel like I am never going to get this platinum as I really want it in my case! 

• 3 weeks later...

I got no words to describe my love for this game.. MGR is my favorite game I ever played! I didn't expect I could love an action game that much *-* <3 ('cause I actually prefer creative games ^-^') The story, gameplay, characters, & BGM.. Everything!!

Even though I beat the game I still play it over & over! 4 me, it's not just a game, it's an interest by itself! & I think it deserves more than a sequel..

• Like 2

Well Rising is my first MGS game, so...I can't compare it to the others. But in my opinion this game is quite addicting and good, it's fun tearing people into many pieces. The soundtrack is quite intriguing as well, hmm the graphics are also outstanding. I'd rate it a 10/10 can't find anything bad about the game really it's a great game. Especially if you enjoy cutting things...

• Like 2

• 6 years later...

I loved this game when it dropped back in 2013. I got a good number of the Achievements on Xbox 360 and now I'm replaying it (in 2021) on my PS4 and it's still an incredible game. I wish Platinum Games were still making games on Playstation... I miss them so much. I have a Switch but have yet to play Astral Chain but have gone through both Bayonetta games on Switch which were stellar. 

I hope that Platinum come back one day to do another take on this type of game in the Metal Gear universe. It's such a unique and exhilarating game.

• 7 months later...

It certainly is different from the other games in the series, but it's a nice change of pace. The gameplay is pretty good and it basically forces you to get better, if you're aiming for the platinum. It also has some really good boss battles and an excellent soundtrack. Oh, and can't forget about one the game is known for: memes. It seems that the game has gained even more popularity, thanks to these and especially on YouTube. Feels like everyone wants to get their own share of them, but I enjoy watching them.

• 9 months later...