Any tips on defeating the King?

So, obviously I've been playing on mastermind difficulty, I've managed to progress through the game without many problems (other than a dozen glitches and game crashes), now I'm fighting The King, which I believe is the last  but one boss fight and I'm really having trouble, does anyone a good party setup, I can get to the last phase but my party just get annihilated.

Any help will be appreciated! :)  

I used the plantmancer abilities as well. Definitely the best class. The healing and bleeding powers are amazing. I used fire and bleeding along with 44% increase to status effect damage and it worked amazingly. I had the crack baby DNA for increased power for the fire and blood too.

I used same setup on the Morgan Freeman fight too and he died really quick due to having bleeding and fire damage every turn, along with using the plantmancer heal to cleanse the gross out and increase attack.

And if you have a summon fart you can get two heals off without having to wait two turns.

• Like 1

It took me 50 minutes to do all these battles. I barely won the last one, the constant bleeding was the biggest issue for me. I used the elementalist's heal (curses status effects and increases attack in addition to the healing), the plantmancer's super (dat revive/heal), and I used the ranged fire ability from one of the starting classes... and then a bleeding move that shot in a + direction.

Had I known what was coming, I would have focused my first attacks differently to focus down what's hsi face who kept doing damage to everybody and inflicting bleed the entire time. That was the biggest issue for me, even after killing two other characters I still kept dying a ton. As soon as he was defeated I never died again. Granted there were only two enemies at that point, but still

I used 3 tank characters. Call girl, tubawear and captain diabeties. And used artifacts that greatly raised my ultimate. Every time I got to use the new kid I had full ultimate. Used the assassin special which took massive damaged and caused bleeding. I also unlocked the time fart that allowed me to clone myself. Beat him very easily first time on mastermind using this method. Hope that helps anybody else struggling. 

• Like 1