Theory: Unlocking Peace in Death without finishing Shadow Wars.

How is this possible? I'm in Stage 10 and after defending Cirith Ungol (it was the third siege I've done) I got the trophy when I still had to defend Gorgoroth to end Shadow Wars. Also mentioning I have a friend that got the trophy after completing Stage 8. Is it possible that if you complete the sieges in a certain order, it could confuse the game and give you the trophy?

UPDATE: Shadow Wars has been updated and it has significantly gotten easier and shorter. Because of that, I am now locking this thread.

Edited by omnx-supak
add more info

Well it is impossible to watch the cutscene because it removed the missions from my quest menu. Yes I do have the order.

Mine:

Stage 1 - Cirith Ungol

Stage 2 - Nurnen

Stage 3 - Seregost

Stage 4 - Gorgoroth

Stage 5 - Cirith Ungol

Stage 5 - Nurnen

Stage 6 - Seregost

Stage 6 - Gorgoroth

Stage 7 - Nurnen

Stage 7 - Seregost

Stage 8 - Nurnen

Stage 8 - Cirith Ungol

Stage 8 - Gorgoroth

Stage 9 - Cirith Ungol

Stage 9 - Seregost

Stage 9 - Gorgoroth

Stage 10 - Nurnen

Stage 10 - Seregost

Stage 10 - Cirith Ungol (Trophy Unlocked)

Stage 10 - Gorgoroth (Removed from quests)

My friend did the same order up to stage 8 but instead of defending he lost Gorgoroth on stage 4, 6, 8 and attacked it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2017 at 8:52 PM, DamnedEyez said:

For me, the trophy popped before the last defense, when I changed the overlord. The quest and cutscene still required me to play the mission, but swapping in a new, more powerful uruk caused the trophy pop.

same for me, still had to play the last defense for the cutscene though

• 3 years later...
42 minutes ago, rad1calleft said:

Yeah this looked like it popped early for me as well. I only done 1 defence for each fortress including DLC & 1 recapture which then popped the trophy. So about 6 missions in total or thereabouts. (About 47 hours on the save)

The game was patched so that Shadow Wars is shorter and easier than before. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is definitely shorter. I was in stage 3, lost the last siege as a defender and after I recaptured the fortress the trophy popped. Note that I didn't complete stage 3, I still had to do a defend mission. In total I did 7 missions of which 1 failed. 

On 1/17/2021 at 9:41 AM, Cauvuh_Lakrwa said:

It is definitely shorter. I was in stage 3, lost the last siege as a defender and after I recaptured the fortress the trophy popped. Note that I didn't complete stage 3, I still had to do a defend mission. In total I did 7 missions of which 1 failed. 

Jeez, I wished I played this now instead of back then.