Complete Edition compatibility?

The_Kopite

Hi, I haven't started this game yet (Shock horror! lol) but my wife has played a fair bit, and we were wondering if we bought the complete edition when it comes out, will her save file be compatible with that?

We had this problem with Middle Earth:Shadow of Mordor, where she had played a bit, then we got the GOTY for very cheap at the time from Game, and her save file was not compatible.

Thanks anyone for any information you can provide :)

30 minutes ago, MeteorHawk said:

If not, I would also hope that means, like SoM, it is getting a separate trophy list. I'd buy it again! 1f602.png

Why do we do this? i hate myself for it lol. but its just so much fun playing it again for trophies am i right? If they give it a new trophy list i'd buy it again in a heartbeat. but i wouldn't play it again if it didn't.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

Why do we do this? i hate myself for it lol. but its just so much fun playing it again for trophies am i right? If they give it a new trophy list i'd buy it again in a heartbeat. but i wouldn't play it again if it didn't.

Hahaha no need to hate yourself, you're not alone! I've always done my best to give games more than one playthrough especially if I enjoy them. What I've played in Horizon so far has been awesome so I know I'd be giving it another run through anyway. Since I'm lucky enough to have the disposable income too then I may as well get another set of shiny stuff to go with it!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi! Can anyone please help me? My PS4's primary account is a Romanian (EU) account, and I've been playing Horizon Zero Dawn on my US account, the disc being CUSA-01021 (EU) version. If I buy the Complete Edition on my Romanian EU account from the RO PSN Store, can I still play on my US account with my old saves? I wouldn't want to start the game again. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2018 at 5:21 PM, orangewafflle said:

Hi! Can anyone please help me? My PS4's primary account is a Romanian (EU) account, and I've been playing Horizon Zero Dawn on my US account, the disc being CUSA-01021 (EU) version. If I buy the Complete Edition on my Romanian EU account from the RO PSN Store, can I still play on my US account with my old saves? I wouldn't want to start the game again. Thanks!

I have the same situation for my Indian account. I had the US version main game via physical disc, then I bought DLC with my account (country India) that did not work. Then I got the complete version disc (US region). The save games are compatible only if you have the same region codes. When you select continue, the game takes around 10 minutes to check and copy your old saves.

• 3 weeks later...

Surprisingly, no one ever answered the original question... Yes, the standard save is compatible. It simply copied my previous standard save - you'll see notice this on the loading screen after you've selected continue for the first time from the menu (of HZD CE).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I can confirm if you own the original HZD game and upgrade to the Complete edition, your original save file will work. I did it this past month, just takes several mins to upgrade the file. Remember tho, if you own the original game for NA format, will only work for NA version of Complete edition. You must stay in the same region format. 

Edited by SaltyT3xan
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...