Rainbow Skies physical editions revealed

ShadowStar83x

Eastasiasoft has revealed there will be a standard and limited edition of Rainbow Skies for PS4 and Vita. These will be exclusively offered on PlayAsia, but obviously they can be shipped anywhere. The limited editions will be manufactured to demand, so preorders will be open until the end of February. The current estimated ship date is mid 2018.

Both limited editions contain the following:

• Rainbow Skies Collector’s Box
  • Rainbow Skies Game
  • Rainbow Skies Manual
  • Rainbow Skies Melodies 2CD Original Soundtrack
  • Rainbow Skies Book of Knowledge
  • Rainbow Skies Map
  • Rainbow Skies Numbered Certificate

The limited editions are $49.99 and the standard editions are $29.99. For more info and links to preorder: http://rainbow-skies.com/news_47_new-trailer-pre-order-announcement.html

Seriously considering preordering the PS4 limited edition.

rainbow-skies-limited-edition-playasia-c

rainbow-skies-limited-edition-playasia-c

rainbow-skies-playasia-com-exclusive-541

rainbow-skies-playasia-com-exclusive-541

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

I'm wondering if any of those games might get a seperate trophy list...

I just asked them.

Rainbow Skies PS4/Vita/PS3 will share one list because of Cross-Save support. However digital/physical will most likely have separate lists.

Rainbow Moon physical is identical to the Limited Run release trophy list.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

I just asked them.

Rainbow Skies PS4/Vita/PS3 will share one list because of Cross-Save support. However digital/physical will most likely have separate lists.

Rainbow Moon physical is identical to the Limited Run release trophy list.

Thanks, dude!

Rainbow Moon was my favourite game on the PS3.  I have been following and waiting for Rainbow Skies for a long time now.  I am likely going to pre-order both collectors editions.  The pre-orders will be open until the end of February, and then that will likely be all they make.

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to share the news about "Monster Breeding" I received via newsletter today.

Rainbow Skies' Monster Breeding feature allows you to breed monsters, add them to your team and take them into battle. Monster Breeding is mostly optional for completing the main story, but it's inevitable if you want to get the most out of your battle setup and defeat some of the toughest enemies.

Monster Eggs have different rarities and drop from defeated enemies. Once you have obtained your first egg, it is time to head to the Monster Farm and get hatching and training! Make sure to come visit your egg as much as possible — rumour has it you could be rewarded!

Once your monster has hatched, you can pick it up from the Monster Farm and add it to your team. If you would like to take your monster into battle just add it to your battle party! Only monsters in your active battle party can gain experience points and level up. If you have a lot of monsters in your team and don't want them to fall behind, you can toughen them up by sending them into Monster Training.

Monsters that aren't in your battle party and instead have been sent into training will also earn experience points and level up whenever you are victorious in battle. While they are safe and protected from any harm, their total XP gained during training is slightly lower. 

Monsters are treated just like your main characters, which means that all the same options and features are available to them! That means they can be team leaders, equip & upgrade their equipment, learn both passive & active skills, and even name them! 

For me, this sounds like an interesting feature and I'm considering getting this game - even if I haven't played Rainbow Moon.

By the way, for all those who want to get a physical copy of the game, you better hurry.

You may now place your order for both Rainbow Skies and Rainbow Moon at Play-Asia.comAll orders of Rainbow Skies and/or Rainbow Moon that are placed before March 1 will be guaranteed. Availability will be extremely limited, so please take the steps necessary to ensure you do not miss out on the only production.