King of battle's Something Something Chronicles Returns

kingofbattle8174

100% completed

Sec82dc.png What Remains of Edith Fitch

1Sfc0357.png Everything Ends

I seem to have a thing right now for family curses as I am also working on Black Mirror. I know this game was not on my list I threw out the other day but I have my reasons for starting it. So the other day I was watching streaming videos on the PS4 with the kids, including like an hour of Untitled Goose Game and they have been bugging us to play that since. So to throw them off I started something entirely different that would not be too long. It is a neat little title here, I laughed so much a times. You are probably not supposed to but I did. Be warned it is a walking sim, and is close to Gone Home as you get new bits of information as you move forward and interact with certain things or read the diaries of past family members. Every one in the family has met the end in a tragic and often bizarre way. It began to resemble 1000 ways to die by halfway through. The house and backgrounds themselves are pretty varied and entertaining, you do not really go backwards at any point, so it almost an on rails experience with no rails. The diaries have bunch of really weird minigames, the one where you are chopping fish and moving a character at the same time is perhaps my favorite. I got the game through PS Plus but it is worth a buy as well. 

Other Progress

Black Mirror 10/22  23% >>> 14/22  48%

Edited by kingofbattle8174

Platinum # 66

S59e128.png Road Bustle

1Sadcd92.png Platinum Deliveryman

Consider this one an experiment on my part. The glitch that makes this game counter keep moving as you are on an obstacle may seem like an easy way to beat this game. Me I grew up on frogger. So I did this game both ways and while yes it really does work that way it actually is shorter to do it legitimate. 

So this one here I did for the plat using the "hack" as you can term it. A score of 16, 318 in 5:34. Not too bad. You only need to cross about three intersections to get to this restaurant and stay there. 

So the next time doing it legitimate, A higher score in less time. I did make use of any vehicle I could find as you can get across multiple roads easily before it expires. Do that, hop on the next one and it bumps you up really well. I do think they set the score bar way too low for this game. But for on sale at 60 cents a pop it gives a good initial cash flow what do you expect. this game may replace Mayo as the easiest game on the platform as you really have to not actually try to get this one since the bar is so low. 

Platinum # 67

S25aaa5.png Black Mirror

1Sfa7879.png Every Trophy Accomplished

The most I can say about this game is that it give me an E for the A-Z plat name challenge as well as Game by Number. It is supposed to be a sort of creepy psychological horror mystery surrounding a scottish estate and a family curse. The game though is clunky as you move around only a bit better than an early RE game. Graphics, even for cut scenes felt for an older console and had weird texture issues. Like when there is blood on a person, it does not lay right. You can still see the body part underneath and that they have this overtop. Sloppy things like that are annoying, where it does not mesh right. 

Fall Playlist update

Story Completed:

S448c5c.png

6Sec2ecd.png Thank You for Playing

Yes I started another game without finishing something else first, but as long as in the end I get my whole list done, I will be happy. This one is just a fun little title to blow off steam. To play all the way through only took a few hours but now I have all the cleanup of random things to do and one area to get the last chore, as some how the soap vanished and while trying to find it all the laundry goes back where it belongs. It doesn't help I stole the newspaper and put it in the shop so the guy is not distracted at all. I see that the multiplayer comes out tomorrow, so the speed runs should be simple since the game does not specify a single player. 

Other Updates 

Seasons After Fall  9/22   39%>>>> 12/22  48%

Not much to write on here. Slowly making my way through this. Not a hard game but not keeping my interest for long at a time. I play maybe a hour at most at a time. 

ManEater  0%>>>>  5/33  08%

This one is alot of fun. I have been holding of on getting it because of the price but for my Bday I got it with my PSn gift card. My first real kill was a unicorn floaty and it was so worth it. Crunching on unsuspecting humans never seems to gets old. 

• Like 1

Hey! I took a look at your trophy list and I couldn't find out what sort of games you like, lol. You play so many different things and seem to drop a lot of games I would consider worth a, longer, try. Sorry if it sounds like I'm judging you, I swear I'm not trying to. I just found the variety of games a bit staggering.

What made me feel a bit sad though is that I saw Persona 5 with just a single trophy D=. That game was so enjoyable for me. I did play the Royal version which has a much easier trophy list, mroe content, and some quality of life improvements, but even if you don't go for the Plat in the original version it's still worth the time. That is assuming you have a lot of time... It can easily take you 100 hours to simply beat the game, lol.

ManEater does look like one of those dumb fun games though.

1 hour ago, AndresLionheart said:

Hey! I took a look at your trophy list and I couldn't find out what sort of games you like, lol. You play so many different things and seem to drop a lot of games I would consider worth a, longer, try. Sorry if it sounds like I'm judging you, I swear I'm not trying to. I just found the variety of games a bit staggering.

What made me feel a bit sad though is that I saw Persona 5 with just a single trophy D=. That game was so enjoyable for me. I did play the Royal version which has a much easier trophy list, mroe content, and some quality of life improvements, but even if you don't go for the Plat in the original version it's still worth the time. That is assuming you have a lot of time... It can easily take you 100 hours to simply beat the game, lol.

ManEater does look like one of those dumb fun games though.

Yes i know it is a bit of a mess. Dont worry about it. I do tend to get distracted, try something else, say I am going back to it someday. I know I am guilty of forgetting some real good treasures  in there. Persona was fun, what I played of it. Length does not matter. I used to play lots of longer games. I think my longest was Xenogears at like130 hours. Time dedicated to playing does matter though.  I do not get alot of time, as if i play too much i get comments. 

Sometimes I find trying to decide how to trim it down staggering at times. I want to get all this stuff down, but i still have a decent sized un_played backlog and still buying new stuff occasionally but that last part has slowed down. I need to find a good plan to get it looking better and keep to it.

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Yes i know it is a bit of a mess. Dont worry about it. I do tend to get distracted, try something else, say I am going back to it someday. I know I am guilty of forgetting some real good treasures  in there. Persona was fun, what I played of it. Length does not matter. I used to play lots of longer games. I think my longest was Xenogears at like130 hours. Time dedicated to playing does matter though.  I do not get alot of time, as if i play too much i get comments. 

Sometimes I find trying to decide how to trim it down staggering at times. I want to get all this stuff down, but i still have a decent sized un_played backlog and still buying new stuff occasionally but that last part has slowed down. I need to find a good plan to get it looking better and keep to it.

One thing as a time is how I deal with my backlog. I also trimmed down a lot of the fad by really thinking through if I wanted to play certain games at all. It's especially important to only dedicate time to things you REALLY want to play if you can't play as much as you would like.

One day I sat down and separated all games into high priority and low priority. The idea was that I wasn't as interested in the low priority ones so I would leave them until the high priority ones were completed. The result was that I ended up never playing the low priority ones, lol. It may sound bad when put like this, but it helped me trim the list a good bit and focus on what was really important.

But hey, having a bunch of games in the backlog is not that bad in times when a new gen is upon us. You can hold on making the jump for longer. Me personally I think I will wait until a few of the launch games go down in price. There is no way I'm paying them $70 for a new game. Those for sure are going into the "wait until at least 30% discount" list.

3 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

One thing as a time is how I deal with my backlog. I also trimmed down a lot of the fad by really thinking through if I wanted to play certain games at all. It's especially important to only dedicate time to things you REALLY want to play if you can't play as much as you would like.

One day I sat down and separated all games into high priority and low priority. The idea was that I wasn't as interested in the low priority ones so I would leave them until the high priority ones were completed. The result was that I ended up never playing the low priority ones, lol. It may sound bad when put like this, but it helped me trim the list a good bit and focus on what was really important.

But hey, having a bunch of games in the backlog is not that bad in times when a new gen is upon us. You can hold on making the jump for longer. Me personally I think I will wait until a few of the launch games go down in price. There is no way I'm paying them $70 for a new game. Those for sure are going into the "wait until at least 30% discount" list.

It will most likely be a year before i get the next gen. It is not the priority of funds, i did just get the vr this year as well for a gift. So two big buys in a year is unlikely and trying to get ahold of one. So yah i have plenty to keep me busy. 

• Like 1

Platinum #68

Se47a93.png 

1S3c1b9a.png Master of Seasons

Game two of my fall playlist is now complete. Seasons is a very unique project. It is a platformer per se but with no real way to fail or die. You play as this adorable little fox that has control of the seasons. Being able to change the environment correctly is crucial as most of the platforming revolves around getting the right combinations to continue through the stages. The main star though is the game itself as it is a treat. It is like moving through a painting and makes this really tranquil mood for the game. It was a good choice for both GBN and my fall list. 

• 2 weeks later...

It has been two weeks since my last update so lets see how where things stand.

First like many others, I did lose some good milestones, like Tokyo Xanadu. Which was a bummer since that was one of the games I worked the longest at. I am undecided whether I like the new system of not. I didnt care much about that ranking anyways. My goal for some time has been to bring my overall completion percentage up and I am almost at a good next milestone there. I will call 60% decent, not great but decent. If I can get above 80 one day I will be happy, thrilled at 90 but that is a long ways off. Like some have pointed out, I have neglected some great titles and need to go back to finish them. So by going down the line, I am working on both Man eater and Wizards of Brandel story. 

Platinum # 69

S9a3d80.png

1S351342.png Platinum Midnight

These are perhaps the most enjoyable franchise under the Rat umbrella. These are just fun games. It even has little pumpkins for that fall mood. The music is great and has this great sad birthday tone that is awesome. While I do think the trophies do a disservice to this game, you like making people actually completing it. Not even three staring all levels like Furmins did, just finishing it. You  just  have to get to the first two levels of hard mode, boom your good. I like the character models and the level designs here though, so it was fun finishing it out. 

Story Mode Completed:

S4dc52f.png

19S034dd1.png You Can't sit with Us

It took me two attempts to get through the first playthough of this game. I thought I would be more interested in the setting with samurai's and ronin in backdrop of pre westernized Japan. It was a slog for me for good portions of the game where it just slows down. Most people force skip through and just get the pat but I actually read them and like to see the subtle differences and what it opens up about the story in the changes. 

Spoiler

At this point I am wondering Why I should care. The father which is the whole reason we are here, is just red herring to keep her with the ronin. We never really get that much useful information to make me want to keep looking for him. Aside from the fact it may have been her blood that caused the whole problem to begin with so why bother, go home. The historical backdrop was neat with how the different clans were siding with the Shogun or the Emperor and about the incoming industrialization. Then it got weird with demons and half demons who I thought of as vampires for lack of a better term.  I think what put me off the most was that after what four years she still has no real growth as a character. At every turn, she makes bad and rash decisions and needs to be rescued by a man, and all she seems to be good for is doing domestic duties and running messages. There is never the sense that she can handle things herself, even after receiving one on one training from the captains.  Not very inspiring reading. Sorry I have been doing a gender and literature course, so it really sticks out to me right now. 

All that being said it may be some time until I return. And I will have to since I am cleaning things up. 

Other Updates

FallGuys

Fall Guys: 6/35 08%>>> 16/35  26%

My goal was to start right when the new season started to get hopefully to level 40. I got past the first goal and now onto 25. The game gets repetitive though since at time, you will play the same games many times in a row. I think I played the the same game for the first round four times in a row, and then it did it again with a different minigame. I am excited when I see something different I have not played before. Aside form that I still like the game, even when I am cursing it when I have a actual lead and I misjump or try the wrong door and i lose it.There are only to levels I say I do not like, the Slimb Climb and the new one this season with the hoops.  

• 2 weeks later...

Story Completed: 

S3b5a3d.png Wizards of Brandel

10S81ec2f.png Reached the True Ending

24/33  62% C rank

This raises my overall PCG to 59.7%

Another Kemco game and more of the same for the most part. This time though it does have some quirky characters. You have a homeless wizard, since he missed his loan repayment and his whole house was repoed while he was sleeping in it. You have a warrior with so bad sense of direction she will get stuck in a corner and not know how to get out of it. You have a mutated women that is half demon plant. She can go into a withered state randomly if she does not drink enough water. Finally you have another wizard that is 200 years old but looks and acts like a teenage boy. Darius, who is the homeless wizard, is by far my least liked protagonist in any kemco game. I just don't think he makes a good hero. The plot is not very original and even the final boss's reasonings are such a trope it could make you cringe. All that being said, now it is just the grind so it goes to the side. Like most other Kemco's there is the complete every side quest and grind to max level so you can beat all the arena matches. Oh and I think I still have to get the 100,000 damage hit but since I am only level 65 it would take some more grinding to get there. 

Now I only have one game left in the to beat the story pile for the very easy category in my played backlog, and that is ManEater. I am almost there as I am on the last location and chapter. For Vita, I have moved on to the next pile which contains Halloween Forever and Adventures of Mana. I am working on the platformer first, since I do not want to be doing two RPG's still at the the same time. After knocking out a few easy randoms, i put it on Contra mode to get a handle of the bosses and layout and then going back to get a story completion. By contra mode, there is an option for 99 lives and for easier life resets so it does not take you back all the way back to the beginning of the level but to the checkpoint if you die. 99 lives though for good reason disables trophies, but it gives you a good familiarity of how to beat the game so you should be able to once you get through it once. 

Lastly I am glad to almost hit the 60% mark. From being in the 30% range when I started on this site, it is a double increase in about just over 2 years. That is with a good number of games that I need to get atleast the story done. I am not giving up on plats either though. I thought of how to organize them and decided that I would use my profile and use the game that was incomplete that has the highest percentage completed. So the first game there is My Brother Rabbit with a 94%. Two trophies which are in two different chapters, but i saw that it does have chapter select so I can do one at a time. 

ManEater

5/33  08%>>> 17/33 38%

Halloween Forever

3/39  04%>>. 5/39  07%

Your completion percentage has had a pretty good increase, I've been working on mine for a bit too. I started a couple years ago trying to bring my completion percentage up and at the time it was 37%, I'm now at almost 56%. I like your idea of beating the story for games on your profile then deciding if they are worth platinumming rather than making that choice before you start playing. That process would probably help me get my unearned trophy count down faster and raise my percentage up faster, but I keep adding new games.?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Grotz99 said:

Your completion percentage has had a pretty good increase, I've been working on mine for a bit too. I started a couple years ago trying to bring my completion percentage up and at the time it was 37%, I'm now at almost 56%. I like your idea of beating the story for games on your profile then deciding if they are worth platinumming rather than making that choice before you start playing. That process would probably help me get my unearned trophy count down faster and raise my percentage up faster, but I keep adding new games.1f914.png

It does not help I signed up for another KYC but some of them are shorter games that getting the story done should help considerably. Dont let starting games detract you. Do it like this, do a new game til the story is done, then do an old game til the story is done and keep alternating. Eventually you will be out of games that are already played that need to go through that part of the scenario. Then on the side have one game that has already had the story completed to work on the plat. Looking at your profile, although it would not affect your numbers much, i would delete the 0% games until I was ready to beat them. Your next game to beat would be Magic the Gathering 2014. It looks like the multiplayer is still good to do, so that is your easiest to get done. 

So to figure out which story to play I split all my games up by the overall completion or plat PCG. So they went from 99%-50%, 49%-20%. 19-10%, 9%-5%, then the UR PCGs. Maneater is the only story mode left in that top tier. I also did not add to the story mode side any game like word search that does not have a story per se. they just went on the to complete side. 

99%-50%                                        49%-20%

Man Eater   Word Search   Dragon Ball Z Marvel Spiderman
   The Little Acre   Horizon Zero Dawn Tina's Toy Factory
   Cybarian   Star Wars Fallen Jedi  Stranger Things
   My Brother Rabbit   Lost Sphere                  Emerald Shores
    Hakuoki Kyoto Winds     South Park TFBW Amnesia Memories
   Wizards of Brandel   Final Fantasy 7 Kingdom Hearts 3
      Bully Untitled Goose Game
      Dragon Quest 11 Final Fantasy 7 Remake
      Castlevania  
      Halloween Forever  
      Adventures of Mana  
      Ni No Kuni 2  

19%-10%                                                                  09%-05%

Far Cry 5 My Hero One's Justice    The Swords of Ditto   Onrush
Final Fantasy Type 0                                             American Fugitive       Akiba's Beat
Astro Bot     Mad MAx Uno
Mary Skelter     Citizens of Earth Fat Princess
Batman Arkham Asylum     2064 Playstation VR
Skyrim     Rogue Aces  
Fallout 4     Final Fantasy X  
My Time at Portia     Final Fantasy IX  
Just Cause 4     J-stars VS+  
Kingdom Hearts     Beat Saber  
Crash Bandicoot     Persona 4 Golden  
Persona 5     Attack on Titan 2  
Akiba's Trip        
The Outer Worlds        
Doctor Who        
Diablo 3        

Under 05%

Call of Duty Ghosts Atomic Ninjas
Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms  Star Wars Battlefront
Portal Knights Summon Night 6
Zombie Frobisher Says
Fade to Silence Don't Bite me Bro
Yakuza Kiwami Flow
Two Point Hospital Until dawn Rush of Blood
The Caligula Effect Fall Guys
Dark Rose Valkyrie  
Sword Art Online Re Hollow fragment  
Outward  
Neverwinter  
Dead Cells  

2 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

It does not help I signed up for another KYC but some of them are shorter games that getting the story done should help considerably. Dont let starting games detract you. Do it like this, do a new game til the story is done, then do an old game til the story is done and keep alternating. Eventually you will be out of games that are already played that need to go through that part of the scenario. Then on the side have one game that has already had the story completed to work on the plat. Looking at your profile, although it would not affect your numbers much, i would delete the 0% games until I was ready to beat them. Your next game to beat would be Magic the Gathering 2014. It looks like the multiplayer is still good to do, so that is your easiest to get done. 

So to figure out which story to play I split all my games up by the overall completion or plat PCG. So they went from 99%-50%, 49%-20%. 19-10%, 9%-5%, then the UR PCGs. Maneater is the only story mode left in that top tier. I also did not add to the story mode side any game like word search that does not have a story per se. they just went on the to complete side. 

99-50%                                                49-20%                                                               19-10%                                                                09%-05%                                             under 05%

ManEater     Word Search                    Dragon Ball Z              Marvel Spiderman               Far Cry 5 My Hero One's Justice    The Swords of Ditto  Onrush   Call of Duty Ghosts Atomic Ninjas
      The Little Acre   Horizon Zero Dawn Tina's Toy Factory   Final Fantasy Type 0     American Fugitive Akiba's Beat   Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms   Star Wars Battlefront
  Cybarian   Star Wars Fallen Jedi Stranger Things   Astro Bot     Mad MAx Uno   Portal Knights Summon Night 6
  My Brother Rabbit   Lost Sphere Emerald Shores   Mary Skelter     Citizens of Earth Fat Princess   Zombie Frobisher Says
  Hakuoki Kyoto Winds   South Park TFBW Amnesia Memories   Batman Arkham Asylum     2064 Playstation VR       Fade to Silence Don't Bite me Bro
  Wizards of Brandel   Final Fantasy 7 Kingdom Hearts 3   Skyrim     Rogue Aces     Yakuza Kiwami Flow
      Bully Untitled Goose Game   Fallout 4     Final Fantasy X     Two Point Hospital Until dawn Rush of Blood
      Dragon Quest 11 Final Fantasy 7 Remake   My Time at Portia     Final Fantasy IX     The Caligula Effect Fall Guys
      Castlevania     Just Cause 4     J-stars VS+     Dark Rose Valkyrie  
      Halloween Forever     Kingdom Hearts     Beat Saber     Sword Art Online Re Hollow fragment  
      Adventures of Mana     Crash Bandicoot     Persona 4 Golden     Outward  
      Ni No Kuni 2     Persona 5     Attack on Titan 2     Neverwinter  
            Akiba's Trip           Dead Cells  

I do have a spreadsheet like that where I track games I want to play, the time estimated just to beat, then the estimated time to complete 100%. There are definitely some games I play knowing that I won't go for the platinum and that's OK, I usually aim for 80%. This last month hasn't been bad as I platinumed some <10% completed games on my list, but I seem to usually be at about 2-3/1 new games to existing games. I've been just choosing games aimed more towards getting the platinum for a while and I think that started to bother me, as I have a ton of games on my backlog I really want to play.

I do try to have one grind/long term game going with one story and maybe 1-2 distraction games (platformers/arcade/nonstory). I can never stick to only 1 game at a time, especially if they are grindy as it would burn me out. I actually have games for different times that I can play them. For example, I play VN type games an hour before bed usually, as it calms me down and I don't need to pay a ton of attention, like reading a book before bed.

I don't mind the 0% games on my profile as they don't change the completion percentage or unearned trophy count until you earn 1 trophy in them. They are a good reminder of what I want to play next and I can take a quick look at the trophies. They do however add to games played. I don't know why, but even if they are on my spreadsheet, I like to see them in this list before I play them. I think there is actually an option in your profile on here to hide them.

5 minutes ago, Grotz99 said:

I do have a spreadsheet like that where I track games I want to play, the time estimated just to beat, then the estimated time to complete 100%. There are definitely some games I play knowing that I won't go for the platinum and that's OK, I usually aim for 80%. This last month hasn't been bad as I platinumed some <10% completed games on my list, but I seem to usually be at about 2-3/1 new games to existing games. I've been just choosing games aimed more towards getting the platinum for a while and I think that started to bother me, as I have a ton of games on my backlog I really want to play.

I do try to have one grind/long term game going with one story and maybe 1-2 distraction games (platformers/arcade/nonstory). I can never stick to only 1 game at a time, especially if they are grindy as it would burn me out. I actually have games for different times that I can play them. For example, I play VN type games an hour before bed usually, as it calms me down and I don't need to pay a ton of attention, like reading a book before bed.

I don't mind the 0% games on my profile as they don't change the completion percentage or unearned trophy count until you earn 1 trophy in them. They are a good reminder of what I want to play next and I can take a quick look at the trophies. They do however add to games played. I don't know why, but even if they are on my spreadsheet, I like to see them in this list before I play them. I think there is actually an option in your profile on here to hide them.

I think I will be able to focus on more on some of the longer plats and getting things done once my numbers are up. For my Vita it will happen sooner. I only have 9 games to complete the story on. I work on a vita and PS4 game at the same time. I try not to do the same game types on both systems as well. The vita is my time killer between classes while making sure my kids are doing their home schooling. Games like Run Sackboy worked great for that. Halloween Forever does the same right now, especially with the 99 lives option. I am about halfway through. Once these few stories are done I can alternate between new game story and finish up a game. 

Story Mode Complete:

Sb213d7.png

28S0e8bba.png Vengeance is Mine. 

17/33 38%>>>>21/33 66%

Overall PCG 59.7>>> 59.88%

A really decent game is done. If you take a Shark Week, show, mix in the zaniness of Saints Row, and you play as the shark, that about sums up ManEater. The game can be challenging I think at the lower levels more, I had problems with the alligators in the early stages than with any other. Once you get to the end and you have a full set of bone or shadow, everything is a joke. My biggest gripe can be the frame rates can suffer really bad at times and I did get some crashes as well. The most this happens when you are being hunted by humans and there are too many in the area at once. There are still a bunch of collectable to get for me, since you cannot reach them easily even fully grown. At least now I have a perk that lets smaller enemies ignore you, so it makes it less annoying to collect them when the time comes. 

So now I have finished all the started games from the first stack so down below is the next stack, 49-20% range. They are all good titles and trying to figure out which way to go next. I do have KYC starting on the first so that will throw a small wrench in, but most of those games are not longer ones. I was thinking of going back to one of the shorter ones to start off with, either Lost Sphere or Castlevania. For Requiem though, I am trying to decide what constitutes the story mode. Is it beating Richter, which I have already done, is it beating the inverted castle, or is it beating one of those and Rondo of Blood once? Or does someone have a better one to start with altogether. On a side not I know I said that I would be working on Halloween forever for my vita but it was just not doing it for me right now. So even though it is abit out of my order, I went back to 2064. I want to hit the 60% mark by the 1st and I think getting through this story will get me there quite easily. 

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
Horizon Zero Dawn
Star Wars Fallen Jedi
Lost Sphere
South Park TFBW
Final Fantasy 7 (OG)
Bully
Dragon Quest 11
Castlevania Requiem
Ni No Kuni 2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum # 70

Sb213d7.png

1S57bc7c.png Platinum

Overall PCG  59.88%>>> 59.84%

I am actually down some since starting KYC but as you can see not by much a fraction of a few points.Not much to add to the end experience but the grinding to the end was a pain with the lag of framerate. I was worried that as it kept getting more intense that the game would crash. It is a fun game and if you have not played it, it is worth a look. 

That being said, I did finish one story mode for a KYC game

Sbb426a.png

A great game and experience but feels like a demo instead of a full game for the price. It is really cool being in the Arkham space and really feeling like Batmen. The story too is kind of a trip but as I said way too short. Even goofing off and getting some side quests done, i still finished it in about 1 1/2 hours or so. It takes longer to do the riddler trophies than to actually play the game. 

Game Started

S94f81e.png

This is an interesting title. Part creepy, part puzzle game with a cute little character in a trenchcoat. I honestly don't know how you would go through the whole game in a hour. True after the first blind playthrough and figuring out the puzzles would help ands then doing a collectables run. So by your third time through, you would know how to speed things up. But from what I read it means no mistakes and you only have 5 minutes of wiggle room. But for now not worried about it, just enjoying finishing the game. It reminds me of Ico a bit which was one of my fav games back in the day. 

• 2 weeks later...

Two new completions done back to back

Peace Talks (Dresden Files) by Jim ButcherBattle Ground (Dresden Files) by Jim Butcher

I had been waiting for quite some time for the Dresden Saga to continue. Sure there have been some short stories but but has been a few years since the last full novel. Now we got two released within a few months of each other. Technically it is a two parter, with the first having some plot development but mostly is set up for part two: Battle Grounds. The book is one all out war of most of the Supernatural world against a remerging Titan and her allies. It was a real treat to read through these and I finished them both in a few days. 

New Games Started:

Sa6ec85.pngS96a6f1.pngS55f310.png

Two new games that are both pretty fun that were started for KYC. Pathfinder is a pretty good game that plays really close to others of the same genre like Pillars of Eternity. It is a slow game though with the trophies with only one unlocked with close to ten hours of playtime. Planet Coaster I got my wife as a gift but I tried it out too. his is the Roller Coaster Tycoon for the system and it is good fun and A good challenge. Two slow cooking games to work through but will get done. The last is a VN that I started as well but I do not know when to get it done, it stinks to me and ended up being disappointed. 

Story Completed: 

S233fa1.png

A very interesting mix to me of VN and Point and click. The setting has that 80's cyber noir feel, it reminds me of the 8 man After Japanese movie. You have robots and cybernetic implants and questions about machine intelligence. I did the first playthrough and just need to do the endless Christmas portion before putting into the work on the other pile. I am lucky that I did not have any crashes so meaning next time I may get the Iron Rom on the first try unlike others. Good fun game though. 

• 2 weeks later...

The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros

A really good short read of a  Hispanic family moving into their first house in 1950's Chicago. 

In other news, made it over 60% now and I hope to keep it that way. My goal for the rest of the month is to get a bunch of completions in and drive it up some more. I am on my last few days of school and then a month of break. So plenty of time to read and enjoy some games. But not too much so I do not make my better half mad. So here are the few completions that got me over the hump.

100% complete

S55f310.png The Midnight Sanctuary

11Scf8e5f.png Cleared Chapter 5

Well I started this game for KYC and the best thing I can say is that it is over. So as a VN it is pretty lame . I have plenty of gripes. So the first thing to know is that there is ever present mural or maybe stained glass background you see all the time and while interesting at first get annoying for reasons I will go into later. So the for the story, you are the guide for the protagonist. You are not the hero herself, but her guide through this village. Being so, you have no dialogue. Apparently she can hear you or understand you but there is no spoken words. Her story is that if a researcher here at this village to look into the history of the church and local legends. This is because the village wants to become a tourist trap and think their stuff is cool enough to spark interest. Let me tell you, it does not. I have no idea what time period this game is supposed to be. All I can assume is that it is after westernization is allowed in Japan since they do mention trains and that Christians used to be persecuted but now not so much. The game really plays up on look how good of a group of Christians we are but actually they spend the whole time I have seen worshiping an unknown saint, not God. This mysterious saint is one because they made meat appear out of the ground. The rest of the story is weird and leaves off on a really strange note. 

So the game itself is in an almost 3d format, so it made it very easy to make into a Vr compatible title, which I did not like. After I got out of 3d mode I figured out why. First is that is is like playing a game that is like cg from a PS2 game. Not very high quality, but that is not what bugs me. What bugs me is that it is another game where any character outside the main ones is just a silhouette. If you played Akiba's Beat you know what I am talking about. What makes it worse is the NPC's are actually transparent. You are actually seeing the background behind them as they move.  In 3d i was trying to figure out why I could not see people, and once I took off the headset, I figured it out. It annoyed me for the rest of the game. 

Platinum # 71

S3b5a3d.png

1Scc5632.png Road to Promises

I finished up the after story for Wizard of Brandel. This end game took some time, as you have to max out to 999 to be able to complete the last Arena matches. Most of everything else is just the same as every other Kemco game. Good fun though. 

Since then I have jumped around to a few different things, we will see what get completed next. 

• Like 1

Story Complete : 

S94f81e.png

10Sc1d49b.png The Lady's Quarters

New Overall PCG 60.03%

At the end of this one, I am not sure what to make of it. The game is fun, reminds of playing Ico with it being an environmental puzzler and platformer. The story is where it gets weird because well it is all up to you how to interpret it. I did after finishing it, watch some theories  on YouTube and some of them I can see. I have the DLC in my cart to get the next bit of hints of what the Maw is all about. And the sequel does come out in what two months. Maybe that will clear some things up. If you have played it and you have some theories, I would like to hear them. 

100% Complete

Sbb426a.png

13S5d926a.png Knight Out  100% complete

New Overall PCG 60.03%>>>> 60.28%

What a great looking game and fun to play, I only wish there was more to it. As many know this was released very early on with the VR launch. Unfortunately it is so short, the story itself can be done in an hour, maybe a bit longer as you sometimes by accident just messing around getting some of the other trophies. The rest of the time is just to get all of the riddler challenges complete. SO this ends up being more of a tech demo like the new Astro Bot for PS5. Story wise, it has potential as Batman could be losing it from being infected with Titan serum as this game takes place after the events of Arkham Asylum and City. I don't know if it affects later events as I have not played after those two games. Being a VR title, it played almost like parts of the telltale game choosing to be more an investigative game than the combat heavy main games. It is a nice immersive experience though. A nice bday gift I was glad to get. 

My next game is close to completion, I have one trophy left for Frobisher Says. This was a free title for the Vita that is a bunch of mini games. The one I have left is such a test of patience to set up just the right time ti complete it, and if I fail to wait for it to come around again, which just happened... sigh. 

• Like 1

100% complete

S98430e.png Frobisher Says

S389418.png Super Fun Pack DLC

S9d65c7.png Mega Fun Pack DLC

I can finally say that this game is 100% complete. This is one of the free titles you can pick up on the Vita store. Most of them are easy games but can be a grind, this one can be too, but I finally got to buying the DLC packs so I can finish it up. So Frobisher is like playing Simon Syas on the Vita, there are plenty of games like this on I Phones and Androids, where it is a collection of mini games. And aside from the wired art style is mostly fun. Most of the games are striahg forward and use all of the Vita's features, including the microphone, cameras, tilt, front and back touch pads. The only time it gets aggravating is when the camera has to focus on you. You need a sunny day indoors for good light. An overhead light or a lamp is still too weak to pick up and being outside gives off too much glare. Only a few trophies too are annoying. One for having to complete the game at exactly 4 mins and 9 secs. So you needs timer and do it just right or wait for it to come around again. the other is a DLC trophy that is getting to take a picture with three people not paying attention. Well first the game has to comeup, then you need the repeated level so all three will be moving, finally it needs to be timed just so because the signal for all three is so fast that you will spend a good few times missing it or so close to getting it but still does not register. The game itself has only a 3% completion rate but mostly because I dont think people want to pay for the DLC even if it is pretty cheap. But happy to say it is done. Next up for Vita is Chronus Arc. 

Platinum # 72

Sa6f51d.png

1S9c1317.png Super Explorer

This was my first attempt at an Mundi title. It is a bit different from many of the others that I have seen as it is much brighter and drawn so much differently then the rest. It story from what I have gathered involves a rabbit and a plant looking girl. The plant is actually your sister who has cancer it seems. This game is your way of making sense of what is happening and in your own mind taking things into your own hands to make her better. Some pretty deep stuff. It took awhile for me after finishing the game to go back to do the cleanup, luckily there is a chapter select. 

I am proud that my Overall PCG has shot up remarkably. 

60.28%>>> 60.50%

I have made lots of progress in Planet Coaster, getting lots of the coaster stuff done and now going back to career. I also started a new game in Chronus Arc, which reminds me of playing Dragon Warrior, in that there are huge jumps in the enemy difficulty when you move on to the next area of the map. I am also returning to Astro Bot and 2064 to finish up and Finally starting Aer. 

Platinum # 73

S3105c8.png

1Sf434bc.png Pilgrim

Overall PCG

60.50%>>> 60.77%

This was neat little title. Yes it is a cupcake as some like to call them and the creators even acknowledge it. I mean look at the Plat image. It is a freaking cupcake...lol. It has some cool dynamics as you shift from human to bird to go from area to area. I like the story too about trying to be closer to nature and not the things that do not really matter because they are just hollow. My largest complaint are the load times as it seems more like a PS1 game for going from section to section, and if you went into the wrong area and turn around oh load screen again for 30 seconds. I for the most part enjoyed it though and it is out of the backlog which I am truing to bring down to a more reasonable level. 

Platinum # 74

S448c5c.png

1S9cb924.png A Secret Prize

This game was an unexpected treat. It is just plain fun to cause havoc and to just do what you want. The game is a light puzzle game where you have checklist of items to complete for the four game areas. While cute, the movement can be annoying to get yourself going in the right direction, especially in a crunch. Speaking of crunch, again the speed trial rears its ugly head with each area having a six minute drill. There are also hidden side quests to complete, with most of them having a trophy associated with them. It is a cute short game that does not overstay its welcome.

Story Completed:

S59b490.png

8S313fe4.png E.T. Crawl Home

I played the VR demo and fell in love with Astro and this was one of the first buys I had for my VR. I took a break and now came back to complete the final boss and get the few side missions done. Now all that is left are the challenges. I did do some as well, the easiest I think I had to do was the repeat of the first boss battle.

So where does that leave me? 

Overall PCG

60.77%>>> 60.94%

Sf1e702.png  Still working my way through, I had a set back as I failed to save before fighting this huge dragon that whooped me bad. So now grinding some levels before attempting it again. 

S23ad76.png The next story mode to complete. I beat this game for 360 so that is why I have not finished it agin this time around. But beating the VR has put me in the mood to put on the cowl again.

Lastly: S3bf1fa.png Time to grind for 75. It took me a minute to decide which it would be but this is the winner. I need to get the online mode done while it is still open.