Project Platinum: Warriors

Leon Castle

BOOM! So that's Musou Platinum #54

What with all the worry about stores closing and whatnot recently, while in the middle of other Musou games, I surprisingly jumped into a PS3 Chinese stack, wasn't originally intending to venture outside of English and Japanese games but most of the DW7 and DW8 were already out of stock when I checked playasia, except for DW7 Empires which was super cheap.

I was actually quite bit worried about how I would be able to understand the menus since in an Empires game and there is a ton of reading involved, however simplified Chinese shares quite a lot of similiar Kanji to Japanese and I was surprised at how much I was about to decipher even if I can't actually pronounce any of it, the Kanji names for the characters is also the same as the Japanese version and for everything else there are little sword, pouch icons and various +1500, -20 etc numbers which I could easily lookup on a gamefaqs/related guide to double check.

I was also quite surprised at how good google translate is, English to Chinese (simplified), typing things like "Emperor" and whatnot, actually comes up with the correct symbols.

Just like the western release, there's only Japanese dialogue in the game, which actually of course helped immensely and even if I couldn't quite catch what was going on, there are lots of crowd cheering noises and the characters showing happy or sad faces etc, enough signals to give me clues onto what is going on.

Only took me a week, multiple saves and save scum is your friend.

I really love the Empires games, if only for the reason that I'm just sick of having to get everyone's rare weapon, on every game ever. As the amount of characters increases, that becomes such a chore. I wish Vagrant mode from SW4 was in SW4-II

It's so nice in games like Berserk and Legend of Arslan to not have to worry about rare weapons.

I really wish there was a second stack for SW3 Empires...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...