- Dynasty Warriors 9

- Samurai Warriors 4
- Samurai Warriors 4-II
- Samurai Warriors Spirit of Sanada
- Warriors Orochi 3
- Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate
- Wariors Orochi 4

Thanks.

That's a nice list. I notice you haven't platted any Empires games? You should give one a whirl. DW 7: Empires is the best of the lot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

That's a nice list. I notice you haven't platted any Empires games? You should give one a whirl. DW 7: Empires is the best of the lot. 

Thanks.
I've always wanted to try the Empires games but got hesitant due to the strategy elements.  I'm not into micro management stuff and to me, Warriors games are all about the mindless, co-op beat'em up fun with friends.  I will give it a try soon, though.  Thanks for the recommendation.

Edited by milanbarca82

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

2 hours ago, milanbarca82 said:

Thanks.
I've always wanted to try the Empires games but got hesitant due to the strategy elements.  I'm not into micro management stuff and to me, Warriors games are all about the mindless, co-op beat'em up fun with friends.  I will give it a try soon, though.  Thanks for the recommendation.

This is mainly aimed at milanbarca...but I quoted starcrunch as well because I think he'll back me up when I say...

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM DW8:E IF YOU AREN'T INTO THE MICROMANAGING!!! lmfao this game is on a whole other level of crazy. :/

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

This is mainly aimed at milanbarca...but I quoted starcrunch as well because I think he'll back me up when I say...

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM DW8:E IF YOU AREN'T INTO THE MICROMANAGING!!! lmfao this game is on a whole other level of crazy. :/

Oh yeah. DW8:E is a pretty good game. The mechanics from DW7:E are more refined there (although I'm annoyed at the fact that you can't get much of the old music). But the plat in DW8:E is an absolute nightmare, and I don't mean in the sense of grindy DW plats.

Most of your plat playthrough is spent monitoring multiple save files to unlock silly "ways of life". This has very little to do with your actions during the playthrough, and more to do with the timing of things, and it is an absolutely horrible experience.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Son..of...a...bitch..

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8238-warriors-orochi-4#DLC-1

I completely forgot about this. :facepalm:

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/games/products/warriors-orochi-4-ultimate/11097514.html

^there is the pre-order for WO4U. I'm very curious to see if it gets its own trophy list and if it does, will trophies auto pop if it reads your save file from WO4.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

23 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Son..of...a...bitch..

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8238-warriors-orochi-4#DLC-1

I completely forgot about this.

The chapters Trophies don't look so bad, (looks at the VERY grindy Trophies) .... I'm kind of glad not to have started the base game then it first released.

30 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/games/products/warriors-orochi-4-ultimate/11097514.html

^there is the pre-order for WO4U. I'm very curious to see if it gets its own trophy list and if it does, will trophies auto pop if it reads your save file from WO4.

If it gets it's own trophy list then it might be a fusion of "Base Game" and "Ultimate DLC Pack" Trophies or a mix in that the "Ultimate DLC Pack" Trophies replace some of "Base Game" Trophies

• Like 1

Just now, Leon Castle said:

The chapters Trophies don't look so bad, (looks at the VERY grindy Trophies) .... I'm kind of glad not to have started the base game then it first released.

If it gets it's own trophy list then it might be a fusion of "Base Game" and "Ultimate DLC Pack" Trophies or a mix in that the "Ultimate DLC Pack" Trophies replace some of "Base Game" Trophies

I traded the game in some time ago, maybe even before the dlc announcement, but once it's cheap enough I may buy it again for the DLC.

If WO4U turns out to have its own trophy list like WO3U did then I'll likely get that as well at some point in 2020. Too many other games coming first though. (which will be hard because WO4 became on of my top favorites in the Musou game lineup.)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've finished up the platinum for Samurai Warriors 4-II.  That should be 10 platinums in this category and a rank up.

I hate to rag on it, but this was a terrible game.  There's very little in the way of original material; outside of Gracia's story -- which made me smile and/or chuckle at times -- everything is simply the old story battles from the original with occasional alternate points of view.  And it's often the same handful of battles over and over and over again, such as fighting Sekigahara or Odawara or many other major battles like six separate times.  (Plus all the other times you have to fight it in story mode for the "beat every battle with every eligible character" trophy.)  The game is repetitive and tedious and repetitive.

But it's done, and now it can go on the shelf.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, acasser said:

I've finished up the platinum for Samurai Warriors 4-II.  That should be 10 platinums in this category and a rank up.

I hate to rag on it, but this was a terrible game.  There's very little in the way of original material; outside of Gracia's story -- which made me smile and/or chuckle at times -- everything is simply the old story battles from the original with occasional alternate points of view.  And it's often the same handful of battles over and over and over again, such as fighting Sekigahara or Odawara or many other major battles like six separate times.  (Plus all the other times you have to fight it in story mode for the "beat every battle with every eligible character" trophy.)  The game is repetitive and tedious and repetitive.

But it's done, and now it can go on the shelf.

Updated. it sounds like almost a unneeded expansion unless you 4-II first, that said is the original SW4 easier and less a pain to Plat?

1 hour ago, Leon Castle said:

Updated. it sounds like almost a unneeded expansion unless you 4-II first, that said is the original SW4 easier and less a pain to Plat?

It seems to me that 4-II was a cash grab by the developer and a lazy one at that.  I probably shouldn't be surprised given the Xtreme Legends "sequels" to the Dynasty Warriors titles, but this one seemed like it was "mailed in" even compared to that.

The original game is probably a little "easier" to play.  Chronicle Mode is easier than the upper levels of the Survival Tower.  But the "sequel" is a little quicker to platinum because Chronicle Mode took more time to run to 100%.  Epiphany skills are a non-factor here, because you're likely to do (almost all of) the necessary work for those while putting in the time and effort for the rare weapons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maverick6146 said:

I have got:

- Dynasty Warriors 7
- Dynasty Warriors 8

- Dynasty Warriors 8 XL

- Wariors Orochi 4

And 

Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 in JAP version. not sure it counts.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3226-戦国無双-chronicle-3/Maverick6146

Added and yes it counts as it's one version of the game you have plat of, only thing that don't count is more versions of the same game like having EU/NA/JP versions of game.

Was any of Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 panels hard to clear? if you remember any of it

5 hours ago, acasser said:

It seems to me that 4-II was a cash grab by the developer and a lazy one at that.  I probably shouldn't be surprised given the Xtreme Legends "sequels" to the Dynasty Warriors titles, but this one seemed like it was "mailed in" even compared to that.

The original game is probably a little "easier" to play.  Chronicle Mode is easier than the upper levels of the Survival Tower.  But the "sequel" is a little quicker to platinum because Chronicle Mode took more time to run to 100%.  Epiphany skills are a non-factor here, because you're likely to do (almost all of) the necessary work for those while putting in the time and effort for the rare weapons.

It was more or less a Samurai Warriors 4 Xtreme Legends only they were lazy to call it that and went with "2" instead. I see that Samurai Warriors 4 is on PS Now so I wonder if it's just ENG subs or is it like DW7-8 both original and Xtreme Legends and is ENG dub only with the japanese voices being DLC.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2020 at 3:54 PM, Leon Castle said:

Was any of Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 panels hard to clear? if you remember any of it

Sorry for the late reply. I was fortunate enough to grab a scanned version of the game guide in Japanese, helped immensely.

For the panels, there are quite a few very annoying challenges in the last panel. (one I remember is to kill a certain number of officers in the tunnel). I personally enjoy the levels though, as you have to strategically place the four characters to maximize your outcome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F1nal said:

I have done the Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate DLC trophies, but I am not sure how/if that would count here

Now it counts for The Best Warrior across Dimensions Special Award

I'm picking up Warriors All-Stars again since I'm in the mood for a Musou game, and I'm wondering if there are any specific things I know or if there's a guide out there that seems to be best for it? My brother and I started it a while ago and play off and on but a lot of time had passed between plays and we didn't really have a goal in mind. I was thinking about just finishing up the save file we're on and then starting a new one using a guide.

Does starting a new save file reset the characters to level 1 or will the progress you made with characters carry over?

8 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Does starting a new save file reset the characters to level 1 or will the progress you made with characters carry over?

If you use the same character as the 1st save file then yes the progress you made with characters carry over, if not then you have to unlock the character on the new save file or get into the true ending path to get the character/s you have leveled up.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6559-warriors-all-stars/Avatar_Of_Battle

Stupid game makes 16. Berserk will be next since I already have it. Hopefully my bro likes it a lot more than All-Stars so we can play together.

Congrats on the plat!

Berserk has arguably the most annoying end boss of any musou game I’ve ever played. Seriously, Femto sucks. And the fact that you have to descend 100 floors into the abyss and beat him, with EVERY character, will test your patience.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1